Cold wave from China hits Thailand: Significant temperature drop and heavy rain forecast

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

and the capital city, Bangkok, seeing a drop of 5 degrees.

The low in the far west suburbs of Bangkok this morning was 1 degree lower than yesterday.

The high so far today is 1 degree lower than yesterday.

If your denying Global weather changes due to some local cold weather, that only shows you know nothing about Global warming.  You should probably  steer clear of any conversation needing a moderate   IQ and understanding of basic science. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

And with that on goes the A/C that's taken a hammering this month  🤔

Hottest December (so far) I've experienced in Pattaya in 18 years here. The cool weather hasn't reached here yet - maybe tonight. I just went for a ride on my motorcycle at 10 pm and it was 27C. My electric bill which arrives on the 20th of the month was higher than in November and October. That hasn't happened before. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2023 at 9:55 AM, VincentRJ said:

Another example of the disastrous effects of global warming. :wink:

You do know there is a difference between climate and weather, right?

One of the effects of climate change leaving to an overall, average rise in global temperatures is increasing extremes of weather.

This means not only higher highs but also periods of lower temperatures, heavier rainfall (accompanied by floods) interspersed with longer, more extreme droughts.

So yes, temporary periods of colder weather are indeed a feature of an overall rise in average worldwide yearly temperatures.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You do know there is a difference between climate and weather, right?

One of the effects of climate change leaving to an overall, average rise in global temperatures is increasing extremes of weather.

This means not only higher highs but also periods of lower temperatures, heavier rainfall (accompanied by floods) interspersed with longer, more extreme droughts.

So yes, temporary periods of colder weather are indeed a feature of an overall rise in average worldwide yearly temperatures.

Yes. I do kmow the difference between climate and weather, but unfortunately the Main Stream Media appears not to, hence my sarcasm.

Have you not noticed that every time there is an extreme weather event, the masss media tends to describe it as another example of climate change? They even sometime describe the cause of the extreme weather event being climate change, apparently not understanding that 'climate change' is a result, not a cause.

What's also amazing is that they seem to think that the worst flood or storm in a hundred years is another example of 'anthropogenic climate change', when basic logic should enable them to understand that an equally severe, or even more severe event 100 years ago, before CO2 emissions began rising, would suggest that such a current, extreme weather event could be within the range of normal and natural climate.