License shortcut

farangkrab

22 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Can you name any?

Not from personal experience as I wen ton my own both for initial and renewals....but I hear MOTS is reliable and decent value....this is in Pattaya, but I amsure there will be other similar in other areas.

PH

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Really depends on what Province and Amphoe.

Chonburi - Banglamung you aint doing it in 55 minutes.

Will take you 55 minutes just to book an appointment to come back at a later date !

Last year went to renew missus' licence...place was pretty empy at about 1400.  She was in and out inside an hour (Falang, esp. for initial licence, may be longer....but not by much I would guess.

PH

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Not from personal experience as I wen ton my own both for initial and renewals....but I hear MOTS is reliable and decent value....this is in Pattaya, but I amsure there will be other similar in other areas.

PH

Yes they are very reliable, I did my motorbike license with them.

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Last year went to renew missus' licence...place was pretty empy at about 1400.  She was in and out inside an hour (Falang, esp. for initial licence, may be longer....but not by much I would guess.

PH

Good to hear.

My boss went two weeks ago.. it was how I mentioned.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:10 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Very quick to pull the trigger there - I don't think this is about the Ops capacity to be able to drive here...   any official process can be confusing for a  newbie.

We need to know more of the the ops situation so we can help him rather than make accusations. 

1) Ops Nationality.

2) Ops Visa status.

3) Ops existing licence.

4) Picture of endorsements that he carries.

5) Ops location in Thailand. 

do you also need his height, weight, bra size and the number for his sister/gf/wife?

On 12/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, JBChiangRai said:

My 20 year old daughters went the driving school route, they never took a test.  The DLT trust some schools to vouch for the student drivers in lieu of a test.

Perfectly safe and legal.

That's a driving school. not an agency, which is what the OP is asking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2023 at 7:17 AM, Scouse123 said:

It is all over, getting advertised on Facebook at the moment that you don't need to attend the driving test centre.

They do the lot for that flat fee. No test, no exam, no attendance.

If it's not a scam, or a fake licence, how do they get the applicant's photo on the licence if there's no need to attend?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 12/19/2023 at 11:38 AM, NoshowJones said:
On 12/19/2023 at 11:07 AM, Phulublub said:

There are several reputable agents who will assist and advise - these are entirely legitmate and useful for those not confident enough to do the process themselves.

PH

Expand  

Can you name any?

Fatboys. Again.  Their other office!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's a driving school. not an agency, which is what the OP is asking about.

semantics, it could be either or both. You’re assuming and when you assume….

No, it's not semantics and, no, I wasn't assuming.  The poster I responded to specifically referred to a driving school and the OP specifically referred to an agent to bypass the proper system. Seems as though you're the "assume" (without the "u" and "me").

On 12/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, novacova said:

OP-Just go to a driving school and at least get educated, there’s enough halfwhit digbats on the roads as it is, don’t need another one. Short-cutting proper procedures is asking for trouble.

My son used a local driving school. It consisted of drivign lessons (both at the center and on the road (a trip to Ayutthaya), lessons r and the center also conducted the exam (many failed at this stage apparently), and had to resit it. Why he did his tet uing stick I have no idea. Paperwork was then taked to the transport department, where the licence was issued. I don;t think the testing was that difficult - my son said later 'no wonder there are son many accidents on the road. Even though he has his licence,  I will also give him pointers when I'm in the car.  Total cost was around 5000 baht. 

Edited by DavisH

My 20 year old daughters went the driving school route, they never took a test.  The DLT trust some schools to vouch for the student drivers in lieu of a test.

If a reputable driving school, she will have done the tests with them. They will be accriedited by DLT and all legal and above board.

PH

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If it's not a scam, or a fake licence, how do they get the applicant's photo on the licence if there's no need to attend?

I have already sent the details to the guy on here who private messaged me.

Myself, I don't recommend or promote it, it was something that popped up on my newsfeed on Facebook.

Furthermore, I think it is an inside deal at these rates with the relevant transport department and photos are handed over at the outset, as they do everything for you.

Likewise, I should imagine they are doing them in blocks of 20 or 30 applications all at the same time to make it worth their while.

Personally, I don't know much about it, my licence is legal.

This was the Facebook advert without the photos:-

Anyone interested in getting a driver's license Make a new book or renew the card for 2 years, 5 years, all types -🏍️🚗🚛 100% legal. Can be used normally. Can accept all types of transfers according to the transfer set.
Motorcycle 1,500
Car 2,500
✅ Anyone who doesn't want to leave the house
If you are interested in getting a driver's license, please chat with us.
Add Line:✅ @160yllnu

This is it, find them on the LINE app above.

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it's not semantics and, no, I wasn't assuming.  The poster I responded to specifically referred to a driving school and the OP specifically referred to an agent to bypass the proper system. Seems as though you're the "assume" (without the "u" and "me").

You’re wrong. The agent could well be a driving school. The agent we used was in fact a driving school. A driving school is an agent.

This is the dictionary definition of an agent…

a person or thing that takes an active role or produces a specified effect.

4 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You’re wrong. The agent could well be a driving school. The agent we used was in fact a driving school. A driving school is an agent.

No, I am not wrong.  Clearly the OP was not intending to use a driving school, if he was it'd be reasonable to presume that he would have mentioned that!   He was referring to using an agent that bypassed all the official requirements including testing whether he was sufficiently competent as a driver (as driving schools do).  I was not referring to your using a school and I know that a school acts as an agent.

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I am not wrong.  Clearly the OP was not intending to use a driving school, if he was it'd be reasonable to presume that he would have mentioned that!   He was referring to using an agent that bypassed all the official requirements including testing whether he was sufficiently competent as a driver (as driving schools do).  I was not referring to your using a school and I know that a school acts as an agent.

The point I made was that his agent could be a driving school, until you understand the method by asking him, we don’t know.

IMHO it’s probably not a driving school and it’s just another scammer. You pay him and suddenly he needs more money because of some new impediment and you end up with nothing.

Any agents promising a DL without going to the DLT or doing a exam is totally 100% illegal and in most cases they don't even can't provide the DL.

Friends of my tried this and the agent only requested several times additional payments for so called obstacles.

In the end he never got his DL and went to the DLT by himself for the renewal.

• Thumbs Up 1

The DLT trust some schools to vouch for the student drivers in lieu of a test.

I'm not so sure about that. It's another middleman in the way that can potentially be bribed in the land of bribes.

6 hours ago, Woof999 said:

I'm not so sure about that. It's another middleman in the way that can potentially be bribed in the land of bribes.

There’s no need to bribe as everyone passes.  They simply teach you until they are happy you are no more of a risk than Somchai ego got his licence free with a bag of rice.

• Agree 1