Canadian man and Thai woman murdered in Khon Kaen

webfact

14 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

You don't have to enter the noodle shop.  Just trigger the cutscene and save the game.  When you reload it the mission will start at the car chase.

Have you been on the mulled wine early?

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

The man probably consumed a LOT of alcohol to go on a rampage like this.. in any case, this is a terrible way to lose a life

like this...

It's irrelevant how much alcohol he consumed. Too easy a copout and an excuse, I was drunk and can't remember, I took drugs and can't remember, I was depressed etc.

Normal human beings just do not behave in this way.

The biggest shame of it all is, even if he gets twenty years, life in a Thai prison is no hardship for these people.

The way they live outside is exactly the same as the way they live in jail, except no water or electric bills or fuel for the motorbike to worry about.

They sleep on the floor, get meals provided, told when to shower, when to sleep and get up, watch TV early evening with stupid Thai soap operas, and don't have to do anything to help themselves.

The best part for them is they don't have the slightest bit of responsibility, which suits them.

SCUM, people like this noodle seller.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It amaze me every time, that it seems like Thai people can suddenly just go kill, and there is always an excuse. He didn´t tolerate high volume or he had been drinking. I don´t get the urge to kill when I am drunk. It doesn´t matter how drunk I am, which I assume goes for most persons. Here it seems like a normal thing for Thais, and we never read anything about that they might be, or is, mentally disturbed or have mental issues. However, as soon as a foreigner walks around a little bit angry and screaming in a street, then there are big reports about how disturbed that person is. For Thais that kill, they are just described to be in a fit of rage or as it would be an effect of drinking or taking other substances.

As an example we have the text above. It should be: A crazy noodle shop owner with psychopathic behavior took a knife and deliberately killed a Thai woman and a Canadian man.

Definanetly looks like an underlying mental issue, mental health is in denial amongst Thais, go stay at the temple for a few months and your better 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Of course execution is not too severe. 2 people dead here. The murderer should be dead already!

You missed the point of my post.

It was concerned with lack of deterrent effect of execution.

Can't fathom what was the point of your post.

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

It's irrelevant how much alcohol he consumed. Too easy a copout and an excuse, I was drunk and can't remember, I took drugs and can't remember, I was depressed etc.

Normal human beings just do not behave in this way.

The biggest shame of it all is, even if he gets twenty years, life in a Thai prison is no hardship for these people.

The way they live outside is exactly the same as the way they live in jail, except no water or electric bills or fuel for the motorbike to worry about.

They sleep on the floor, get meals provided, told when to shower, when to sleep and get up, watch TV early evening with stupid Thai soap operas, and don't have to do anything to help themselves.

The best part for them is they don't have the slightest bit of responsibility, which suits them.

SCUM, people like this noodle seller.

Oh. There are Westerners etc who are not SCUM?

Racist maybe?🙃🙃

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Racist maybe?🙃🙃

12 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Racist maybe?🙃🙃

What an ill thought out, stupid knee-jerk response.

We are talking about a specific crime here that occurred in the province next to the one I live in. No more, no less.

What's the crime committed by a Westerner? , No!!

Was it an unprovoked double murder committed by a disgruntled Thai noodle seller, to which my comment was applied, yes!

So, what are you talking about?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

What an ill thought out, stupid knee-jerk response.

We are talking about a specific crime here that occurred in the province next to the one I live in. No more, no less.

What's the crime committed by a Westerner? , No!!

Was it an unprovoked double murder committed by a disgruntled Thai noodle seller, to which my comment was applied, yes!

So, what are you talking about?

Sprinkled "Angries" on your weeties again eh?

Have a nice day.🙃🙃

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:31 AM, webfact said:

The assailant, disgruntled after quitting his job, couldn't tolerate the noisy gatherings of his Thai wife's friends and the Canadian neighbor.

So was his Thai wife in a relationship with the Canadian guy??? Was she even there at the gathering??? Is the dead woman his wife?....all very odd.

17 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I will never understand why some foreigners choose to live in Thai villages with zero security. Almost every time you hear about a neighbor going stabby or a foreigner getting robbed it's at some village out in nowhereville. I'm sure it did happen.. sometime.. but I can't recall hearing about someone getting randomly stabbed by their neighbor in a condo. Better security, actual security guards (when they're not asleep), and less easy access (if you don't open the door nothing will happen).

For those of you who live in villages/houses - do you actually feel safe??

Yes. I do.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another (at least the second in as many months) of a murder/s caused by a noise complaint that the police should've mitigated before it escalated out of control.  Money is tight, times are hard, tempers are easily flared when a man can't rest peacefully in his own home.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2023 at 12:53 PM, cdemundo said:

I have my doubts that fear of punishment will have much deterrent effect with homicidal drunks.

I may be wrong but I don't think such people do a risk/reward or cost/benefit analysis before committing a murder.

Does a guy like this noodle shop owner say to himself "I have a very strong urge to stab these two. But let me think, what will be the consequences for me if I give in to that urge?".  I don't think execution is too severe a punishment, but I don't think it will act as a deterrent for other killers.

I hear you, but it does not always work that way. A person 'knows' something and it is ingrained, and that internal feeling can stop them doing certain things, sometimes.  The reason so few people in Aust drive when they have had too much to drink, is not because they are a good person as such - it is because they 'know' that the punishment is extremely severe. The thing is that it is over time that the extreme punishments being handed out become the 'lesson' and it is learned and it becomes ingrained.  Yes - some will still do it - but over time, less and less do it.  The reason so many Thais do not wear a helmet is because they know there will be no 'punishment'.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thesetat said:

a little money to smooth things over and all will be well again. Relax ok. This is still the same Thailand it was years ago. Just more of it is in the news now.. Eventually Thailand will put an end to Facebook and livestream media without censorship and then all will be well again even more so. 

I do agree with one OP that a Thai person doing something bad is downplayed whereas the foreigner doing the same is exaggerated. 

I thought Thailand would become less like China once the Junta was bid a not so fond farewell. 

18 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Has it not crossed your mnd that there are other reasons why the Chinese do not come to Thailand?

Ie

The food served to them is Chinese, sometimes lower quality than home.

They stay at Chinese Hotels

The transport is Chinese operated

Everything they do is Chinese managed

They are herded around by Chinese touts

They think Thailand is dangerous!

They might as well stay in China!

So now Thailand thinks the rich Russians, Taiwanese and Indians are here!

Those Chinese big group tours are becomming less - more of the Chinese tourists are small groups and families and couples. 

Chinese tourists seek less trodden path as overseas travellers decline, become choosier post-Covid | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

Perhaps in the future the 'poorer' Ciniese tourists will start travelling in those 'bargain basement' large groups - but lets hope not.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I accept everything the poster is saying, but the other side is I feel safe walking around Bangkok and Pattaya, never had a problem in 17 years, though it has to be said that I was never out after 11pm or frequenting bars, I could never feel safe in any UK city after dark the way I do in Thailand.

I agree - she provoked this deliberately - even though it is true - a young single female should not go there late at night/early morning. But the never ending 'bad news' stories about Thailand just keep coming - and trying to shut this down like China or Nth Korea is not the answer. 

Yes - Thailand is extremely safe in that regards, when compared to many other countries. There are places normal people will not go in their own western countries, especially at night. The same thing applies in certain parts of Bangkok and Pattaya and Patong etc.  Certainly not safer on the Thai roads though   

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Are you suffering from an irony deficiency?

Dont tell me you are one of those who believe it wasnt his fault it was the drink that made him do it are you? If you are I suggest you vacate your bar stool for a short while and see what is actually happening everywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes. When there is overwhelming evidence of guilt such as in this case. IMO there are no 'mitigating circumstances' for killing people in that manner.  

Probably you are number one to do the execution? With a machete or axe? Thirsty for blood shed? 

I call it pathetic and inhuman.

But sure some behave like animals.

Merry Christmas, probably means nothing to you.🧑‍🎄

I'll pray for you

• Agree 1

THAI ROTI SELLER KILLS CANADIAN MAN AND WIFE AFTER BEING INSULTED

KHON KAEN – Police in Khon Kaen, Thailand, have arrested a Thai roti seller for stabbing a Canadian man and his Thai wife to death after being insulted with the term: “_UCK YOU”

Full Story:

Thai Roti Seller Kills Canadian Man and Wife After Being Insulted (khaosodenglish.com)

On 12/15/2023 at 3:19 AM, Gottfrid said:

It amaze me every time, that it seems like Thai people can suddenly just go kill, and there is always an excuse. He didn´t tolerate high volume or he had been drinking. I don´t get the urge to kill when I am drunk. It doesn´t matter how drunk I am, which I assume goes for most persons. Here it seems like a normal thing for Thais, and we never read anything about that they might be, or is, mentally disturbed or have mental issues. However, as soon as a foreigner walks around a little bit angry and screaming in a street, then there are big reports about how disturbed that person is. For Thais that kill, they are just described to be in a fit of rage or as it would be an effect of drinking or taking other substances.

As an example we have the text above. It should be: A crazy noodle shop owner with psychopathic behavior took a knife and deliberately killed a Thai woman and a Canadian man.

If course this would not have happened if the farang had not arrived and made the tensions rise.... Bruh. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

THAI ROTI SELLER KILLS CANADIAN MAN AND WIFE AFTER BEING INSULTED

KHON KAEN – Police in Khon Kaen, Thailand, have arrested a Thai roti seller for stabbing a Canadian man and his Thai wife to death after being insulted with the term: “_UCK YOU”

Full Story:

Thai Roti Seller Kills Canadian Man and Wife After Being Insulted (khaosodenglish.com)

Sounds like nonsense he made up…

14 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Probably you are number one to do the execution? With a machete or axe? Thirsty for blood shed? 

I'll pray for you

Haha. 

Are you a Christian? Re read your holy book and see all the bloodshed in your religeon. 

You do realise that your God is happy to send people to hell to be tortured for all eternity just for being a different religion or a non believer right? 

Also your religion was the reason for torture   genocide, human trafficking and hate crimes, in the name of your god...and in many ways still is. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/16/2023 at 2:48 PM, newbee2022 said:

I'll pray for you

Dont waste your breath - He does not listen to woke progressives. Have you read the Bible or Koran?