Canadian man and Thai woman murdered in Khon Kaen

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Tensions escalated between him and the victims when the Thai woman's foreign friend visited, leading to a fatal confrontation.

Doesn't make it right but was this a common occurrence loud parties at the house or a one off? just asking?  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Docno said:

And no-one mentions the possible meaning and implications of the Thai wife having a male 'foreign friend' who visits her? Even if nothing is going on, he will certainly be regarded as a threat to a drunken Thai man ... some chance that the Canadian lives in a nicer house, maybe has a car, etc etc. Wouldn't take much in addition to alcohol to push that situation over the edge

I can concur. I have been in a similar situation where I was chatting in English with a Lao woman, who was hosting a party. Her husband who was piss drunk became increasingly jealous and agitated since he didn't understand English and started shouting at his wife. When he left, after being dismissed by his wife, the people at the party told me leave now. So I ran for my car and left. Not a moment to soon because he came out with a big knife. Mind you, I was just visiting together with my gf who was sitting next to me the whole time and the wife was her friend.  Crazy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Deerculler said:

It was a tragedy.

I don't normally read comments on here..

The derogatory remarks about Thailand and Thai people make me sick.

If you don't like it here. 

Go back to where you come from.

If they will have you. No

The go home post.

So cool. :bah:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Khun Roberto said:

"marked by stab injuries to her neck, head, and torso in proximity to the entrance."

What part of the torso is in proximity to the entrance?

You need to read the sentence in its entirety, to get the proper sense of what is meant here. 

If you take the whole thing, it's clear that it's talking about the fact that her body was found, "Within the premises, [...] in proximity to the entrance."

I will never understand why some foreigners choose to live in Thai villages with zero security. Almost every time you hear about a neighbor going stabby or a foreigner getting robbed it's at some village out in nowhereville. I'm sure it did happen.. sometime.. but I can't recall hearing about someone getting randomly stabbed by their neighbor in a condo. Better security, actual security guards (when they're not asleep), and less easy access (if you don't open the door nothing will happen).

For those of you who live in villages/houses - do you actually feel safe??

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

More great news for the Chinese tourists - NOT.  Are the Thailand authorities 'listening' - this is just one of the many many things that Thailand needs to address STRONGLY. Trial and execution within 2-3 months - that is about the only thing that will stop others doing the same thing when they get angry.  Drunks killing people, military/police nutters killing people/babies, boats killing people, women being raped and killed, people being killed in Malls, etc etc etc. All the positive PR and Rhetoric in the world is not going to work (anymore). Yes it happens elsewhere too - but not every day - day after day after day. Media story today about 7 Police arrested for corruption and another charged with rape. On and on and on it goes. And it is more and more impossible to 'cover it up' and just keep smiling.  The problems Thailand has are all post-covid - all the other local countries (except Myanmar) are going better - economically and socially. Yes economic growth and properity will solve a lot of the problems - but it is not coming quick enough - a lot of Thais are seriously struggling. 

Has it not crossed your mnd that there are other reasons why the Chinese do not come to Thailand?

Ie

The food served to them is Chinese, sometimes lower quality than home.

They stay at Chinese Hotels

The transport is Chinese operated

Everything they do is Chinese managed

They are herded around by Chinese touts

They think Thailand is dangerous!

They might as well stay in China!

So now Thailand thinks the rich Russians, Taiwanese and Indians are here!

9 minutes ago, MamaT215 said:

The Canadian man was her husband. My husbands best friend. He had been living there for a year, and they just married. He was loving his new life and his wife, and did not deserve to die. Media and the killer have made three different stories out of this tragedy. The truth will never be known as to why. 
RIP Shane Micheal Nixon

Thank you for the update. 

1 hour ago, MamaT215 said:

The Canadian man was her husband. My husbands best friend. He had been living there for a year, and they just married. He was loving his new life and his wife, and did not deserve to die. Media and the killer have made three different stories out of this tragedy. The truth will never be known as to why. 
RIP Shane Micheal Nixon

My condolences to you, and your husband over the loss of two friends.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Deerculler said:

It was a tragedy.

I love living in Thailand, anything I post is the truth and nothing but the truth 

6 hours ago, Deerculler said:

It was a tragedy.

They are racists, pure and simple. They don't try to integrate into society, learn the language etc.

I lived in Khon Kaen for almost 20 years and most of the expat I spoke to there couldn't even say Khon Kaen!

Also, in those 20 years I saw few drunk or agressive people, whereas in Leith it was a daily occurence.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Has it not crossed your mnd that there are other reasons why the Chinese do not come to Thailand?

Ie

The food served to them is Chinese, sometimes lower quality than home.

They stay at Chinese Hotels

The transport is Chinese operated

Everything they do is Chinese managed

They are herded around by Chinese touts

They think Thailand is dangerous!

They might as well stay in China!

So now Thailand thinks the rich Russians, Taiwanese and Indians are here!

Someone else that has stumbled in to the wrong thread.

Have some respect for the people who have passed away and their grieving families.