Are there still travel health insurance requirements for the METV?

Friend who is in his 30s is planning to get a METV and use border runs and extensions to use it up to nine months. The initial permission of stay is two months when entering Thailand the first time.

1a) Does he need travel health insurance at all? Or was that only a Covid requirement that is now halted?

1b) If he must have travel health insurance, will it only be checked for coverage of those first 60 days, and then after that he could use the extensions and border runs to keep coming back and they wouldn't check the insurance again at each extension and at each border crossing? Or would the insurance have to cover all nine months to avoid being rejected for the extensions or being rejected from crossing back into Thailand?

Have been having difficulty finding current information about this.

1 hour ago, wml22 said:

Does he need travel health insurance at all? Or was that only a Covid requirement that is now halted?

As far as I'm aware, there is no requirement for insurance.

Thread with detailed report of obtaining METV (eVisa) in UK did not mention insurance 

Nope , did one last year. Covid insurance was gone and no other demand. That is why I went to Thailand again, it was not demanded any more.

Of course have my own insurance in my country, also working in Thailand. But it was first all about the covid insurance . 

• Like 1