Indian Tourists Brawl with Thai People on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What caused the incident was an Indian woman crossed the road to confront a Thai woman. Why she did that we don't know. But that is what started the incident. Seems clear enough to me. Maybe you didn't read that far down, so here it is:
an Indian woman, for unknown reasons, crossed the road and confronted a Thai woman, triggering the physical altercation.

So, you're not going to accept the Thai "lady" might have made an offensive comment, which could have sparked the confrontation... you have a "protect" the Thais at all cost attitude... yep, I stand by my assessment of you.. a troll.

Perhaps the dawning of a new age of Thai-Indian tourism, and the Thais will show their feelings in a subtle Thai way, such as quality of service (of which there will be little of either). 

The fight started when an Indian said that Mussaman curry is not curry.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Perhaps the dawning of a new age of Thai-Indian tourism, and the Thais will show their feelings in a subtle Thai way, such as quality of service (of which there will be little of either). 

Too sweet to be curry?

5 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Thailand wants mass tourism from India and unfortunately this seems to have attracted the dregs of their society.  Especially in Pattaya.

Pattaya attracts the dregs of Thai society and the dregs from europe, and the west.

But you can not deny it is a fun place.

If I was there i would have jumped in and helped out the Thais.

Just for fun.

12 minutes ago, bendejo said:

My EX does Thai massage now. She absolutely hate massaging Indians.

They don't do anything wrong, but when they "tell" her where to massage more (i.e. a painful area), she can't accept it. 

I suppose she finds massaging them demeaning cos she feels superior. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

So, you're not going to accept the Thai "lady" might have made an offensive comment, which could have sparked the confrontation... you have a "protect" the Thais at all cost attitude... yep, I stand by my assessment of you.. a troll.

You can assess if you like, but I'd say that I doubt a Thai woman would have shouted an offensive comment across the road (why would she?), so insulting that the Indian came over to confront her. You are entitled to have a different view, of course. As for protecting Thais, others comment that I take every opportunity to criticise Thais. You can't both be right.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

PHOTO: สยามชล นิวส์

Pattaya — Foreign tourists, reported to be of Indian nationality, engaged in a violent brawl with Thai people right on Pattaya Beach Road early today, sending shockwaves through the city just one day before its New Year’s celebration.

For those interested, the video of the incident. Keep in mind, although nobody was seriously injured and the video is not graphic, extremely sensitive viewers should use caution. https://fb.watch/pd1DYdAKjL/?mibextid=Nif5oz

On December 28th, 2023, at dawn, local residents and joggers running along Pattaya Beach captured the shocking incident on video, which quickly went viral on Thai social media. The roughly one-minute clip depicted Thai and Indian people, both men and women, exchanging blows in the middle of busy Pattaya Beach Road near Soi 13 in the Nongprue sub-district.

image.jpeg

PHOTO: สยามชล นิวส์

The video showed individuals wielding dangerous objects like sticks over a meter long, belts, glass bottles, and even metal kitchen ladles. The aggressive behavior brought traffic on part of Beach Road to a standstill as onlookers feared getting caught in the crossfire. Despite the distressed cries of women in the vicinity, no one dared in

Seem pretty obvious what happened.

Two groups, one drunk Thais other (less) drunk Indians out all night (one working, one partying) passed each other.

Thai group insulted India women , probably in Thai thinking a farang wouldn't understand and they could laugh behind their backs at them. However Indians frequently have a far better grasp of foreign languages due to their multiple dialects at home.

Indian woman demand apology, Thais never admit their in wrong, so Thai woman attacks Indian woman (for loss of face) and men join in as its All Thais vs one Farange to them). Indian males are now pissed off and unlike western Farangs are used to street fights so they don't back off and try to avoid confrontation, they want to defend their female friend.

Results.. Thais get a good kicking. Shape of things to come....

Edited by Ricardo99
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Thailand wants mass tourism from India...China and Russia as well and unfortunately this seems to have attracted the dregs of their society.  Especially in Pattaya.

had to add another  couple words to your post, hope you don't mind

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What caused the incident was an Indian woman crossed the road to confront a Thai woman. Why she did that we don't know. But that is what started the incident. Seems clear enough to me. Maybe you didn't read that far down, so here it is:
an Indian woman, for unknown reasons, crossed the road and confronted a Thai woman, triggering the physical altercation.

So, you're not going to accept the Thai "lady" might have made an offensive comment, which could have sparked the confrontation... you have a "protect" the Thais at all cost attitude... yep, I stand by my assessment of you.. a troll

Some Thais have a short temper. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thai woman slapped or hit the Indian woman after a verbal exchange. Maybe some other Thais then joined in, prompting Indian bystanders to intervene. (Not saying it happened exactly like that, but having seen a few physical altercations between Thais, as well as between Thais and foreigners, I wouldn't be surprised.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Thailand wants mass tourism from India and unfortunately this seems to have attracted the dregs of their society.  Especially in Pattaya.

Where, coincidentally, the dregs of Thai society are also prone to gravitate to. leading to incidents like this, Can't say I'm bothered or surprised  

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Some Thais have a short temper. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thai woman slapped or hit the Indian woman after a verbal exchange. Maybe some other Thais then joined in, prompting Indian bystanders to intervene. (Not saying it happened exactly like that, but having seen a few physical altercations between Thais, as well as Thais and foreigners, I wouldn't be surprised.)

True. But that doesn't explain how it started, with the Indian crossing the road to confront the Thai. We'll never know, I suppose.