Indian Tourists Brawl with Thai People on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Indian's are usually placid. Picking up weapons escalates it, lucky Thais didn't get their guns out

I was in Hanoi earlier this year with family from the UK.

In the hotel, there were two large groups of Indian Sikhs with their families.

They were not placid. I was surprised, I have seen bad manners displayed regularly to women by Pakistanis, but never Indians.

They are quite aggressive, rude, ill-mannered and very demanding towards the female waitresses and not much better towards the male staff.

The Vietnamese receptionist told me later that Indians were always like this when they visited and treated them like servants as opposed to waiting staff.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Pattaya attracts the dregs of every society. 

Thailand, in general, isn't known as a quality tourist destination.

Sh*t attracts flies. 

Describing all of us foreigners in Thailand - no exceptions

:cheesy:

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

of course that some are Indians but the young ones we get here as tourists are pretty

feisty one...

Thais are feisty too, especially young ones. Young Middle Easterners are feisty, and British nationals behave entitled wherever they go.

I put this more as a global generational thing in modern society that down to specific nations.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try reading the linked article. Then you might need to guess.

The linked article says very little, except it escalated after an Indian woman approached a Thai woman over a dispute, then the usual 'pack mentality 'broke out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deserted said:

If you know Pattaya and go to the bars and chat to the girls almost all of them will tell you the guys they avoid the most are the Chinese and the Indians for many reasons, one of them being they like to slap women about. 

"no India man"😄

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I worked with very many Indians overseas for many years, always very & laid-back friendly people, never had a problem with any of them.

I have found Indians to be generally good and helpful.

This, as I mentioned in another post, seems to have started as an isolated incident between an Indian woman and a Thai woman and escalated quickly.

Once it reaches this stage, Thais are not good at 'de-escalation 'they reach the violent levels of no return and worry about the consequences of it afterwards.

• Like 1

This is what I think.

I think we can all agree that there's certainly been a lot of gold chain snatch thefts in the last couple of years, which appear to have disproportionately affected Indian male tourists. Drugging and robbery crimes seem to disproportionately involve middle-eastern and Indian tourists as well.

It's also undeniable that there is a lot of racial animosity directed towards Indians and middle-easterners on this website, with much of it seemingly emanating from the Pattaya forum. (I've long seen this as a sexual playground turf war for dominance between Westerners and other ethnic groups.) If Pattaya's expat community and Western business owners are as vocal in real life as they often are on this forum about their disdain for Indians and middle-easterners, is it not conceivable that this type of racial animosity towards Indian and middle-eastern tourists has seeped into the Thai community? Please don't come back and say Thais hate Indians more than Westerners, as this is patently untrue and just an ill-informed myth. And for God's sake don't trot out that hackneyed chestnut about Thais saying, "If you see a snake and an Indian, kill the Indian first."

So I am wondering if a mentality that middle-eastern and Indian tourists are second-class and undesirable tourists and that taking advantage of them either by providing sub-standard service, mistreating, over-charging, or otherwise ripping them off  might have taken root, and whether this might not be the underlying root cause of these tensions?

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

What caused the incident was an Indian woman crossed the road to confront a Thai woman. Why she did that we don't know. But that is what started the incident. Seems clear enough to me. Maybe you didn't read that far down, so here it is:
an Indian woman, for unknown reasons, crossed the road and confronted a Thai woman, triggering the physical altercation.

Which leaves it wide open for guesswork and the conspiracy theories of ASEAN Now super sleuth detectives.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Looking forward to that......

Let's start: The Indian woman recognised a Thai vendor who sold her short earlier in the day when the Indian received only three pieces of pineapple instead of four.

That will be good enough for a brawl, I mean, she has 10 kids to feed with those four chunks.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Pattaya attracts the dregs of every society. 

Thailand, in general, isn't known as a quality tourist destination.

Sh*t attracts flies. 

I thought the following is an appropriate answer to this...

WhatsAppImage2023-12-29at06_46.23_b4ff5c4d.jpg.8dca7461754cb5da4e091f0637085908.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Thais are a racist bunch.

They look down on Cambodians and Burmese and feel superior. For what reason I do not know.

Thais that I know are not carried away with Indians, they say they smell, are cheap charlies, they don't spend, they show off, and are untrustworthy.

That is not my personal view, by the way.

They aren't particularly keen on the Thai Chinese, who they view as vultures, opportunistic and cold-hearted.

Mainland Chinese, they view with a sense of bemusement.

I get this view of the Thai Chinese, as many in Isaarn have lost their land to them, after borrowing against it.

.......also Laotians. And many Thais look down on Isaan folk.

They ain't a fan of Africans either, to put it mildly.

And they dislike muslims in general, even their own!

I wonder, if it ever crossed their mind that some people look at them the way they look at Indians.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjakob007 said:

true

tourists from india that in have met in other parts of Thailand are not of same class that i can come across in pattaya. 

in pattaya they are in droves and really appear to be low life

Just got back from Krabi, 5 star hotel packed with Indians. These were not the dregs of society by any stretch. No real complaints but when waiting in line for something they sure do enter my personal space a bit too much.