Nobody Can Visit Thaksin At Hospital If He Says No: Somsak

webfact

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Thaksin is a willing hostage, not a prisoner.

He wouldn't have come back otherwise!

Play the game, join with the junta parties, betraying your pre election promises, sideline the election winners, MF, then you, Thaksin, will be freed after some time. 

Win win for Thaksin and the elite.

Who loses? Perhaps Pheu Thai, the latest NIDA poll shows MF have nearly twice the support of PT.

Betrayal, duplicity, dishonesty and unethical behaviour comes naturally to them in their pursuit of wealth and power. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Thaksin is a willing hostage, not a prisoner.

He wouldn't have come back otherwise!

Play the game, join with the junta parties, betraying your pre election promises, sideline the election winners, MF, then you, Thaksin, will be freed after some time. 

Win win for Thaksin and the elite.

Who loses? Perhaps Pheu Thai, the latest NIDA poll shows MF have nearly twice the support of PT.

And aside all this, any such incomprehension that his return, and subsequent actions, were agreed upon and pardons/blessing were extended months and months ago - which doesn't set well with particular circles [mostly of the foreign/outsider variety]. The game is being played as it was designed from the start in a very Thai manner. Set in stone.....and everything will play out in a very twisted Thai manner. It is what it is.

Whether he, or his political associations, have future influence on the underside of Thai politics is yet to be seen. Maybe. Maybe not. 

In the mean while, those that are seemingly angst and uptight about everything Shinawatra need to get over themselves and get on with your lives.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Betrayal, duplicity, dishonesty and unethical behaviour comes naturally to them in their pursuit of wealth and power. 

Historically, a commonplace trait and practice the world over.

Thais don't have the market cornered within this sphere. 

Glass houses and stones come to mind.

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

And aside all this, any such incomprehension that his return, and subsequent actions, were agreed upon and pardons/blessing were extended months and months ago - which doesn't set well with particular circles [mostly of the foreign/outsider variety]. The game is being played as it was designed from the start in a very Thai manner. Set in stone.....and everything will play out in a very twisted Thai manner. It is what it is.

Whether he, or his political associations, have future influence on the underside of Thai politics is yet to be seen. Maybe. Maybe not. 

In the mean while, those that are seemingly angst and uptight about everything Shinawatra need to get over themselves and get on with your lives.  

I don't think we can assume how it will finally play out, due to various factors.

Thaksin is everything for Pheu Thai.If he dies, has an incapacitating stroke, etc, the party is finished and will dissolve into factions.

Secondly, his fate is not in his hands. Things can change in a mercurial  moment. His freedom in Thailand will always be conditional.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm pretty sure that you understood my meaning.  The warden or  prison guards would not be visitors and they could reject medical treatment if they desired, but, again, a prison doctor would not be a visitor.   MPs are not prison officials and no prisoner would have to accept a forced visit from them.

Your 'meaning' is your responsibility.

Anyhow, since he is not in prison, it is all irrelevant.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, bannork said:

I don't think we can assume how it will finally play out, due to various factors.

Thaksin is everything for Pheu Thai.If he dies, has an incapacitating stroke, etc, the party is finished and will dissolve into factions.

Secondly, his fate is not in his hands. Things can change in a mercurial  moment. His freedom in Thailand will always be conditional.

"His freedom in Thailand will always be conditional."  

Good point and I'm sure this would be true.

This situation will I'm sure be a 2 way street, he gets benefits but also promises to do / not to do certain things. 

Edited by scorecard

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:
On 12/24/2023 at 8:41 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm pretty sure that you understood my meaning.  The warden or  prison guards would not be visitors and they could reject medical treatment if they desired, but, again, a prison doctor would not be a visitor.   MPs are not prison officials and no prisoner would have to accept a forced visit from them.

Anyhow, since he is not in prison, it is all irrelevant.

No, it is not irrelevant, he is detained (wherever he is) under the ultimate control and responsibility of the Department of Corrections, i.e. the prison authorities, under the advice of the doctors.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not irrelevant, he is detained (wherever he is) under the ultimate control and responsibility of the Department of Corrections, i.e. the prison authorities, under the advice of the doctors.

So you would like to think, I suspect not. 

• Agree 1