Homosexual TV shows, movies

CanadaSam

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think men like to have indiscriminate sex, and once the stigma or homosexual is removes and as it is promoted on TV and what not you have more of it. Once being gay or trans or whatnot becomes cool, kids want to be gay or trans or whatnot. 

Interesting. And what evidence do you have of this?

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

That kids want to be gay or trans because it's cool rather than them better understanding their sexual orientation or identity. 

Do you have any evidence of that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I think men like to have indiscriminate sex, and once the stigma or homosexual is removes and as it is promoted on TV and what not you have more of it. Once being gay or trans or whatnot becomes cool, kids want to be gay or trans or whatnot. 

Besides that LGBT on TV is portrayed, not "promoted", just like how showing hetero relationships or whatnut are simply portrayals, not promotions of the hetero hegemony, to say "kids want to be gay or trans" because it has become "cool" is as moronic a statement as saying: Now that it is more acceptable to be more open and honest about your own sexuality, what a perfect time to closet your real heterosexuality and fake being gay. Your totally twisted in a knot premise is that more people are lying about themselves because there is more opportunity to be honest about themselves. Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, thaicurious said:

Besides that LGBT on TV is portrayed, not "promoted", just like how showing hetero relationships or whatnut are simply portrayals, not promotions of the hetero hegemony, to say "kids want to be gay or trans" because it has become "cool" is as moronic a statement as saying: Now that it is more acceptable to be more open and honest about your own sexuality, what a perfect time to closet your real heterosexuality and fake being gay. Your totally twisted in a knot premise is that more people are lying about themselves because there is more opportunity to be honest about themselves. Good luck with that.

When you "portray" one and being cool, and one as not being cool, are you not promoting one over the other? 

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When you "portray" one and being cool, and one as not being cool, are you not promoting one over the other? 

It's just weird that you think that showing that it's o.k. to be gay is promoting that people should be gay. Sexuality doesn't work like that.

If someone is straight and they decide they want to be gay it's just pretending, they're still not gay. Only a fool would think otherwise. Same the other way around. If a gay person decides they'd rather be straight they're just deluding themselves. That's the problem with gay conversion therapy, it doesn't work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Tell us again how it is that you perversely want people to think that an atmosphere of acceptance of human nature causes people to lie about their sexuality when their sexuality causes them pleasure while causing no harm to others. Jealous? Unable to enjoy your own sexual self similarly in your own fashion without harming others? I ask because something must be driving your wrong thinking. So tell us from where does your twisted logic arise?

Paint us a portrait of yourself and I assure you that gay community will gladly let you know if we think that's not cool.

Apologies if this point has already been made, but there are a lot of young people out there struggling to come to terms with their sexuality and gender. It helps to see gay and trans people portrayed in normal situations so they can see it's a viable lifestyle choice.

If I'm being honest I feel uncomfortable watching movies and TV shows with men kissing, probably like a lot of men of my generation, but that's down to the time and place of my upbringing. 

On 1/4/2024 at 12:53 PM, thaicurious said:

Tell us again how it is that you perversely want people to think that an atmosphere of acceptance of human nature causes people to lie about their sexuality when their sexuality causes them pleasure while causing no harm to others. Jealous? Unable to enjoy your own sexual self similarly in your own fashion without harming others? I ask because something must be driving your wrong thinking. So tell us from where does your twisted logic arise?

Paint us a portrait of yourself and I assure you that gay community will gladly let you know if we think that's not cool.

I could give a sh*t less what the "gay community" thinks is or is not cool. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So predictable!

I agree totally with @Yellowtail on this!

Of course you do.

Imagine this.

A topic about too many blacks on tv started by a member hostile to that representation in media.

Then a later post saying I don't care what blacks think.

What is that if not hostility?

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course you do.

Imagine this.

A topic about too many blacks on tv started by a member hostile to that representation in media.

What has the colour of a poster got to do with this?

How many people refer to their colour on here WRT to let us say TV programmes they watch?

I suspect either none or very very few!

How many straight people refer to the fact they are straight when referring to TV non gay TV  programmes they watch start off by referring to themselves as straight?

How many straight people refer to the fact they are straight WRT any NON gay people.  

Please just keep your gayness to your self and leave the rest of us in peace!

I do not care what anyone's sexuality is!  Just keep it to yourself(s)!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

What has the colour of a poster got to do with this?

How many people refer to their colour on here WRT to let us say TV programmes they watch?

I suspect either none or very very few!

How many straight people refer to the fact they are straight when referring to TV non gay TV  programmes they watch start off by referring to themselves as straight?

How many straight people refer to the fact they are straight WRT any NON gay people.  

Please just keep your gayness to your self and leave the rest of us in peace!

I do not care what anyone's sexuality is!  Just keep it to yourself(s)!

Your reply has nothing to do with the post you were replying to.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your reply has nothing to do with the post you were replying to.

It most certainly has!

It was your post and I have responded. 

Your turn for a proper answer! (If you have one!)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No point as your reply before had nothing to do with what I posted.

So are you refusing to answer questions that were made in direct response to your post?

The questions were;

"What has the colour of a poster got to do with this?

How many people refer to their colour on here WRT to let us say TV programmes they watch?"

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So are you refusing to answer questions that were made in direct response to your post?

The questions were;

How many people refer to their colour on here WRT to let us say TV programmes they watch?"

I never mentioned the color of a poster.

17 hours ago, cavallerio said:

Apologies if this point has already been made, but there are a lot of young people out there struggling to come to terms with their sexuality and gender. It helps to see gay and trans people portrayed in normal situations so they can see it's a viable lifestyle choice.

If I'm being honest I feel uncomfortable watching movies and TV shows with men kissing, probably like a lot of men of my generation, but that's down to the time and place of my upbringing. 

Well said cavallerio, but being gay isn't a lifestyle choice, it's a sexual orientation, like being straight.

And, to be honest I too feel pretty uncomfortable with overt displays of desire in film and on t.v., but after 60 odd years of watching straight snogging on screen I've become rather inured to it.

Edited by Baht Simpson

9 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Well said cavallerio, but being gay isn't a lifestyle choice, it's a sexual orientation, like being straight.

And, to be honest I too feel pretty uncomfortable with overt displays of desire in film and on t.v., but after 60 odd years of watching straight snogging on screen I've become rather inured to it.

I haven't.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course you do.

Imagine this.

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I never mentioned the color of a poster.

Oh yes you did!

Not of a specific poster but the colour of people in general you did do so!

I have highlighted the particular piece about colour above in your post/quote!

Now please respond with proper answers to my questions!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Oh yes you did!

Not of a specific poster but the colour of people in general you did do so!

I have highlighted the particular piece about colour above in your post/quote!

Now please respond with proper answers to my questions!

No I didn't. READ AGAIN. 

It was about representation of minority groups in media.

You totally missed my point, I reckon intentionally, and if you're looking for a baiting target, you're barking up the wrong tree. Move on. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No I didn't. READ AGAIN. 

You totally missed my point, I reckon intentionally, and if you're looking for a baiting target, you're barking up the wrong tree. Move on. 

If the representation of different groups in media has no effect on anyone's thinking, what difference does it make what groups are on TV and how they are portrayed? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No I didn't. READ AGAIN. 

There is no point in discussing anything with someone like you who denies they have made a post even when it has been quoted back to them!

There is obviously no point in taking any notice what soever of any of your posts if you cannot accept you have even made them!

I take it for granted that you will not now or at any time answer my two questions which were;

10 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

There is no point in discussing anything with someone like you who denies they have made a post even when it has been quoted back to them!

There is obviously no point in taking any notice what soever of any of your posts if you cannot accept you have even made them!

I take it for granted that you will not now or at any time answer my two questions which were;

I made a post.

It didn't say what you say it said.

You intentionally distorted the meaning.

THAT IS SLEAZY.

• Sad 1