Human trafficking ring busted: Underage girls lured to sell virginity to Chinese investors for 200,000 baht

webfact

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Yeah right, the relatively recent exposure of Epstein's Pedo island has resulted in exactly how many prosecutions of those who regularly visited the place?   His mysterious death has pretty much ensured that will never happen.  Its business as usual for pedo's everywhere, nothing has changed and it never will.   

Deflection. How is it related to your claim that woke and liberals are pro- pedo?

32 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

jesus I only have one pair of hands,   My views are unchanged   chew this over

https://nypost.com/2021/11/25/prof-who-referred-to-pedophiles-as-minor-attracted-persons-to-resign/

An unknown assistant professor who is certainly not considered as a scientific authority.

Neither a leading figure among so-called woke and liberals, BTW.

Edit. Additionally she's a poor scientist because paedophilia is a scientific expression drawn from Greek which means more or less the same: liking or being attracted by children.

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

"Listen"   :cheesy:     

No I am not a social worker, or a doctor for that matter, and if your opening sentence was supposed to be an attempt to insult me, I am sorry to have to disappoint you but you failed, and failed pretty miserably.  However the arrogance with which you write and your detachment from reality , clearly identifies you as somebody who has wasted a few years at university  studying for what the rest of us  used to call "non degrees"     I might add that I am writing this slowly, as I doubt you can read very quickly

Of course pedophiles are born that way , in the same way that hetrosexuals and  homosexuals, are born that way,  I don't doubt that there are "studies" showing that many if not all pedo's claim to have been abused themselves, Its a perfect way of attempting to excuse their behaviour.  However I don't think for one minute that the excuse was dreamed up by the pedos themselves. 

Rather those words were put into their mouths by  a collective of social workers and psychiatrists, totally unable to accept that some people are just naturally evil, and desperate to formulate some reason for their behaviour, and also   in an attempt to promote their self perceived  academic relevance.   These works of fiction are then repeated in court by defence lawyers who are paid to mitigate any punishments their client would receive,    They are then repeated later at parole board hearings to other people holding exactly the same twisted academic based, progressive liberal views,  who promptly release them back into society ensuring a high chance of repeat offending, and a steady stream of victims, who according to your theories stand a higher than average chance of becoming pedo's themselves, 

Hardly a way of producing "well adjusted members of society" and not exactly difficult to understand by anybody, except perhaps by those tainted by a few years at uni studying applied social science or similar made up rubbish.

The only way to reduce the number of sex attacks on minors or anybody else, is as @spidermike007 has already said, put them on the end of a short rope and introduce them to a long drop, chances of them reoffending =nil,  and whilst it may not stop all others from committing similar offences it will certainly make some think twice

The reason there are so many people in US prisons is simple, regardless of their ethnicity, they did wrong and they got caught. Not difficult to understand at all, except for people like you

Of course pedophiles are born that way? You really believe this? Your hyperbole and warped logic are readily apparent. You equate homosexuality and heterosexuality with pedophilia? What kind of monkey logic is that?

You and others that believe people are born evil are a troubled lot. I pity you and your dim view of humanity. Show me any extensive scientific studies that support your sophomoric conclusions.

Your crude ideas of criminal reform and social policy have been proven over and over to be ineffective and you want to double down on these mid-evil practices.

Reminds me of Americans "War on Drugs" ... a completely failed attempt at solving a huge social problem. Nobody every tried to look at it the other way solving the root cause - why there is a market in the first place. You know why? Too many folks like you (so called conservatives with "traditional" values) like "war". They love conflict and fighting. Killing, fighting and beating is the solution.  You'd probably be in the front row at the gladiator games of ancient Rome cheering the death sports. Let's "fight" the bad guys. We need to "execute" the wrong doers. Such a sad state of mind.

Edited by StandardIssue

22 minutes ago, candide said:

Deflection. How is it related to your claim that woke and liberals are pro- pedo?

what is it with people like you screaming "deflection" all the time. I am not deflecting anything,    You said...

."Societies are now much less tolerant about pedophilia than they were in the past. Sex crimes against minors have been covered up in the past, I.e. sex crimes by priests, show business people, and political figures. And the so-called "woke" in particular the mee too movement, put more pressure to fight sex crimes, including against minors".

I simply stated that is not the case, a few low hanging fruit may get targeted and hung out to dry but the abuse of kids continues  no deflection at all

25 minutes ago, candide said:

An unknown assistant professor who is certainly not considered as a scientific authority.

Neither a leading figure among so-called woke and liberals, BTW.

That was just an example  i can't be bothered reviewing every link  or verifying the authors credentials, plenty more on google  if you are prepared to educate your self

30 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

That was just an example  i can't be bothered reviewing every link  or verifying the authors credentials, plenty more on google  if you are prepared to educate your self

Sorry, but it's you who must back your claim by more than anedoctical and unrepresentative evidence.

There are several woke or liberal stances (with which you may or may not agree), but being pro-pedo or pro-sex crime is not part of them. Ex. The 'woke' me too movement which resulted in several offenses against minors being revealed.

4 hours ago, candide said:

From what I read in recent posts, it seems that two issues are confused.

One is how to punish sex crimes against minors. Some people argue for death penalty. I am not convinced it would have much effect but that's a question of opinion. In my opinion, the first priority is to make sure all these crimes are identified, not covered up, halted, and punished. I guess we are far from it  even if it significantly improved in recent years.

The other is how to prevent such crimes to happen. This cannot be done without first understanding the psychological, sociological and economic aspects, just as other issues. And then implementing programs to prevent them.

BTW, what about marriage between adults and children? Who's pushing for it, and who's pushing against it? Conservative leaning religious groups? The so-called Liberal woke?

Insightful and relevant post. Thank you. A refreshing rational contribution.

I have been focusing on prevention. I agree that, of course the crimes need to be rooted out when and wherever possible, perpetrators identified, prosecuted and seperated from society or reformed if at all possible.  And as you suggest prevention needs to be implemented in just the way you describe. This takes quite a lot of work and effort but I'd like to think one day humanity may be able to greatly reduce crime. It seems to me Japan has been doing a fairly good job at controlling crime in their society. I do believe most forward thinking societies are moving in this direction. I was quite appalled at some of the backward thinking suggestions on this terrible issue of human trafficking minors for sex.

Edited by StandardIssue

22 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

Of course pedophiles are born that way? You really believe this? Your hyperbole and warped logic are readily apparent. You equate homosexuality and heterosexuality with pedophilia? What kind of monkey logic is that?

You and others that believe people are born evil are a troubled lot. I pity you and your dim view of humanity. Show me any extensive scientific studies that support your sophomoric conclusions.

Your crude ideas of criminal reform and social policy have been proven over and over to be ineffective and you want to double down on these mid-evil practices.

Reminds me of Americans "War on Drugs" ... a completely failed attempt at solving a huge social problem. Nobody every tried to look at it the other way and solving the root cause - why there is a market in the first place. You know why? Too many folks like you like "war". Love conflict and fighting.  You'd probably be in the front row at the gladiator games of ancient Rome cheering the death sports. Let's "fight" the bad guys. We need to "execute" the wrong doers. Such a sad state of mind.

I did not equate hetro and homo sexuality with pedophilia, I used the latter as examples that people are born the way they are. are you seriously arguing that people are born asexual , and remain as such until  various external influences shape them one way or the other . 

Pedo's are not created by external circumstances  , neither can they be un=created in the same way,    How would you feel about an ex-pedo babysitting you grandkids. ? I suppose it would be fine as long as he had a certificate of recovery from a social worker 

Executing pedo's would without doubt, 100% prevent them reoffending, it might also act as a deterrent, or it might not, either way there is nothing to lose, its  certainly not going to be any less effective than treating them leniently as you appear to advocate

War and violence is a fact of life and a basic part of human nature, I probably would have  been in the front row at the coliseum cheering the gladiators on with everybody else.  But where would you be ?  outside on your soapbox with your corduroy trousers and john lennon glasses, telling people not to attend? or maybe offering your counselling services to those you manage to convince are in need of such "therapy"

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

what is it with people like you screaming "deflection" all the time. I am not deflecting anything,    You said...

."Societies are now much less tolerant about pedophilia than they were in the past. Sex crimes against minors have been covered up in the past, I.e. sex crimes by priests, show business people, and political figures. And the so-called "woke" in particular the mee too movement, put more pressure to fight sex crimes, including against minors".

I simply stated that is not the case, a few low hanging fruit may get targeted and hung out to dry but the abuse of kids continues  no deflection at all

I am not claiming abuses don't continue, but societies (in the U.S. or elsewhere) are much less tolerant to it than before. Laws have also been improved in several countries regarding prescription, charges, penalties, pedo sexual tourism  etc...

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Sorry, but it's you who must back your claim by more than anedoctical and unrepresentative evidence.

There are several woke or liberal stances (with which you may or may not agree), but being pro-pedo or pro-sex crime is not part of them. Ex. The 'woke' me too movement which resulted in several offenses against minors being revealed.

I have no obligation to back up anything, I am expressing an opinion, whether or not you agree or understand is really of no concern to me.  I take it you are unaware of the fact that one of the female founders of the "me too" movement , an actress, was also found to have indulged in underage sex with a co star during a reunion party for a film they had appeared in together?  Typical woke hypocrisy I am sure you will agree

and before  you ask   here it is

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

Thank you and goodnight

12 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

Insightful and relevant post. Thank you. A refreshing rational contribution.

I have been focusing on prevention. I agree that, of course the crimes need to be rooted out when and wherever possible, perpetrators identified, prosecuted and taken away from society or reformed if at all possible.  And as you suggest prevention needs to be implemented just as you suggest. I do believe most forward thinking societies are moving in this direction. I was quite appalled at some of the backward thinking suggestions on this terrible issue of human trafficking minors for sex.

The pair of you should get a room,   

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I have no obligation to back up anything, I am expressing an opinion, whether or not you agree or understand is really of no concern to me.  I take it you are unaware of the fact that one of the female founders of the "me too" movement , an actress, was also found to have indulged in underage sex with a co star during a reunion party for a film they had appeared in together?  Typical woke hypocrisy I am sure you will agree

and before  you ask   here it is

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/19/us/asia-argento-assault-jimmy-bennett.html

Thank you and goodnight

Another anedoctical evidence. There are also cases among anti-woke, if you see what I mean. Anedoctical evidence on both sides.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The pair of you should get a room,   

Thinking from below the belt again huh?

Do yourself a favor and actually go out and do some humanitarian work - help some less fortunate people. It has been and is one of the most fulfilling things I've done with my life. To bring a smile to an orphaned child's face, to bring hope to a hopeless person. To give of oneself to the underprivileged.  These things have brought me peace and happiness - things that no amount of money can buy.

If you wish to help, and I sincerely wish you do. Get away from the computer and unhinge from the so called conservative media banter. it's all BS created for the rich to get richer. You want to know true happiness. it can be found in selflessness. Peace out...