Advice for a bad case of the runs?

bob smith

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Ive had the runs for a few days now after a curry a few nights ago.

After a few days, you're prob past the phase where antibiotics would help. Drink electrolytes and sleep a lot.

Tell us about the curry. In England, I had the super-hot Phaal Curry. Def. a colon blaster. Invented in Bradford, I think.

Just now, Prubangboy said:

After a few days, you're prob past the phase where antibiotics would help. Drink electrolytes and sleep a lot.

Tell us about the curry. In England, I had the super-hot Phaal Curry. Def. a colon blaster. Invented in Bradford, I think.

It was a thai green curry.

probably the chicken in it that did it.

im sat on the bog now as I type this 😩

• Haha 2

You're at the stage where you possibly have Salmonella now. I'd wallop in a load of Imodium or similar and see what happens

If its still coming out in rivers than trouble

I worked in a Government setting in 1984 when I had it and was off work for 13 weeks (am not joking) because was not allowed to mix with other workers until 3 clear tests (weekly) had occured

How many baht did it cost? I never ear street food (other than 3-4 roti a year).

Will you go off green curry now?

For me, it's usually a very ungreeny letdown. Massaman too (too sweet).

Red curry seems to most reliably deliver the curry goods. Yellow is almost never seen on a Chiang Mai menu.

.....Wiki tells me that Yellow Curry was adapted from the British Navy's use of yellow curry powder. It's sweeter and less spicy than trad Thai curries. Throw in more chili and it's called Sour Curry (again mostly found in The South).

So is it authentic? It dates back to the mid-19th century. So I say its authentic by now.

57 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Ive had the runs for a few days now after a curry a few nights ago.

averaging 5/6 craps a day at the momemt.

nothing but water.

any advice for me?

i accidentally soiled myself in bed last night as i thought it was just a fart, but I was sadly mistaken.

the smell was beyond all comprehension.

bob

After spending that half a million baht watch cash on booze what did you expect?  :ohmy:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

1.   Stay well hydrated and take electolyte replacement solutions such as :

- electrolyte packets available at all 7-11 s

- green coconut water

- Lime or orange juice from vender (the kind they add salt and sugar to and make in blender

2. Take activated Charcoal  (available from 7-11 brand name Car-Bon or osmething like that)

You will know you are adequately hydrated if you are urinating ioften and pale yellwo color or clear. Dark urine = dehydrated

Limit immodium to when absolutely necessary (e.g. if you have to travel somewhere) as it is better to let everything come out

Do nto self medicate with antibitoics, if later you need a stool culture it will just confuse the clinical picture

See doctor/go to ER if:

• If you are unable to take fluids by mouth
  •  Have high fever
  • It persists more than a week or so
  • there is blood in the stools
  • there is severe or unusual abdominal pain

thanks a lot sheryl.

great advice!

2 hours ago, stoner said:

everyone has that one story of when they accidented themselves. good on you bobby for being brave enough to tell.

Funny. He enjoyed telling you as part of the overall narcissism. Only thing better would be to diffuse the smell remotely through your phone or computer monitor.