Statins stimulate atherosclerosis and heart failure: pharmacological mechanisms

connda

19 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Good Carbs Bad Carbs

Good Fats Bad Fats

Good Cop Bad Cop

image.png.af007c27ef5fbd01a5e8149f2f99732c.png

Good fats still make you fat, bad carbs i.e. processed carbs are ok without the often included fat. I prefer white bread to wholemeal, white rice to brown but it's personal preference doesn't make a big difference 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Good fats still make you fat, bad carbs i.e. processed carbs are ok without the often included fat. I prefer white bread to wholemeal, white rice to brown but it's personal preference doesn't make a big difference 

LOL.

This debate might go on forever maybe?

To be continued in 2024 ... 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

white bread is supposed to be one of the foods that clogs arteries?

at least from the research i've seen.

if you're eating a lot of white bread and don't have issues, i'm baffled. 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I prefer white bread to wholemeal,

White bread contains gluten, one of the absolute worst things to put in the body.

This seems to be Nutrition 101.

Most people who continue to eat white bread are people who dont care about their health and never bothered to look anything up. 

You should know better by now that white bread is not healthy.

And I don't have the energy to keep debating these issues. 

Edited by save the frogs

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

white bread is supposed to be one of the foods that clogs arteries?

at least from the research i've seen.

if you're eating a lot of white bread and don't have issues, i'm baffled. 

Yep it's a myth, white is easier to digest, i used to eat wholemeal, soda etc.

If someone is obese with an unhealthy diet, white bread is the least of their worries

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep it's a myth, white is easier to digest, i used to eat wholemeal, soda etc.

If someone is obese with an unhealthy diet, white bread is the least of their worries

Gluten is unhealthy for everyone. 

If someone is celiac, they will feel it right away.

If someone is not celiac, the cumulative effect of all that gluten over many years will cause other health issues. 

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Gluten is unhealthy for everyone. 

If someone is celiac, they will feel it right away.

If someone is not celiac, the cumulative effect of all that gluten over many years will cause other health issues. 

but you flip flop about based on youtube videos and probably end up overweight and unhealthy, but without blood tests you won't know, so doing what Berg and that holistic dr bloke recommends is good enough

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

but you flip flop about based on youtube videos and probably end up overweight and unhealthy, but without blood tests you won't know, so doing what Berg and that holistic dr bloke recommends is good enough

what holistic dr bloke? ekberg? he's interesting because he does before and after blood work after eating large amounts of a specific food for a month and showing how it affects his blood work. he charges a small fortune for detailed blood work analysis in his private practice. 

8 hours ago, save the frogs said:

what holistic dr bloke? ekberg? he's interesting because he does before and after blood work after eating large amounts of a specific food for a month and showing how it affects his blood work. he charges a small fortune for detailed blood work analysis in his private practice. 

Yep his blood works are important otherwise nothing is proved

• Thumbs Up 1