STM2, Penalty Acknowledgement Update & a Bank Detail Form

On 12/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, Madgee said:

I'm not sure if this is just our particular IO or if it's going to be a general thing. 

Or maybe just for those lucky retirees seeking retirement extensions at Roi-Et whose embassies still provide a monthly income confirmation service as an alternative to 800k in the bank? But a bit strange that Roi-Et seem more interested in where transfers end up in Thailand as opposed to their sources in the form of pension statements, etc.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, Madgee said:

Also, he had to fill in a new form concerning his Thai bank details with how much he transfers to Thailand every month. I'm not sure if this is just our particular IO or if it's going to be a general thing.  

Last October in Khon Kaen I used income letter for the first time.

Attached to the letter were two pension statements (in German language).

I explained what it is and officer was OK with it.

(I had prepared tons of copies about source and transfers also, unused)

Somewhat weird that you also had to show amount of transfers etc.?

I never care about these extra documents aside from TM7.

As you mention they can change any other year.

It's just filling personal data and signing. Done quickly at the office.

Little off topic:

For next extension I asked at KK about the 12 monthly transfer method.

It's available for ALL nationals whether or not they can get an income letter.

Besides the known requirements (bank book, bank letter, 12 month statement) I should also show some proof of income source (similar as for income statement).

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

But a bit strange that Roi-Et seem more interested in where transfers end up in Thailand as opposed to their sources in the form of pension statements, etc.

I was of the understanding that they were asking, by way of this form, about the amounts being transferred to Thailand, I presume the source would be in the embassy letter.

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Somewhat weird that you also had to show amount of transfers etc.?

Not me, I use a different method.
I have never seen an income letter from an embassy but I'm sure it provides the source and the total amount of income available, I'll have to ask him. I do know he doesn't make a transfer every month and he certainly transfers well under the amount per year that is required for the monthly income method. 

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I never care about these extra documents aside from TM7.

Some people do, that's why I made the effort to post about it.
Roi-et IO nearly always gives a copy of each plus the TM7 for use the following year.

On further 'interrogation' of my friend, he disclosed that this new form was in poor English and poorly copied so I'm now under the impression that it is a local thing unless others come across it elsewhere .... But why? 

Roi-Et IO is firm but fair and helpful. They did have a rogue officer for a while but after so many complaints against him, he got transferred. 

3 hours ago, Madgee said:

I presume the source would be in the embassy letter

My income letter as such only states the total income in Euro and the Baht equivalent from some current rate at date of issue. But attached (like notarized documents) are the two original pension statements.

And the general wording of "receiving a monthly pension".

Einkommen.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ