Olympic Gold Medalist Denies Sexual Assault Allegations

webfact

image.jpeg

In a recent development, Somrak Kamsing, the renowned Olympic gold medalist in boxing, has categorically denied allegations of assaulting a 17-year-old girl.

He asserted that such behavior was absolutely out of the question. Somrak, also known as "Bas," highlighted the sensitivity of the matter and revealed that legal representation had been engaged to handle the case, reported Thai Rath.

The incident involves a fictitious 17-year-old girl from Kalasin province, who filed a complaint with the police in Khon Kaen. She accused the former boxing champion of committing an offense within a hotel room in the municipality.

The latest update as of December 10, 2023, saw reporters contacting Police Lieutenant Somrak Kamsing, also known as Bas, the internationally acclaimed Olympic gold medalist in boxing since 1996.

Bas, renowned for his mantra "Never Back Down," made it clear that he is cognizant of the recent accusations. He has enlisted legal representation to ensure adherence to proper legal procedures.

He staunchly refuted any wrongdoing, and affirming that such behavior goes entirely against his principles. Despite this, he recognized the sensitivity of the matter, mentioning that he was not previously aware of the presence of CCTV footage recording various perspectives of the purported incident with the 17-year-old girl.

"I prefer not to say much personally; everything will unfold according to legal procedures. But I confirm that I did not assault anyone," stated the owner of the famous catchphrase "Never Back Down," concluding the statement.

Picture: Thai Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-12-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident involves a fictitious 17-year-old girl from Kalasin province

4 hours ago, webfact said:

mentioning that he was not previously aware of the presence of CCTV footage recording various perspectives of the purported incident with the 17-year-old girl.

So the girl never excised ,and he was not aware of any tape recording of the incident , not that

there could not possible be a tape ... because it never happened ,

regards worgeordie

Thai police step up probe into underage assault linked to ex-Olympic boxer
by Nattapong Westwood

image.jpeg

Thai police are accelerating their investigation into the case of a 17 year old girl who reported being sexually assaulted after a night out at a club. They are gathering information before summoning Somluck Kamsing, a former Olympic gold medal boxer, for questioning about the underage assault.

The incident occurred today, at an entertainment venue on Prachasamran Road, Khon Kaen City. Somluck is alleged to have taken the underage girl from the club after closing time.

Particularly in focus is the entertainment venue where Somluck and the 17 year old girl were seen leaving together. Officers found the club operating as usual during their search, with no illegal substances detected. According to the club’s manager, Somluck sat at a table near the DJ booth and was frequently approached by patrons for photos and drinks until closing time.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Yodsawat Kaewsuebthani revealed that the girl, named as A to protect her identity, aged around 17 years and 10 months, reported that she was taken and sexually assaulted by Somluck. Initial investigations included interviewing a friend who picked up A from the hotel, and she may serve as a witness.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Not much to go off in the  OP       So It will be interesting to see what verdict the TVF hang' em high brigade arrive at. 

I have no feelings either way as to who's telling the truth,and  I couldn't care less personally,  My missus has been taking a bit of an interest in it all, on TV and "social media" (of course)  she's of the opinion that the girl involved is  telling porkies and only involved the police as her blackmail plans were not working out.   stranger things have happened

The lengthy news coverage implies to me that its not exactly an open and shut case, 

If he is proved to be guilty he could be facing a lengthy prison sentence, as of course is only right and proper

But if the opposite is proved to be true and her allegations were indeed all lies,  then she should face an identical sentence,  and of course be publicly named and shamed along with anybody else involved

Unfortunately even if he is exonerated his reputation will suffer irreparably for a long time, as accusations like this leave a stain that is very difficult to remove. 

Is it right to reveal his Identity before  the case has been concluded ?  Personally I say No

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

The incident involves a fictitious 17-year-old girl from Kalasin province.  ( not real or true, being imaginary or having been fabricated:)

That's what you get from google translate lol  should have been "anonymous"   surely   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

the owner of the famous catchphrase "Never Back Down," concluding the statement.

Presumably he actually says the Thai equivalent as I met him in a restaurant about 2 months ago and his English was non-existent.

5 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Will they be fining the girl for being underage in a nightclub and also suspend the licence of the nightclub for letting her in without checking her id?

missis seems to think she had fake ID   A photo of her ID card  on her phone   ( of course)   with the D.O.B.  altered,   take that as unconfirmed though

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Will they be fining the girl for being underage in a nightclub and also suspend the licence of the nightclub for letting her in without checking her id?

They might throw that at her if she's found to be lying    The club is unlikely to lose their licence on account of one underage customer,  anyway I'm sure you know how it works here . the club will have been paying "insurance" since it opened

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

missis seems to think she had fake ID   A photo of her ID card  on her phone   ( of course)   with the D.O.B.  altered,   take that as unconfirmed though

Thanks.

Perhaps they should adopt a policy of asking for the actual id, I know there could still be fakes but its a lot easier to alter a picture on a phone.

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

They might throw that at her if she's found to be lying    The club is unlikely to lose their licence on account of one underage customer,  anyway I'm sure you know how it works here . the club will have been paying "insurance" since it opened

Yes, I was playing devil's advocate.

4 minutes ago, nahkit said:

Thanks.

Perhaps they should adopt a policy of asking for the actual id, I know there could still be fakes but its a lot easier to alter a picture on a phone.

Thailand is the land of fakes,    I doubt the guys on the door really care, as long as they are seen to have asked for ID  there is little else they can do.    the police aren't really that bothered about it either it to be honest,  Its something they home in on now and again, like crash helmets on motorbikes, where I live its the last thursday of each month with  often additional checks prior to Songkran and new year