Public has not forgotten the backroom deals in August. Move Forward Party is even more popular

webfact

It's an army dictatorship hiding behind a gerrymandered fake democracy that would inflict a huge cost in blood if their power and wealth were ever seriously threatened even going Burma lite if that was needed. The best way out for Thais who want progressive politics and change is to leave the country.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

It was Thaksin's intention to install light weight Srettha to prepare the way for Ung Ing. He didn't even allow Srettha to be an MP for chrissakes and he has no faction of his own in the party. It is working out fine. Srettha is just a clown who does as he is told and racks up airmiles set up to sell land bridges that are known to be unviable but generate consulting fees for cronies.  When Srettha's credibility is at a low enough ebb, Thaksin will push him aside, blame him for all that has gone wrong and usher in the airhead Ung Ing as PM while he controls everything from behind her.

But coloured socks don't forget the coloured socks....

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, thesetat said:

Think you are wrong. Thai government will remain as it is. It is supported by the elite. 

Agreed, follow the guns and the money and anybody in the elite such as Thannkorn gets the 'you wouldn't want to lose your families fortune' pressure and the threat of Thaksinisation to shut up and stand down. He famously said he would die for freedom before getting the message to back down. People forget how bloody things have been and could become. But of course, they don't want to do that unless they really really had to.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_October_1976_massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Drum_killings

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Yet the public do absolutely nothing.

starting to look more and more like the west. except for france and muslim countries (who protest mostly against the usa) there are fewer and fewer people willing to protest. this might have something to do with the aging of the population. many years ago i asked my mother why she wasnt willing to protest. her answer was that she was too old and she didnt see a reason for it. sad...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nausea said:

Very true, protesting is a young man's game.

Except for a handful of aging members on this forum,

I didn't care about the politics here when I first arrived in the early 90's  I don't care about them now either.  I very much doubt any of the political factions have any intention of making things better for me personally, and even if they did the matter is totally out of my hands, so l continue to remain ambivalent about it all.

The rest of you should be careful what you wish for, things could be a lot worse  for the likes of us

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, Suua said:

I sincerely hope that all involved in the corrupt shenanigans that denied the result the people voted for, die of cancer in 2024.

I sincerely hope you are a Thai national  directly related to Pita,  otherwise your comment is just plain weird and more than a little disturbing