Embrace life now we are old

georgegeorgia

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

<snip>

I was asked to leave 

I don't think I'd have waited to be asked....

In the words of Groucho Marx   "I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I had the music changed.

There was approximately about 15 of us "Senior citizens" sitting in this community hall , 

Sunny morning they are sitting around drinking tea and playing board games 

The music playing was.   Wait for it.....Bing Crosby!

Now that's my parents generation music 

I quickly went over to the young girl behind the music desk,she is a volunteer student DJ who helps at the Senior citizens centre hall one day a week 

I said how about some AC/DC love?

I was astonished even at her age 20ish she had no idea who AC/DC was?

She said oh the mature aged ,yes matured aged people she said they  prefer Bing Crosby ,I said that's our parents generation not ours !

She looked up ACDC  to play " I'm on the highway to hell .da da ...highway to hell !!! Pumped into up !

The team leader a baldy headed chubby old guy came running over , " turn that music off ,it could scare people here !

Another seated nearby covered her ears with both hands with a painful expression , " oh  I'm nearly 70 she shouts 

I was asked to leave 

You trying to fly over the cuckoo's nest or what?

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They do where I live. I was going to join to meet some people my own age, but I'm too busy doing other stuff.

Actually, in between life's little crises I've got more to do than I have life left to do them. I used to be stressed about not sorting them before I passed over, but then I realised that after I've gone they will just throw everything in a skip, so whats the point anyway.

All my treasures are other's rubbish.

My two Sons did not have places of their own so upon retirement I had them go through the house to take what they wished. I did reserve some small items as remembrances of my life. They too have been sent back to them after a decade of retirement in Thailand. Agree with you, only those who have shared our experiences share the memories. After we are gone, those collected trinkets mean nothing to others unless they symbolize a common memory. Now I have only small things of interest to me collected here in Asia. After I pass over, my Sons inherit the retirement funds in the USA. My Thai Wife and Stepdaughter have only the house, car, motorbike, furniture and what remains in the Thai bank accounts (not that much as much was put as a down payment, etc.

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well now I'm considered a "Senior Citizen"

No you are not considered anything of the sort!  You are considered a liability and in need of professional help, and your bank account should be frozen in line with international  anti terrorism legislation.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_patrol_incidents_in_London

A big "well done" to  Georgina, a gift that keeps on giving,  and living proof, (if that's the right words) that a fool and his money are easily parted.  but congratulations to him on making one of the most ridiculous and quite frankly sickening posts that I have ever read.  

The above link, shows that  this disgusting group of savages were stopped in their tracks 10 years ago, so I have no idea who he is sending  money to , and neither does he !  He's been taken for the dementia fuddled fool he is

Regardless of the fact that this group of idiots no longer exists, he should be arrested for  attempting to support a terrorist organisation, because  wherever his money actually ended up , that was his intent, absolutely  vomit inducing behaviour.

His money has probably ended up rotting away in some disused bank account somewhere in the ethernet, but just incase it has ended up anywhere near its intended destination I hope he is proud to be furthering their Homophobic , Anti-Semitic , and Misogynistic  agenda Its one thing to have blood on his hands but when some of that blood originates from the mutilated genitals of innocent young girls I personally find it (and him) particularly nauseating

If he wants to live under a barbaric medieval regime he should go and live in Iran , he won't last long, especially if he tries to listen to  AC/DC (if he even really knows who they are)  and  If he ever attempts to enter the UK  he should be arrested on sight

If there is any such thing as Karma, then for sure there is a special place in hell waiting for him

Sad that you are Islamophobic, and hateful because of a person's religious beliefs.

I once met a ex British soldier  who served time in  Northern Ireland,he went on to become a Belfast police officer ,he too went on about how another religion (Catholic)was a terrorist organisation and similar words to yours to describe them , very sad .

All the same words to describe the residents of these areas as yours about Islam.

Now the stories he told me about the terrorist organisation would put your beliefs about Islam to shame .

Very very sad to carry that hate 

I hope you can seek counselling for your vomiting  you say you have when you think of people with those religious views , obviously your ok with other religions though 

I have decided to block you 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You just do not find that in the US, where most seem bitter, disenchanted, unfulfilled, and heavy hearted. 

If I lived in the US I'd be like that. I don't live in the US and I'm like that. IMO western countries have gone woke, PC and not nice to live in.

Unless rich life sucks and there are criminals everywhere that can get away with it because the law is rubbish and the cops can't do their job. Can't smack your own children, but they just can't stop bad people beating small kids to death or teenagers ramraiding.

Worst thing happened to me in the last 40 years was having to go back to live in a western country with no escape. LOS rocks.

• Agree 1

Topic is now closed as the discussion of Australia introducing Sharia law is not related to:

ASEAN NOW Community Pub

Thailand is legendary for its entertainment, both traditional and modern. Discuss night life, restaurants, bars, music, movies, concerts, expat life, fun, or just a chat about anything not covered by other sub-forums.

//Closed//