Online Appointment Booking - Korat Immigration

Thanks, so how does the process work ? The girl helpers check your paperwork first to ensure that its all correct and complete which it never is as they produce forms for completion that are not available online (one form is only available in Thai) so i assume the appointment time is with these helper girls not an IO. 

These girls are always very busy helping farangs complete the paperwork so i can't quite see how this appointment process is going to work in a timely manner. 

NB - My extension is done using the 65K monthly income method.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

35 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

These girls are always very busy helping farangs complete the paperwork so i can't quite see how this appointment process is going to work in a timely manner. 

Yep I only became aware of this during my visit earlier on this week, so it is new to me as well and I have not used it yet.

You make your booking Online, then when you arrive at Immigration you go straight to 'Window 3' the Right Hand Side window.

The person at Window 3 checks your papers and when correct gives you your queue number to see Immigration Officer.

Where this system really helps is if there is a random turn up, you will get priority because of your booking time.

I would assume this way Immigration know how many planned people are coming in any one day and can plan for that!!

Who knows... If this is a trial and successful - it may become the only and new normal way to visit!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Yep I only became aware of this during my visit earlier on this week, so it is new to me as well and I have not used it yet.

You make your booking Online, then when you arrive at Immigration you go straight to 'Window 3' the Right Hand Side window.

The person at Window 3 checks your papers and when correct gives you your queue number to see Immigration Officer.

Where this system really helps is if there is a random turn up, you will get priority because of your booking time.

I would assume this way Immigration know how many planned people are coming in any one day and can plan for that!!

Who knows... If this is a trial and successful - it may become the only and new normal way to visit!

Thanks for the info, the one issue i can foresee is anyone who is waiting in line at 'Window 3' to have their paperwork checked is going to be pissed off if you are perceived to be queue jumping. 

I asked about this in relation to the Jomtien office a few weeks ago. Making the appointment is simple, but there was no explanation how you then converted the appointment into a queue number for the service you wanted, and nobody was able to explain it to me. I've no idea what Window 3 at Korat is, in Jomtien we just have the First Queue where you join a lengthy line of people to have your paperwork checked and get a queue number. I doubt you'll be very popular with anyone, farang or the Thai staff, if you just try barging in at the front of that lot with your appointment slip.

Edited by Rimmer
email address /quoted post removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I've no idea what Window 3 at Korat is

From memory its just a staffed window that checks your paperwork and i can never remember there not being a queue of farangs seated waiting their turn . I have to say that Korat IO is imo somewhat confusing to say the least in respect of the correct queue to join but the helpful girls will soon point you to your correct queue BUT i can see problems when you try to jump the queue at your allotted appointment time, hopefully the girls will be managing the issue.

We will see lol   

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks, so how does the process work ? The girl helpers check your paperwork first to ensure that its all correct and complete which it never is as they produce forms for completion that are not available online (one form is only available in Thai) so i assume the appointment time is with these helper girls not an IO. 

NB - My extension is done using the 65K monthly income method.

The appointment time is your allotted window to visit with the IO.  You'll need to arrive early enough before that to have your paperwork examined.

I believe there are dual queues once you've had your papers checked.  I may be mistaken, but I recall the number call screen in the waiting area having two rosters.

You must inform the checker of papers that you have an appointment to confirm your arrival to be entered into the appointment queue, otherwise you'll be entered into the random-dude-wandered-in-off-the-street queue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks.  My renewal is due end of Feb so I'll give it a go.  As an aside, does anyone know if Korat still requires the Bank letter to be dated the same day as application?  Bit of a pain as it means the earliest I can get there is near 9.30.  Getting the letter the previous day would mean I'd have a fighting chance of getting out of there before lunch!

7 minutes ago, Gashead said:

Thanks.  My renewal is due end of Feb so I'll give it a go.  As an aside, does anyone know if Korat still requires the Bank letter to be dated the same day as application?  Bit of a pain as it means the earliest I can get there is near 9.30.  Getting the letter the previous day would mean I'd have a fighting chance of getting out of there before lunch!

Luxury....Have to travel from Pak Chong, that means banging on the door of

BKK Bank at 830am sharp, out by 9am, then a 90 minute dash to Korat to arrive

10.30am.Can usually squeeze in just before lunch. Will try appointment next time.   

10 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Luxury....Have to travel from Pak Chong, that means banging on the door of

BKK Bank at 830am sharp, out by 9am, then a 90 minute dash to Korat to arrive

10.30am.Can usually squeeze in just before lunch. Will try appointment next time.   

Why not go to a branch first thing in korat,that's what I do . You don't have to use the branch of your home town. And the branches in korat have a clearer idea of exactly what immigration want too.

I come up from Pakchong too.  I get my letter from the BBK Branch about 10 mins from the Imm Office in Korat.  I try to get there for 8.30 and depending on queues I can be out of there before 9.  So 9.15 is probably a good time to get there.

7 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I come up from Pakchong too.  I get my letter from the BBK Branch about 10 mins from the Imm Office in Korat.  I try to get there for 8.30 and depending on queues I can be out of there before 9.  So 9.15 is probably a good time to get there.

Good idea, but have always had concerns that if there is an

issue at the bank it will have been a wasted journey and need

to return another day.

Can you pinpoint the branch you use. 

14 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Good idea, but have always had concerns that if there is an

issue at the bank it will have been a wasted journey and need

to return another day.

Can you pinpoint the branch you use. 

Go past the turning for Immigration (on your left) and the BBK Bank branch is around 5kms  further on, again on your left.  Might be a bit further, but not much.  I've been using it for the last 5 years and never had a problem.

13 minutes ago, Gashead said:

Go past the turning for Immigration (on your left) and the BBK Bank branch is around 5kms  further on, again on your left.  Might be a bit further, but not much.  I've been using it for the last 5 years and never had a problem.

Thanks, will give it a go.

If any problems be round to see you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Online Appointment Booking.

This isn't worth the effort ,  down South where we are.

We made appointment 2 years in a row ,got them verified  with an E mail from Imm.

Went to Imm at the appointment time.Showed the foot soldier the appointment  and told him that we had an appointment the foot soldier just didn't look at them and told us to wait just discarded the appointment paper.

On 12/29/2023 at 1:13 PM, Gashead said:

2 bank letters.  You need the guarantee letter with the current balance, and you need a 2-month statement.

I'm pretty sure the letter needs to be same day.  Just reserve the last slot before lunch to get out before lunch.

Bangkok Bank is on the same main road as immigration, same side.  Keep heading north, pass Makro and Home Pro, then another km or so.

2 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks - I just took a look only 1 Q - COVID VISA ?? and can any one translate BOI? (before anyone picks it up that's actually 2 Qs)

1. No longer exists

2. Board of Investment.

• Thanks 1