Is there a big bus from Don Mueang airport to Pattaya?

advancebooking

My hotel in Pats is quoting 1700 to send a taxi and wait with a card (with my name) at the airport and drive me to the hotel. 

I was wondering if there's a big bus going down. If so do you have the times every afternoon and how much?

Not interested in minivans as I value my life. 

thanks

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dddave said:

Can do the shuttle bus Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi, then the Pattaya/Jomtien bus from there.  First floor, near door -9

I believe only if you have a onward flight from Suvarnabhumi but could be wrong 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, advancebooking said:

My hotel in Pats is quoting 1700 to send a taxi and wait with a card (with my name) at the airport and drive me to the hotel. 

I was wondering if there's a big bus going down. If so do you have the times every afternoon and how much?

Not interested in minivans as I value my life. 

thanks

where is Pats  ?     I do know a town a couple of hours from Bangkok called Pattaya.

You wanted to know if a big bus is going down .....    down where ?   down the river ,  down the road ...

How big a bus do you want ?   Bangkok has the large double deck buses but I'm not sure on their routes. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Where is Pats?

The place has a proper name, Pattaya, which has a specific meaning, have some respect for Thailand and the good people of Thailand and Pattaya.

Almost as bad as people using BKK for a bank or the city of Bangkok rather than the airport. 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, 747man said:

Minivans are really ok,not like before the big clean up.

They do not go over 90km per hour now ........So You Ain't been in one in Isaan LATELY I Gather ??

Oh sorry ,i thought we were talking about the minibus from Bangkok to Pattaya.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I believe only if you have a onward flight from Suvarnabhumi but could be wrong 

You ARE correct.. 

The shuttle bus is only available to those who can show they have an onward flight ticket. It's not available to "anybody" , as others are suggesting. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, murraynz said:

You ARE correct.. 

The shuttle bus is only available to those who can show they have an onward flight ticket. It's not available to "anybody" , as others are suggesting. 

so those onward flight ticket booking company is not only useful to get through immigration.... hmmm.....

• Haha 1

In August 2022, a new bus route opened on a trial basis directly from Don Mueang to North Pattaya Bus Station in Pattaya. They started with two departures daily, at 10:30 and 15:00, and the price was 350 baht. If they still operate the route you should be able to buy a ticket from a stall between exit 10 and 11.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Antti said:

I once went to Pattaya from Mo Chit by bus, if I remember correctly the Mo Chit station was a bit disorganized and finding the platform for Pattaya buses took some time.

I've use the Mochit to Pattaya bus recently and a bit disorganised is an understatement.  The OP would be dropped off by the A1 bus quite a distance from where he would catch the Pattaya bus.  If he can negotiate his way through the market stalls and around the departure terminal to the ticket desks he will have done well.

Once inside the Roong Rueang ticket desk is towards the right as you face them, just before an exit to the station concourse.  The sales lady wrote the platform number on the ticket but some platforms are accessed via an overhead walkway from the first floor, however these are indicated on the information boards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Taxi from Don Muong to Ekamai

Bus from Ekamai to Pattaya

good idea. 200 taxi and 250 for bus? around 500 or whatever. 45min in taxi. wait at bus around 1 hour? Trip 2 hours. another taxi to hotel 100. so maybe 4 hours and maybe 500 to 600 baht? Is this correct?  Compared to 1700 and 2.5 hours? 

4 hours ago, farang51 said:

In August 2022, a new bus route opened on a trial basis directly from Don Mueang to North Pattaya Bus Station in Pattaya. They started with two departures daily, at 10:30 and 15:00, and the price was 350 baht. If they still operate the route you should be able to buy a ticket from a stall between exit 10 and 11.

There's also a service from ground floor small booth at Suvarnabhumi to Jomtien. Last time I used it 300Baht. Jomtien terminus is on the road from city down to Jomtien left side of the road about 150 metres or less before the beach, big supermarket in same bus location, all opposite Pan Pan restaurant. Several service every day both directions, can book in advance, pleasant staff.