Update my solar set

Thanks to the members here I've had a small solar set up running for the last year.

I have two systems. Each system consists of 3 of 340w panels wired parallel to an on grid souer inverter.

Now the spinning disc meter is to be changed to a digital meter off his week.

I understand I need to change to a hybrid inverter but certainly don't want to export any electric back into the grid. Also I don't want to start buying batteries.

I do have 2 electric cars that maybe I could change any excess energy.

I looked at Lazada but need a little help in choosing an inverter.

Also any recommendations should I change my setup. I have space for may another 3 solar panels.

Thanks

I wouldn't change to a Hybrid inverter.  Does your Souer inverter have a CT coil to place around a wire to prevent feedback to the grid?

If not i would look for a 3kw Grid-Tied inverter with CT coil.  My friends and I between us have installed 8 of MUST inverters and they work great.  With a 3Kw inverter you could add another 3 solar panels.

Post the Voc of your panels and Vmax of your inverter for more detailed advice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zoolander said:

I do have 2 electric cars that maybe I could change any excess energy.

Like yourself I have 2 electric cars, prior to getting my second I was producing more power than I could use and as my hybrid off-grid inverters could not export so power was being curtailed.

SolarProduction2.jpeg.6966ca7a62f7fc1a30b8cd4129ce81e2.jpeg

Now I am finding that I run my house batteries down sometimes so I plan to do a system tweek that I will post about later. My BYD Seal has V2L so I am using it as backup power via my inverter.

I have 3 Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverters. My original solar system is a stand alone backup system which now redundant due to the V2L. I plan to give my old inverter to a mate and buy a 4th Growatt, that will give more peak load power.

20220724_002237940_iOS.thumb.jpeg.9b3f2c3c63c42525a8152f8e0feffcf8.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I wouldn't change to a Hybrid inverter.  Does your Souer inverter have a CT coil to place around a wire to prevent feedback to the grid?

If not i would look for a 3kw Grid-Tied inverter with CT coil.  My friends and I between us have installed 8 of MUST inverters and they work great.  With a 3Kw inverter you could add another 3 solar panels.

Post the Voc of your panels and Vmax of your inverter for more detailed advice.

cheers I think I will go with this as I really don't want to go buying batteries

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

Like yourself I have 2 electric cars, prior to getting my second I was producing more power than I could use and as my hybrid off-grid inverters could not export so power was being curtailed.

Now I am finding that I run my house batteries down sometimes so I plan to do a system tweek that I will post about later. My BYD Seal has V2L so I am using it as backup power via my inverter.

I have 3 Growatt SPF 5000 ES inverters. My original solar system is a stand alone backup system which now redundant due to the V2L. I plan to give my old inverter to a mate and buy a 4th Growatt, that will give more peak load power.

Been following your build and would be great to be totally off grid. 

One thing I read about off grid builds is they need alot of power management unless you really over size. Just my impression

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

Is there a limit on the number of inverters you can slave together?

With my MUST inverters the limit is three, I have three of 5.5 kW giving me 16.5 kW in total.