Canadian man and Thai woman murdered in Khon Kaen

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

couldn't tolerate the noisy gatherings of his Thai wife's friends and the Canadian neighbor

Noise can get in some alcoholics nerves (especially if something piled up during time)and) if they have criminal background (even though not mentioned here) it will pop someday in terrible way.  The best is not giving a reason to this type. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, Caucasians and Indians don't have this gene variant, Thais and Japanese people do.

Don’t think it’s a gene .. but basically the individual. Some individuals are just brought up differently n violently. Sad but upbringing is still the cause. 

• Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

Two people dead over nothing. Hope justice prevails. RIP

Again. And again. And again. It's their culture, but mostly they just kill themselves. Sometimes though 'guests' to the country get caught in the crossfire. It was like this a couple of hundred years ago in the American wild west, wasn't it, people being killed over nothing? Thailand culture is still living those times. Maybe the USA wasn't the best comparison though, because the killing there continues unabated.

23 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I have my doubts that fear of punishment will have much deterrent effect with homicidal drunks.

I may be wrong but I don't think such people do a risk/reward or cost/benefit analysis before committing a murder.

Does a guy like this noodle shop owner say to himself "I have a very strong urge to stab these two. But let me think, what will be the consequences for me if I give in to that urge?".

I don't think execution is too severe a punishment, but I don't think it will act as a deterrent for other killers.

Of course execution is not too severe. 2 people dead here. The murderer should be dead already!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

More great news for the Chinese tourists - NOT.  Are the Thailand authorities 'listening' - this is just one of the many many things that Thailand needs to address STRONGLY. Trial and execution within 2-3 months - that is about the only thing that will stop others doing the same thing when they get angry.  Drunks killing people, military/police nutters killing people/babies, boats killing people, women being raped and killed, people being killed in Malls, etc etc etc. All the positive PR and Rhetoric in the world is not going to work (anymore). Yes it happens elsewhere too - but not every day - day after day after day. Media story today about 7 Police arrested for corruption and another charged with rape. On and on and on it goes. And it is more and more impossible to 'cover it up' and just keep smiling.  The problems Thailand has are all post-covid - all the other local countries (except Myanmar) are going better - economically and socially. Yes economic growth and properity will solve a lot of the problems - but it is not coming quick enough - a lot of Thais are seriously struggling. 

a little money to smooth things over and all will be well again. Relax ok. This is still the same Thailand it was years ago. Just more of it is in the news now.. Eventually Thailand will put an end to Facebook and livestream media without censorship and then all will be well again even more so. 

I do agree with one OP that a Thai person doing something bad is downplayed whereas the foreigner doing the same is exaggerated. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

It’s only 2023 not 2024 RIP to the deceased this is a big problem in Thailand with Thai men being very violent when they have consumed alcohol no doubt the cheap Thai whiskey is to be blamed for his actions  problem is in 5 years time the murderer will be released from prison as taking a life is meaningless in Thailand 

Nonsense!!! Just READ THE NEWS of almost any country and you will find that this problem occurs in ALL countries where drinking alcohol is allowed.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I stay away from Thais once they start drinking, even if they are good neighbours

I give people a bit more slack than just starting to drink alcohol. Nothing wrong with a beer or glass of wine. But, I do stay away from ANYBODY, not just Thais, once they've had 2 drinks and go on to a third. No need to drink more. Two drinks and on to a third is enough to have them on their way. Drunk people are useless or worse, why stick around?

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1