Pay tax at DLT office

Cricky

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i usually go a few weeks before expiry but i think you can go a few months in advance. You can also go to those test centre places to save the trip to DLT

Three months in advance and I would surely avoid the trip.

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

You can renew tax up to three months early. 

This is good news.

Registration expires early March, I've got to go back home for a while, not sure if I will return before March. I'll get it done next few days.

15 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

I take the pickup to a test station next to a Tesco.  Drop off the truck, go shopping, eat lunch, then retrieve the truck.

Within a couple hours, the test center has done the inspection, paid the annual tax and renewed the insurance.

His bike is only 2yrs old so doesn't need testing, but I would still use a testing center, my car is tested and finished before I've completed the insurance paperwork, I don't hang around they send it all back to my home 50b extra for EMS in a couple of days. Sometimes they can not do it the same day as the DTL office are to busy.

26 minutes ago, Cricky said:

This is good news.

Registration expires early March, I've got to go back home for a while, not sure if I will return before March. I'll get it done next few days.

If your bike is not being used while your away it's no problem to do it when you return, you just pay the back tax. AFAIK

I went this morning.

Had to line up at the little kiosk right side of doorways.

Paid for CTP, given documents, then told to go to information booth, given a number, when number called paid 100 baht for tax disc. at window number 3. 

Around 15 minutes.

I asked if they would reopen small office on weekends Central Festival. Nope.

So convenient when they had Saturday office big C Sukhumvit, then Central Festival

Edited by Cricky