Thailand wants to see far more US and Canadian tourists as long-haul visitors spend twice as much

webfact

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Just come right on in. This is an open door policy. The number of triads, illegal workers, scammers, and outright criminals will skyrocket

But fair is fair. The number Thai scammers, criminals, cheats, insane drivers, thugs menacing poor hapless farang, uppity types not displaying proper servility, as identified on the forum constantly, in China will also skyrocket, while decreasing in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

No way as an American would want to land in the PRC.

Deflection. You said, "you've never seen." Now you have. You're welcome.

Americans "land" in PRC all the time and more. I have. Nobody cares if you want to or not.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, BigStar said:

Deflection. You said, "you've never seen." Now you have. You're welcome.

Americans "land" in PRC all the time and more. I have. Nobody cares if you want to or not.

Sorry, did not mean for my reply to sound challenging.  Just given the current political tension between the US and PRC, I would find it a bit risky. Would not like to have them pull me over in the layover and be held for some cockamamie reason just because they needed a political prisoner.  Went through the PRC about 7 years ago and because the back of my passport had the tiniest dog eared lamination separation, was taken aside from my family, grilled, and almost missed missed the flight.  Never fly through there again after that.  I just looked up Xiamen for the flight back for this tax season and find they are not offering the CNX to LAX at this time.  Thanks for your input.  Have a GREAT New Year!

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Sorry, did not mean for my reply to sound challenging.  Just given the current political tension between the US and PRC, I would find it a bit risky. Would not like to have them pull me over in the layover and be held for some cockamamie reason just because they needed a political prisoner.  Went through the PRC about 7 years ago and because the back of my passport had the tiniest dog eared lamination separation, was taken aside from my family, grilled, and almost missed missed the flight.  Never fly through there again after that.  I just looked up Xiamen for the flight back for this tax season and find they are not offering the CNX to LAX at this time.  Thanks for your input.  Have a GREAT New Year!

It's also worth remembering that two totally innocent Canadians were snatched off Beijing streets and held prisoner for two years (because the Canadians -aka Trudeau -  stupidly carried out the orders of Washington to arrest the Huawei  heiress when she changed planes in Vancouver).

The incident did have the value of demonstrating without doubt that your country will never protect you in political disputes between countries (other than sending an embassy staffer to see if you have enough noodles to eat).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/30/2023 at 11:36 AM, digger70 said:

Born as Men/Males use the Mens rest  room .

Born as Women/Females use the Ladies rest room.

That's what it is ,No Males going in the Ladies Restroom.  No Females going in theMens rest room.

There are Two different rest rooms for a reason, To Protect Our children from Problem Indecent Acts.

I won't let my daugther going by herslf going into the Ladies room if  I know there's A Man inside No matter what Anyone says.

There are two Sexes  It doesn't matter what some people Think what they are, they might say I feel like a Flower today. tomorrow I may  feel like a dog, that's completely nuts.I be a Horse today. 

Get rel stick to the factsMale/Female Not Wannabes.     

What does it mean to wannabe someone?
1. : a person who wants or aspires to be someone or something else or who tries to look or act like someone else. 2. : something (such as a company, city, or product) intended to rival another of its kind that has been successful. especially : one for which hopes have failed or are likely to fail.Nov 20, 2566 BE

you may want to check with the ladyboy population here? 

33 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I just looked up Xiamen for the flight back for this tax season and find they are not offering the CNX to LAX at this time. 

Well, if I were interested in the savings (under $1000), then I'd just take domestic flights CNX-BKK and Xiamen BKK-LAX. The "risk" doesn't bother me.

It is interesting that a simple article about the TAT wanting to attract more Canadian and US long term travellers provokes so many twisted souls to post uninformed and frankly stupid messages insulting Canadians. We are not all Justin Trudeau and, given that the chances of him being Prime Minister after the next election are steadily dwindling, these hosers will have to come up with something else.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2