Homosexual TV shows, movies

CanadaSam

I have nothing against gay characters but I do think that some TV shows tend to go overboard for the sake of political correctness. One example in particular is the new Perry Mason where Della Street has now become a lesbian. In the original she was Perry's assistant and also his mistress. That was an integral part of the series. Now she's his partner, the brains behind the firm, and openly gay in a series supposed to be set in the 1930's.

To make matters worse Hamilton Berger, the prosecutor and Perry's nemesis, is also gay. There's no logic to those changes and in my opinion the show shouldn't be called Perry Mason. Also, Paul Drake, the detective, is black and they throw an Asian character in there too somewhere just so every group is represented. The new Kung Fu also has the obligatory gay character (who naturally has a black lover) and his traditional Chinese family couldn't be happier.

By the way, I don't believe people are born gay. They're born polymorphously perverse, as Freud put it, and sexual orientation can be determined by the power of imprinting, which is affected by your personal experiences and the role models you're presented during your sexually formative years. In  some surveys these days, up to 40 percent of Generation Z members declare themselves non-heterosexual. I don't think their genes have changed that much.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

But as you say, media, movies and games do not change people. So, then you do not believe that violent games can alter peoples mind and get them to do violent acts? You do not believe that after watching something they really felt like living, there are people committing suicide? Also, you do not believe that other people can make another person do or make something that they do not want? Because of one thing can´t change people, than other things can´t either, right?

Ludicrous comparisons......you've been watching too much TV

I think what it can come down to is not whether a tv character is gay or straight or whatever, but whether, rightly or wrongly, you feel that it has been written in that way to give you a lesson or make you more inclusive, a good person, whatever. When you watch tv or a movie you want to feel you are being taken somewhere interesting - not lectured too, educated, made more progressive.  Now sometimes it may be imagined more than actual but in some shows it clearly is not.

Could have been said already. Haven't read the 6 pages. 

22 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Explain why you think you're important but people in minorities aren't? Is that not the very definition of bigotry?

I'll explain it. The producers of these shows/movies are twisting it around, to show that being a minority is more important and that being normal is a sin, something you need to make excuses for. A large number of contributors here are already apologizing for being straight.

... then, with the younger generations brainwashed by this twisted nonsense, minorities become the new normal. The damage in most Western nations is already past the point of no return as the fertility rate continues to plummet well below the replacement rate. The younger politically correct generations are the ones who are ultimately going to suffer from their "good deeds".

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think what it can come down to is not whether a tv character is gay or straight or whatever, but whether, rightly or wrongly, you feel that it has been written in that way to give you a lesson or make you more inclusive, a good person, whatever. When you watch tv or a movie you want to feel you are being taken somewhere interesting - not lectured too, educated, made more progressive.  Now sometimes it may be imagined more than actual but in some shows it clearly is not. 

Yes,  and I think it depends on the actual depiction of the character too. I don't particularly want to see Sherlock Holmes in S&M gear any more than I want to see him married off, as it just doesn't fit the character. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I'll explain it. The producers of these shows/movies are twisting it around, to show that being a minority is more important and that being normal is a sin, something you need to make excuses for. A large number of contributors here are already apologizing for being straight.

... then, with the younger generations brainwashed by this twisted nonsense, minorities become the new normal. The damage in most Western nations is already past the point of no return as the fertility rate continues to plummet well below the replacement rate. The younger politically correct generations are the ones who are ultimately going to suffer from their "good deeds".

I don't watch these shows, Jensen so can you suggest some examples to verify your claim? 

I think you mean birth rate not fertility rate. Can you provide data to prove your contention that it is this that's causing the decline in birthrate and not other social factors?

On 12/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, CanadaSam said:

I just don't get it.  When I was younger, there was never any type of gay sex or even kissing on TV, movies.

Now, it seems that almost every show has gay scenes, and I'm worried about the impact it has on youngsters.

It really seems like TV, movies make it look like it's perfectly normal, and I don't believe that it is!

I mean if everyone was gay, there would be no next generation of humans, right?

And when I was a kid, there was no depiction of men and women having sex on TV either. (Movies perhaps, but then as a kid I couldn't get in to watch that category of movies, of course).

Times change, social mores change.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I don't watch these shows, Jensen so can you suggest some examples to verify your claim? 

I think you mean birth rate not fertility rate. Can you provide data to prove your contention that it is this that's causing the decline in birthrate and not other social factors?

No Simpson, I meant fertility rate, which is the birth rate.

10 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No Simpson, I meant fertility rate, which is the birth rate.

"The Total Fertility Rate of a population is the average number of children that are born to a woman over her lifetime."

"The Birthrate  - the number of live births per thousand of population per year."

Not the same but I'm with you. So what's your answer to my questions?

Now, it seems that almost every show has gay scenes, and I'm worried about the impact it has on youngsters.

Interesting thought process there - reading between the lines it sounds as if you're concerned that seeing "gay scenes" could somehow cause young heterosexuals to become gay.

If so, do you also believe the opposite - that watching heterosexual sex scenes could make young gay people straight?

Or does it only go in one direction?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I just don't get it.  When I was younger, there was never any type of gay sex or even kissing on TV, movies.

It really seems like TV, movies make it look like it's perfectly normal, and I don't believe that it is!

I mean if everyone was gay, there would be no next generation of humans, right?

The world's turned into crap. They are trying to brainwash kids into this gay & ladyboy rubbish on tv. No wonder Thailand has so many gays and ladyboys.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

We are not all here for prostitutes,  you know.

Perhaps not in Thailand in general, but it would seem that a large portion of Aseannow can only relate to women in the context of a financial transaction. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

I have nothing against gay characters but I do think that some TV shows tend to go overboard for the sake of political correctness. One example in particular is the new Perry Mason where Della Street has now become a lesbian. In the original she was Perry's assistant and also his mistress. That was an integral part of the series. Now she's his partner, the brains behind the firm, and openly gay in a series supposed to be set in the 1930's.

To make matters worse Hamilton Berger, the prosecutor and Perry's nemesis, is also gay. There's no logic to those changes and in my opinion the show shouldn't be called Perry Mason. Also, Paul Drake, the detective, is black and they throw an Asian character in there too somewhere just so every group is represented. The new Kung Fu also has the obligatory gay character (who naturally has a black lover) and his traditional Chinese family couldn't be happier.

By the way, I don't believe people are born gay. They're born polymorphously perverse, as Freud put it, and sexual orientation can be determined by the power of imprinting, which is affected by your personal experiences and the role models you're presented during your sexually formative years. In  some surveys these days, up to 40 percent of Generation Z members declare themselves non-heterosexual. I don't think their genes have changed that much.

From your racism to your homophobia and your ridiculous assertions about environment, you are wrong in everything you say.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

These are the sort of “explanations “ that came out of 1930s Germany. Utterly repellant you are.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes it is.

Now, what's your opinion on advertising companies creating false representations of the 'average' British family, either by themselves or at the request of their clients?

Who really benefits from this social distortion?

It’s only social distortion in your distorted opinion. 

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

Explain why you think you're important but people in minorities aren't? Is that not the very definition of bigotry?

Let's say there are 100 people in a restaurant. 90 "normal" and 10 from the LBGTB+/- whatever community. 

As far as I am concerned all should be treated equal.

And equal means equal, not a special "we are inclusive" treatment or rainbow colored toast or whatever. 

rainbow-toast.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

From your racism to your homophobia and your ridiculous assertions about environment, you are wrong in everything you say.

Just an ad hominem attack with nothing to back it.  Htysterical, unreasoned, and addressing none of the points that I made. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

Just an ad hominem attack with nothing to back it.  Htysterical, unreasoned, and addressing none of the points that I made. 

My comment addressed everything, the fact that you resorted to classic deflection says it all. I wasn’t attacking you, I was merely stating what I see, and it ain’t pretty.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

These are the sort of “explanations “ that came out of 1930s Germany. Utterly repellant you are.

And your reply is utterly repellant too. Bringing up 1930s Germany is pathetic. You're on ignore, and hopefully, you'll do the same.

3 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

"The Total Fertility Rate of a population is the average number of children that are born to a woman over her lifetime."

"The Birthrate  - the number of live births per thousand of population per year."

Not the same but I'm with you. So what's your answer to my questions?

Yes, Simpson, Fertility rate or Total fertility rate is what I meant. You know how to Google.

You can continue with Google to answer your questions. You take these conversations too seriously and I'm not here to educate you.