‘He’s dog-whistling’: Trump denounced over anti-immigrant comment

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This is why there are illegal immigrants.

It is also why the system need tightening up, reducing the numbers will only help, I don't know enough about US immigration policy to comment, In the UK the laws are there, but there seems to be a reluctance from the authorities to implement them.If there were no illegals dodgy businessmen would not be able to employ them  That would Farage's fault then?

Are you suggesting that Trump is actively involved in people smuggling to further his business interests, if that's the case why hasn't he been sent to court over that too.    

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It is also why the system need tightening up, reducing the numbers will only help, I don't know enough about US immigration policy to comment, In the UK the laws are there, but there seems to be a reluctance from the authorities to implement them.If there were no illegals dodgy businessmen would not be able to employ them  That would Farage's fault then?

Are you suggesting that Trump is actively involved in people smuggling to further his business interests, if that's the case why hasn't he been sent to court over that too.    

Yes, he provides the pull factor. There would be no immigration overnight and at no cost if employers were charged more often with employing illegals.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I agree the immigration system needs an overhaul that sir requires the congress then the senate then the president to do their respective jobs the dems have been trying for years the republicans keep killing the legislation it’s been going on for years,hopefully soon that will change and the dems control all 3 branches then things will get done!

• Like 1

The democrats have been trying for years?!? Give me a break. They want to quickly legalize people, give out green cards like candy.

Just look at the border now. Thousands of young, fit, suspiciously clean young men are crossing weekly. They look remarkably fresh and well groomed for people who supposedly have walked 1000 miles to the border. Because they didn't. All are transported by cartels and human traffickers. Nobody can approach the border on the Mexican side without paying up to the drug kingpins and their ilk.  There are very few of the "huddled masses yearning to be free", few families, few genuine asylum seekers. All are economic migrants at best, drains on the social system at worst.  

How to stop it? Do not release ANYONE until their case is resolved. Build detention camps along the border to hold illegals until their status is determined. Simply releasing them into the country is folly of the worst kind. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your idea of very few does not align with those of us that have seen the hordes crossing the river on tv.

Your claim is so easy to refute that I wonder how you could have made it. Who is trying to fool whom?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-unlawful-crossings-along-southern-border-reach-yearly-high/

U.S. immigration agents processed more than 200,000 migrants who crossed the southern border unlawfully in September, the highest level recorded in 2023, as the Biden administration struggles to contain the mass migration gripping the region, according to preliminary government data obtained by CBS News.

"hordes..."

LOL

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Not you.

Obviously.

well the bigot you referred to has apparently been granted citizenship  so it can't be me can it,  are you going to answer the question, like a big boy, or just continue with the childish attempts to insult me , 

I'll add "bigot " to the growing list of  insults with pleasure,  keep them coming

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:
33 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Not you.

Obviously.

well the bigot you referred to has apparently been granted citizenship  so it can't be me can it,  are you going to answer the question, like a big boy, or just continue with the childish attempts to insult me , 

I'll add "bigot " to the growing list of  insults with pleasure,  keep them coming

Correct, it isn't you, and I am truly glad that you worked that out all by yourself.

But it's too funny that you're the one that introduced the notion of 'hysterical reactions' to this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh god a drama queen.  Have you considered for even a second that any threat to you girlfriend might possibly come from an illegal immigrant, a radicalised muslim perhaps a  member of Hamas, they recently also got a taste for Thai blood did they not

was that donald trumps fault too?  

Some have historically hated America  and its allies since before we were born,  all he is doing is trying to keep those that hate  the US out, or at least reduce the numbers sneaking in  thus making things safer for everybody. what's not to like

I don't know what you're talking about. That's not my post and I have no intention of even visiting the US. Get a grip.

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I didn't count how many were there but i think he would need a few more than those who turned up to in order to win an election

Quite interesting though that the  handful of nutters who turned up that day are considered to be his support base, How manty were there 500? 1000? 2000?    What about the millions of others who voted for him ?   might they not form part of his support base,  Where they all extremist nutters or is their a possibility that they were just normal people from all walks of life

A lot of voters just vote for the incumbent. Trump won't have that this time.

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

So you're saying he's a political version of Claudine Gay?

wow.

You are comparing a university president whose position was that students should have unfettered free speech to mass shooters?

What kind of drugs are you on, and can I have some, too?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your idea of very few does not align with those of us that have seen the hordes crossing the river on tv.

Your claim is so easy to refute that I wonder how you could have made it. Who is trying to fool whom?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-unlawful-crossings-along-southern-border-reach-yearly-high/

U.S. immigration agents processed more than 200,000 migrants who crossed the southern border unlawfully in September, the highest level recorded in 2023, as the Biden administration struggles to contain the mass migration gripping the region, according to preliminary government data obtained by CBS News.

You are referring to illegals caught at the border, not those who made it in to the US. "Processed" = caught.

And no, you are not seeing hordes crossing a river into the US. FOX News and other dubious sources were showing people crossing the Suchiate river between Guatemala and Mexico. I've been there. The state of Chiapas in Mexico does have a problem with illegal aliens.

One of your problems is what you think you know about illegal immigration is misinformation. I'll be happy to go over the facts with you.

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

That's the sort of things businessmen do , I know its "shocking" but its the way of the world

Yeah, you went through the stages of Trump denial quickly.

Remember, Trump is a candidate for President. You really want to elect a guy who claims to be against illegal immigration, but hires them himself?

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Well he's been there before with out any major incident,,  quite a bit happened since though  under the watchful eye of sleepy joe.

the events in Gaza and Ukraine are taking us closer to the edge than we've ever been, China and Taiwan will be next, Sleepy had better wake up

January 6 wasn't a major incident?

42 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, you went through the stages of Trump denial quickly.

Remember, Trump is a candidate for President. You really want to elect a guy who claims to be against illegal immigration, but hires them himself?

I cant elect anyone   Im not american

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't follow,     To become elected he needs to garner more votes,  it's not really about pleasing his already "unhinged " base is it ?   There is little to be gained for him by preaching to the converted.   If he was so desperate for more support  would inciting civil war convert his opponents to supporters? seems unlikely to me. 

The normal way for controversial  politicians to garner more votes would be to lie to the electorate about their real intentions and ostensibly follow more moderate populist policies, then once elected they can do what they want.

That doesn't appear to be what he is doing,  unless of course the majority of Americans really are concerned about illegal immigration, in which case maybe you are a bit out of touch with their views .  (even more people for you to despise)

TRump appears to me to be a marmite character  either loved or absolutely hated beyond reason,  are there really significant numbers of  "don't know's"  sitting on the fence pontificating on  whether or not  to become "racist scum" 

It's very simple: Trump is a demented nutter who yearns for adulation from his fans. If this isn't enough to win, he will cry foul and hope to steal the election.

6 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The democrats have been trying for years?!? Give me a break. They want to quickly legalize people, give out green cards like candy.

Just look at the border now. Thousands of young, fit, suspiciously clean young men are crossing weekly. They look remarkably fresh and well groomed for people who supposedly have walked 1000 miles to the border. Because they didn't. All are transported by cartels and human traffickers. Nobody can approach the border on the Mexican side without paying up to the drug kingpins and their ilk.  There are very few of the "huddled masses yearning to be free", few families, few genuine asylum seekers. All are economic migrants at best, drains on the social system at worst.  

How to stop it? Do not release ANYONE until their case is resolved. Build detention camps along the border to hold illegals until their status is determined. Simply releasing them into the country is folly of the worst kind. 

Ahh haggie the last substantial immigration reform was initiated waaayyy back in 1986 yup that’s close to 40 years!it’s the sad truth look it up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Trump didn't smuggle the illegals, he just hired them.

To stop illegal immigration,  the Border Patrol should be raiding work sites and big farms. Unfortunately,  the owners of those places have a lot of political pull.

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahh haggie the last substantial immigration reform was initiated waaayyy back in 1986 yup that’s close to 40 years!it’s the sad truth look it up.

The problem is that the Republicans don't want a deal. They just want to complain and then do nothing.

The House just passed some language that sounds tough, but does very little.

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The problem is that the Republicans don't want a deal. They just want to complain and then do nothing.

The House just passed some language that sounds tough, but does very little.

Absolutely it’s a much used tool to distract and blame the dems for a problem that they refuse to help fix,in our system it takes the house then senate to change the rules then it must be signed off by the president.the republicans have been so dysfunctional lately there’s a good chance the democrats will win full control of government then it will be delt with