Phuket simplifies visa extensions with new online system

webfact

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is a listing for family of Thai national (souse, parent)

Family members of non Thai nationals.

2.19 Family member of a Thai residence (Non-Immigrant)

Only for family member of a foreigner (not Thai nationality) who has residence certificate and alien registration certificate of the alien granted residence permit in Thailand.

Criteria for Consideration

Foreigners are required to have previous Non-Immigrant visa before applying extension visa.

Required Accompanying Documents

1. TM. 7 application
  2. Copy of applicant’s passport (Bio page and Cover page)
  3. Photograph size 4 x 6 cm. (not more than 6 months)
  4. Visa and Entry stamp on passport
  5. Documents proving relationship, such as Marriage certificate, Birth certificate, Registration of child legitimization, Household registration certificate, Child adoption registration certificate or other evidence from the relevant government organization.
  6. In case the child, adopted child or child's spouse is over 20 years of age and unable to carry usual life alone because of illness or disability or in need of father or mother's support, applicant must submit the letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by doctor from hospital or relevant government medical institute.
  7. Residence certificate and alien registration certificate of the alien granted residence permit in Thailand.
  8. Proof of address notification

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Thank you. Step 3 makes this process soooo not simple 😂 and I bet part of the " necessary " docs is TM30 which means you would have to be in BKK until you get "approved". 

Ooops.  Slightly less good news, just done another application for my gf and they came back asking for TM30........

Samui sticks to their roots I can tell you.  I needed 4 residence certs for a DL renewal, International DP, a Green Book transfer and a bank account transfer.  Used to be able to hand them a photo and flash your passport. Now it will take 4 request forms, 8 passport copies, 4 tm 30 printouts,  3 separate trips to immigration AKA 4.5 hours of driving over two full weeks to accomplish what could be done online in 5 minutes or at least 1 immigration trip and a copy machine set to 3 copies but nope.  None of that techno mumbo jumbo going on down here. No wonder the office is jam packed and the office staff is overwhelmed as it should be. This is the true Thai way.  Phuket should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Many years to late, IF Implemented and why only Phuket?

Just proves that immigration offices can make up they own rules. 

Read the full story not what AN give us'

The E-Extension Visa service is currently available at Immigration Bureau 1 in Bangkok, as well as Immigration Offices in Chonburi, Phuket, and Chiang Mai. However, specific details of the E-Extension service for foreigners in Phuket have not yet been announced on the official Phuket Immigration website.

On 12/27/2023 at 1:05 PM, Andrew65 said:

I once did a visa extension in about 15 minutes at Jomtien, brilliant. Chaeng Wattana in BKK however, you could be there for up to 2 hours some days.

Once, nice. Better than never. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.

On 12/27/2023 at 11:12 AM, webfact said:

The essence of this initiative is captured in the motto, “Convenient, fast, safe, impressive.”

these words don't fit when speaking about Thailand, better "motto" would be = inconvenient, slow, unsafe, unimpressive

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, LikeItHot said:

Samui sticks to their roots I can tell you.  I needed 4 residence certs for a DL renewal, International DP, a Green Book transfer and a bank account transfer.  Used to be able to hand them a photo and flash your passport. Now it will take 4 request forms, 8 passport copies, 4 tm 30 printouts,  3 separate trips to immigration AKA 4.5 hours of driving over two full weeks to accomplish what could be done online in 5 minutes or at least 1 immigration trip and a copy machine set to 3 copies but nope.  None of that techno mumbo jumbo going on down here. No wonder the office is jam packed and the office staff is overwhelmed as it should be. This is the true Thai way.  Phuket should be ashamed of themselves. 

Oh, the resident certificate, the tm30, the 90 day reporting, all joy of residing in Thailand. Imagine if they could enter our address somewhere online, and all government departments could look it up using the name and passport number...(and we could update it when changed), let's keep dreaming... 😜