Drunks

still kicking

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

And, the article says the bars are responsible for giving breathalyzer and getting transport. 555

One of the biggest jokes I have ever heard of here good luck.

Don't worry I am in the west now I never drink and drive never had a speeding or parking ticket in 40 years. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

"In the event that a customer refuses to rest and has a breath alcohol level exceeding the legal limit, the bar operators must contact the customer’s friends or relatives or hail public transport to arrange for their transportation at the customer’s expense."

How ridiculous is this. First, how would a bar know if you were driving/riding home with your vehicle parked out of sight, 2nd how would a bar know how to call your friends or relatives. What if you have none in Thailand 😆 

I live a 5 minute walk from LK Metro, why would I be mandated to have a breath test when I'm walking home?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

....."like they do everywhere else in the World"...

And that is not right. I know many countries where it is the duty of the bar keeper to take care of customers when it comes to "driving home by yourself'

How does a Pattaya bar know if a customer is driving themselves home? How would they have any clue if someone is walking home, or they've parked a bike 200 meters away because they've been on a bar crawl 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

How does a Pattaya bar know if a customer is driving themselves home? How would they have any clue if someone parked a bike 200 meters away because they've been on a bar crawl 

Probably you use your mouth only for intake but not for talking?😂😂😂. So easy for you to answer the question of the bar keeper, isn't it?🧑‍🎄

• Confused 4

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Do those officials know it stays in your system for a minimum of 8 hours and if you really drunk for more? 

That's not true. Alcohol affects people differently depending on their physiology, weight, age, etc.

I am NOT defending the idiots trying to implement this plan. I am saying to try and use this argument could only sway idiots - now, wait a tick . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, still kicking said:

Do those officials know it stays in your system for a minimum of 8 hours and if you really drunk for more? 

Obviously not, sober being the operative word.

They think if you can stand up and stagger you're good to go

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you suggesting this as good idea ??

Everyone leaving a bar has to be breathalysed, and if they are over the legal driving limit they have to wait ??

How will bars differentiate between someone driving and someone taking a taxi ???

Everything Pattaya57 wrote is very true....  The whole concept is a complete joke..  its utterly preposterous that authorities can potentially kick-the-can onto establishments because they themselves fail to enforce existing laws.

This whole idea that 'later opening' will create drink driving is completely moronic.

Drunk driving is enabled because of the outstandingly crap law enforcement and complete apathy towards DUI in this country. 

ONLY strict law enforcement of this issue will instigate the required cultural shift to make any inroads into reduced DUI numbers and as a direct result an improvement in road accident and fatality stats - placing this onus on a bar is beyond moronic, its gallactically stupid, negligent and irresponsible of authorities to even consider this. 

You're just trying to circumvent law enforcements. You don't realise that??? 😕

• Confused 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

How does a Pattaya bar know if a customer is driving themselves home? How would they have any clue if someone is walking home, or they've parked a bike 200 meters away because they've been on a bar crawl 

Many Oz pubs and clubs offer this transport option.

Screenshot_20231211-153708.jpg

36 minutes ago, Olmate said:
2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Many Oz pubs and clubs offer this transport option.

Thats to attract customers who want to drink... not because the pubs are responsible for any drink drivers.

The drink driving is already dealt with by the police.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm trying to what ????... me ??? 

What laws in Thailand exist that a barman is accountable for someone getting in their car and driving drunk ??

The stupidity of your responses make me wonder if you are not another posters who is also famous for their daft responses... 

He's very quiet today so I wonder if he's not received a ban for his stupidity and has logged in under another username, but the silliness of the responses betrays the identity. 

Is a must to use bad words and to be rude? Is this a requirement? Why you use your gutter language when I ask you politely. Where are you coming from? And why people here tolerate you?😕

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Is a must to use bad words and to be rude? Is this a requirement? Why you use your gutter language when I ask you politely. Where are you coming from? And why people here tolerate you?😕

Apologies if the word stupid and silliness are words you consider 'gutter language' and offended you - but if the cap fits... 

You've accused me of wanting to circumnavigate drink driving laws - I've no idea how you could possibly interpret that unless you've simply misread my comments or failed to understand them. 

As for the rest of your comments - just nonsensical, as nonsensical as your suggestion that in a city of 10 million the bar / barman(woman) might be accountable for drink drivers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

How ridiculous is this. First, how would a bar know if you were driving/riding home with your vehicle parked out of sight, 2nd how would a bar know how to call your friends or relatives. What if you have none in Thailand

It is complete nonsense isn't it.

If you're drunk then the only place to sober up before driving is a hotel where you get a full nights sleep.

But most people will get tuk-tuks or some kind of taxi type transport and be on their way home.

• Like 2