Corrections Dept Told To Transfer Thaksin From Police Hospital To Army Barracks

webfact

5 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm ambivalent about the guy myself, having started working in Thailand after his tenure in power. 

But spending a few extra baht to make sure he doesn't get (for example) knifed in the shower is probably worth it, just to prevent the mayhem if that were to happen.

Same comment could be said re any prison inmate.

• Thanks 1

"Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin and Justice Minister Thavi Sodsong have remained tightlipped and sidestepped reporters’ questions about existing rules and regulations which may govern the future “detainment” of the de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict at large."

Convict at large .... no mincing of words here. 

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"......undergo a basic training course like soldiers."

Now that would be a sight to behold which ain't gonna happen - Thaksin running round a parade ground with a rucksack on his back!!! :smile:

As SMEDLEY said a few posts back, "he's supposed to be in JAIL". 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

Yep, personally I couldn't give a shi'ite but it's jaw dropping how gullible the authorities think the population is!

They must be gullible though.. And they will get away with this farce. and the people who do speak out will be silenced or ignored. Such is life in Thailand when dealing with the filthy rich. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Oh really? What would you call this? A minor skirmish? You either know nothing of Thai history or have a very short memory.

Red Shirt Protests 27.jpg

Red Shirt Protests 28.jpg

Red Shirt Protests 41.jpg

Tasha Photos 4.jpg

I persist, Songkran kills every year about four times more than any of these little skirmishes. While the Kmer Rouge killed over two million.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why should there be any more than have already been published?  He wouldn't be having photos taken detailing his stay in prison, either, if he was there.

That's true, I was more referring to someone surreptitiously snapping a photograph.

7 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

My sides are hurting with laughter having read this article basic army training do they think the Thai public are a bunch of idiots to believe this garbage

unfortunately it seems to be the case, because they silently accept that the law is different for some people ...

• Agree 1

Listen its a brilliant idea. Put Taksin in an army barracks and he now has a personal army surrounding him, keeping pesky reports away and upstart MFP MPs who want to see how ill he is, while he is able to hang out with Prayut - who also has a place in the army compound residences - and run the country efficiently together without distractions. Job done. 

When we were building Suwannabhumi airport, Thaksin would come out to check the progress of his pet project with 120 press and hangers on, he'd give a press conference and if he looked right, 120 press and hangers on would look in that direction, he'd take a step backwards and the 120 would take a step forward, it was a lesson in what robots they are!

Edited by 2baht
  • Agree 1

People forget he was ousted by a coup so any charges there after should be nullified. I am not a fan but having lived in Thailand when he was in power things were far better for foreigners and the GDP was 12~14%. The greatest crime it to take a country at the end of a gun and not one single general as corrupt as they are seeing a single day inside a prison cell. Even with the temple massacre blood on his hands.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, BritScot said:

The greatest crime it to take a country at the end of a gun and not one single general as corrupt as they are seeing

a single day inside a prison cell. Even with the temple massacre blood on his hands.

it appears that a deal was struck: thaksin receives a reduced "pretend to be sick and stay at the hospital" arrangement

in exchange for all generals and politicians involved in wrongdoing getting away with it ... win win situation for all of them!

just as a reminder: thaksin also wasn't one single day in a prison cell!

thaksin and the generals are the same ... no shame for betraying  the normal people!

• Agree 2

What I don"t really understand is why so many contributors to AN are so outraged that they feel the need to express their vitriolic opinions as if they are personally affected by what's happening. I mean, it's not as if there haven't been numerous examples of similar behaviour towards miscreants by previous administrations that received little or no publicity. 

Joe.

Edited by Shoeless Joe
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin who is largely believed to have more or less recovered from secrecy-shrouded “illnesses”

It is not secrecy. Every person in Thailand, including prisoners, has the right to confidentiality. Confidentiality means that that medical establiments and medical staff MUST NOT give any information about a patients condition unless expressly given permission by the patient or his legal representative. Any government official or person from the hospital giving this personal information to the general public is criminally liable. Back off everyone, his medical problems are not for publication. No one has any right to know. The physicians determined his need to be in hospital and that is all the information you can have.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I fail to understand why so many people are outraged by his proposed incarceration as a prisoner in an army camp. The army is his proven enemy, they ousted him in an illegal coup and hence more likely not to be influenced by his status or money. He is actually more likely to be treated as a prisoner and have a harder time than in the civilian jail where he may have sympathisers, there will also be people who can be easily bribed and he could collect a clique to support him which is highly unlikely in his enemy's domain.

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 6:07 PM, Shoeless Joe said:

What I don"t really understand is why so many contributors to AN are so outraged that they feel the need to express their vitriolic opinions as if they are personally affected by what's happening. I mean, it's not as if there haven't been numerous examples of similar behaviour towards miscreants by previous administrations that received little or no publicity. 

Joe.

taxsin puke thai crony... must be a relative of taxsin...

• Agree 1