Multiple entry visa based on Marriage to a Thai wife

I received a multiple entry visa in Savannakhet just about 3 months ago approximately.  My stamp expires this Sunday December 17th . If I go to my local immigration office not until Monday December 18th, will that be considered late, or ineligible for 60 day extension based on marriage? I have a bad case of food poisoning and would prefer to ride it out and just go on Monday. Thanks.

If feasible considering your health I would NOT recommend waiting till Dec 18th, as you would be on overstay by then, and without a statement from a doctor that you are unable to go, this might result in problems.

Hope you are somewhat better tomorrow Friday and are able to do it then on that last day.  Since your wife has to be with you when applying for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting her, she could already go today or latest tomorrow to the local Amphur to get the required Kor-Ror-2 (extract from the Thai national marriage register proving that you are STILL married), as I don't think you have to be with her to get hold of that document.  And with your original marriage certificate and that Kor-Ror-2 the application for the 60-day extension of stay the Friday-visit at the local Imm Office should be a quickie. 

• Thanks 1

On Monday I went to my local immigration office thinking I would get a 60 day extension. They told me no. Cannot. So on Tuesday I went to the Cambodian border and did an in and out. Paid 1000 Baht for overstaying for 2 days. Explained why I overstayed and the officers at the border were very friendly , and no hassle.

Merry Christmas !!!

• Like 1