What would you do?

dingdongrb

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

......and beer has alcohol, so what's your point?

Perhaps you're a 'whine' drinker.

The liver has the job of processing alcohol. The same goes for dealing with the fructose in grapes. I've seen people here die of liver cirrhosis, it's not pretty.

Perhaps you're a troll who likes posting insults. Try for something witty next time.

22 hours ago, stoner said:

i would of had correct price put on. but i also wouldn't post it on the internet either. 

I doubt I would have noticed, I don't check bills unless they seem very out or I'm confirming that I was charged for the 2 for 1 special. If I did notice, I would likely have been at home already.

As for the cashier, very unlikely they would have been punished. The cash they recieved would match what they rang out.

The farang theory is just plain stupid.

23 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Same same.

I complain when overcharged and tell them when undercharged.

Seems fair to me.

I would not mind doing the store if it was the likes of Lotus or BigC, but I would always be honest with the staff as they would have to pay any loss out of their wages.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would returned and let them know about the mistake. I was at a small coffee shop in a village. Bought a coffee for 40 baht, gave her a 100 baht bill. She gave me change for 1,000 baht. I told her I gave her 100 baht. She was so thankful. If she was a worker she would have had to make up the difference. I was raised not to cheat or take advantage of a mistake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking about this recently. I have been accidentally overcharged at 7-11, etc and caught it a couple times.  I do believe it was accidentally. But much more often, they have forgotten to ring up an item. I don’t really pay attention, or count the money, investigate the receipt, etc. but several times over the years the price was way too low and every time I have pointed it out and paid the correct price. Or getting way too much change back. Not doing so is the same as stealing, IMO. And I could rest easily those nights, knowing I had done the right thing. 

I actually worked at a 7-11 in the US the summer after I graduated HS. And have bartended for many years. If the cash drawer is short, the employee pays with their own money and I expect it is the same here. 

p.s.  I know it’s not the same thing, you were charged for a mislabeled product. You still did the right thing. Kudos and good Karma to you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tpbon said:

I would returned and let them know about the mistake. I was at a small coffee shop in a village. Bought a coffee for 40 baht, gave her a 100 baht bill. She gave me change for 1,000 baht. I told her I gave her 100 baht. She was so thankful. If she was a worker she would have had to make up the difference. I was raised not to cheat or take advantage of a mistake. 

an old lady in a mom and pop shop short changed me the other day on purpose, gave her 100, she said it was 20, slight of hand moved the 100 underneath, sad, we only go there to give her custom

On 12/20/2023 at 7:36 PM, steven100 said:

I would have kept walking ....  either she liked you more than for your grapes or she's just another stupid cashier who moved from 7-11 to your supermarket.   Why waste your time on their silly mistake .....   

Bit rough even for you, Steven. Most 7 girls are relatively switched on. 
Guessing it was LOTUS as they are hopeless with their pricing.

I would probably have also questioned it. A, it might be picked up at the till, B, weigher would get in trouble. Yep, I’m a sucker like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2023 at 7:41 PM, Morch said:

Happens to us now and then, Mrs. Morch in the habit of taking her time before heading for the car to examine the bill. Never takes advantage. Me - most chances same, especially if there were no issues with the service/product. My thinking is that I can afford it, and the cashier might get punished, fined, scolded or whatever.

My Thai Lady scans the receipts before we leave Makro too.

I respect her for that and don't complain.

BUT... occasionally we spend 15 minutes correcting a 3 baht error.

I just can't be concerned about a few baht either way. Life is too short.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

My Thai Lady scans the receipts before we leave Makro too.

I respect her for that and don't complain.

BUT... occasionally we spend 15 minutes correcting a 3 baht error.

I just can't be concerned about a few baht either way. Life is too short.

It was like that, many years ago, nowadays doesn't waste time if it's peanuts.

She actually seems more stressed when the mistake is in our favor (that happens too), fearing the cashier will be blamed/punished.

• 2 weeks later...