Who remembers Mr Ed, F Troop, Daniel Boone, Batman, Get Smart and more ....

steven100

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Good memories. Lost In Space was my favourite.  Bubble headed booby. All except a couple of episodes - the one with the knight and the person dressed as a dragon was a shocker - were all good fun.

If you are a fan there is an excellent talk Johnathon Harris gave on Youtube when he toured with the robot to Australia in the 90's. It was huge in Australia. Amongst the kids. 

Adding to your list of others that were on:

The Patty Duke Show

I dream of Jeannie

My favourite martian

It's about time

I dream of Jeannie was quite funny .....    and My Favourite Martian was good.  

I think one of the earliest memories I have of watching TV as a child was the Daniel Boone western TV series with Fess Parker, which started in 1964 and ran thru 1970 on NBC. And had a catchy theme song as well, though this early version below isn't the one I remember from my "yooth"

This second, later version is the one I remember, starting at the 1:01 minute point:

"Daniel Boone was a man. Yes a BIG man..."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think one of the earliest memories I have of watching TV as a child was the Daniel Boone western TV series with Fess Parker, which started in 1964 and ran thru 1970 on NBC. And had a catchy theme song as well, though this early version below isn't the one I remember from my "yooth"

This second, later version is the one I remember, starting at the 1:01 minute point:

"Daniel Boone was a man. Yes a BIG man..."

yes,  that 1964 version was not the one I was use to watching ....    a bit later was better ....

this version ...

image.png.5ea5fea0ccf59e76c057fbc43b8d2aee.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember them all.

F Troop

Gilligans Island 

Bewitched (Loved Elizabeth Montgomery)

Lost in Space (a Favorite)

Original ST

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Hogans Hero's

And a jump into the 80's for a comedy which is still one of my all time belly laugh shows;

WKRP in Cincinnati 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Brittanica on U.S. television in the 1960s:

"Some of the best-remembered series in TV history were first aired in the 1960s. They established the reputation of the medium in the eyes of many, and, because they were on film rather than live, they would continue to be seen by successive generations in perpetual reruns. Unlike the dramatic anthologies of the 1950s, which are mostly unavailable to contemporary viewers, the long string of “classic” programs featuring not only genies and talking cars but millionaire hillbillies and talking dogs, island castaways and talking horses, Stone Age families and suburban witches continued to be frequently rerun into the 21st century. For many viewers these programs brought hours of escapist pleasure; to others they came to identify American TV as a cultural wasteland catering to the lowest common denominator of public taste."

https://www.britannica.com/art/television-in-the-United-States/Rural-humour

• Agree 1

Few of the shows of my youth, except for the original Star Trek, ended up being among the best TV series I've seen during my ensuing life...

IMHO, those included from an American's perspective, in no order of ranking:

--Hill Street Blues

--The Shield

--MASH

--Miami Vice

--The West Wing

--Brideshead Revisited (UK)

--Line of Duty (UK)

--Rumpole of the Bailey (UK)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Favs as a kid:
Flintstones
Thunderbirds
Stingray
Joe 90
Captain Scarlet (& the Mysterons)
Crackerjack

Remember going to the 'minors' cinema on a Saturday morning:
Casey Jones
The Lone Ranger
Wacky Races
Looney Tunes cartoons

I then got interested in girls so the TV got ditched! 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

the long string of “classic” programs featuring not only genies and talking cars but millionaire hillbillies and talking dogs, island castaways and talking horses, Stone Age families and suburban witches continued to be frequently rerun into the 21st century.

Of all the new shows of the 1965–66 season, perhaps Hogan’s Heroes (CBS, 1965–71) best exemplified the bizarre new direction TV entertainment was taking. Debuting in the top 10 of the Nielsen ratings, Hogan’s Heroes was a situation comedy set in a Nazi prison camp during World War II.

When Brittanica puts it like this above, it sounds pretty ridiculous... But hey, I was a very young kid back then...  :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Favs as a kid:
Flintstones
Thunderbirds
Stingray
Joe 90
Captain Scarlet (& the Mysterons)
Crackerjack

Remember going to the 'minors' cinema on a Saturday morning:
Casey Jones
The Lone Ranger
Wacky Races
Looney Tunes cartoons

I then got interested in girls so the TV got ditched! 

The Flintstones were excellent   !!     I loved that show every afternoon ...

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Some of the best-remembered series in TV history were first aired in the 1960s. They established the reputation of the medium in the eyes of many, and, because they were on film rather than live, they would continue to be seen by successive generations in perpetual reruns. Unlike the dramatic anthologies of the 1950s, which are mostly unavailable to contemporary viewers, the long string of “classic” programs featuring not only genies and talking cars but millionaire hillbillies and talking dogs, island castaways and talking horses, Stone Age families and suburban witches continued to be frequently rerun into the 21st century. For many viewers these programs brought hours of escapist pleasure; to others they came to identify American TV as a cultural wasteland catering to the lowest common denominator of public taste."

A talking horse that can use a telephone and speaks to the operator ......      haha 

what a good show that was ....       great comedy .. 

image.png.85e6b05086e2e29f059b52adf63ab8e9.png

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Do you remember this show  ....   ?

image.png.a983a1e08af603b381f1c813558b0b86.png

32 minutes ago, connda said:

Who remembers Mr Ed, F Troop, Daniel Boone, Batman, Get Smart and more ....

The same people who grew up with black and white TVs which still were running on vacuum-tube technology.
<raises hand>  :thumbsup:

Started out with B&W when I was just a wee nipper...and then transitioned to color as I was growing up.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Do you remember this show  ....   ?

image.png.a983a1e08af603b381f1c813558b0b86.png

Rural humour

The Andy Griffith Show

"The following week, on Oct. 3, 1960, The Andy Griffith Show (CBS, 1960–68) had its delayed premiere and was an immediate ratings success. During its entire run of eight seasons, the show ranked in the top 10 of the Nielsen ratings, leaving the air in 1968 as the highest-rated program on television. It also inspired two spin-offs, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (CBS, 1964–69) and Mayberry R.F.D. (CBS, 1968–71), both of which were also top-10 hits. The rural situation comedy had its foundation in a long American tradition of hayseed humour."

I was never much of a fan of the rural / hayseed humor shows....  But, I also grew up in city areas, not out in the sticks. No "awe shucks" folks around in my youth.

• Thumbs Up 1