What would you do?

dingdongrb

Happens to us now and then, Mrs. Morch in the habit of taking her time before heading for the car to examine the bill. Never takes advantage. Me - most chances same, especially if there were no issues with the service/product. My thinking is that I can afford it, and the cashier might get punished, fined, scolded or whatever.

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Now I ask, what would you have done? Would you try to check out with the wrong priced produce hoping that the attendant at the door checking receipts didn't notice it? Or would you do as I did, get the price corrected?

When I buy food at large supermarkets, I frequently see shelf labels that (not known to me at that time) are outdated and show a lower price than what I later have to pay at the checkout. (Knowing that the price is higher, I may not have bought the products.) But do I complain? No. - So, why should I 'complain' in such a situation? (None of the staff will have to pay for their mistakes. Different situation, though, if at a restaurant, where staff may be liable for such a mistake.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I would have let it play out

Or, nip it in the bud.

Anytime you let things play out, without early intervention, things have a way of going awry....

This is, after all, the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, and Entropy, at play.

Never let Entropy play out, because you will always regret not doing what you should have done, early, and in the first place.

Anyway, this is my best advice for most people.....

I have had this happen quite a number of times over the years, in various ways.

I always fix the problem, simply because for most of these employees, that mistake will come right out of their paycheck.

And they are typically not making enough income for that to be trivial.

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I went to my local supermarket chain and seeing they still had some good looking Muscat grapes available I decided to pick up a bag even though there was a hefty price of 299/kg.

I took the bag to the weighing counter and laid them on the conveyor while the attendant gave me a cheerful smile. The grapes were weighed, I picked up the bag, and while walking back to my cart I glanced at the sticker to see the final price of the bag I chose.

What?? Just a mere 59 THB !!!!!!

That had to be a mistake so I took the bag back to that same attendant and pointed at the price on the sticker. The attendant immediately took the bag, weighed it again, attached a new sticker over the old one, and thanked me several times as I took my newly priced bag and went walking to my cart.

Looking at the sticker, 288 THB, much closer to the expected price.

Now I ask, what would you have done? Would you try to check out with the wrong priced produce hoping that the attendant at the door checking receipts didn't notice it? Or would you do as I did, get the price corrected?

Now for a little humor.....  I gave some thought as to why the attendant priced my grapes incorrectly. This is my conclusion and a good example that concentration is not always being used at work. That 58 THB label had the price per kg and description for guava. What do Thais call guava fruit? Farang. I'm definitely a farang having blonde hair and blue eyes. The attendant saw me walking to the weigh station and looked at me directly in the eyes as I laid my bag of grapes down. Not thinking the product code for guava was entered!

fishing for compliments...

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would point out a pricing mistake irrespective of whether it is in my favor, or vice versa.

I don't buy grapes, loaded with sugar.

......and beer has alcohol, so what's your point?

Perhaps you're a 'whine' drinker.

• Thumbs Up 1