UK Passport renewal in Thailand

There are two quite separate issues here:

1  The UK HMPO needs to make sure that the passport, which belongs to the Government, is in the hands of the correct person.

2  All the pages within the passport, since we do not get stamped into and out of UK, are therefore for other countries to use with their entry and exit stamps. Hence, as a PR, when I got a new passport my re-entry permit was not in it. I had to go through Immigration in Thailand to get a new one, and until then had to use both passports. In the same way if you are denied entry to a country I believe that gets stamped in your passport. HMPO may therefore be having a quick look for such things before issuing a new passport.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OJAS said:

Requiring colour copies of each and every other passport page as well does strike me as being OTT - as well as providing IMHO unnecessary fodder for the development of conspiracy theories, as this whole thread illustrates perfectly, I think!

They want the copies of every page for a reason, we don't know what that reason is but for sure they're being stored in a computer somewhere forever.

Should you one day become a 'person of interest' for whatever reason then it will be available to whoever comes looking for it with a subpoena in hand.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1