What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

On 1/2/2024 at 9:59 PM, Seppius said:

2ND series of The Tourist is out, not watched it yet, 1st one was good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11847842/

I second the motion for the tourist. First season is set in the Australian outback, stars James Dornan. A man has his car run into by a truck and wakes up in a hospital with total amnesia. Now he has to find out who he is and what he's done. Lots of twists and turns and good performances all around. I got on TPB.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 11:54 AM, Henk Langeweg said:

1337x

On 1/5/2024 at 11:06 AM, mikebell said:

I can't find a new series with Michelle Yeoh set in Taipei called The Brothers Sun.  I've only looked on TPB. Trailer looks good - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17632862/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2_tt_7_nm_1_q_The%20Broth

I got it on TGX, it was a fast download. Great show.

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone is interested in Football / Soccer --but "Torrent Day"  seems to get "Match of the Day" etc...... a lot earlier then any other download site I have seen........

• Like 1

Just watching BBC2 The Detectives - Fighting Organised Crime looks like a good one. 

Filmed around Manchester, The last series was 2021. I noticed there was a new series (S04) last November. It took a little time to discover online as it seems to be mislabeled S01. The 3 files are suffixed, ‘taking down an OCG’

10 hours ago, recom273 said:

Just watching BBC2 The Detectives - Fighting Organised Crime looks like a good one. 

Filmed around Manchester, The last series was 2021. I noticed there was a new series (S04) last November. It took a little time to discover online as it seems to be mislabeled S01. The 3 files are suffixed, ‘taking down an OCG’

I've been looking for season 1-3 . Where did you find it ?

Vera is back..................Pet

I a year ---Just 4 episodes ....rated 8.1 IMDB......... Season 13...Lots of hints its the last one.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This one hooked me in.

Don't recall watching a South African series before.

This one about a serial killer of children in a small town.

Turns out there are a lot of SA shows about crime -- not very surprising.

This one reminds of a SA version of a Scandanavian noir crime show.

I watched this a while back and enjoyed it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, touch said:

I've been looking for season 1-3 . Where did you find it ?

It was from a few years back 2020-21  - there was 3 series of 2-4 episodes, there was this series on BBC2, 24 hours in police custody on C4 and one on sky, that focused on Liverpool, all interesting - I was a little saddened at the outcome of S04, they got the bad guys for a long time, but the ending was a bit sad, you need to watch the final credits and do a google .. 

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

It was from a few years back 2020-21  - there was 3 series of 2-4 episodes, there was this series on BBC2, 24 hours in police custody on C4 and one on sky, that focused on Liverpool, all interesting - I was a little saddened at the outcome of S04, they got the bad guys for a long time, but the ending was a bit sad, you need to watch the final credits and do a google .. 

Thanks, I'll try and find them again , having problems finding "The Met- Policing London" as well.

Silent Witness......... BBC--Season 27................. now in its 28 year.  10 episodes 2 out now.  IMDB  7.9/ 10

2episodes out now

------------

Blurb---

A fine example of British drama
Each new case is original, well constructed and thoughtfully presented. They remain topical, without the feeling of an after-school special relating to current affairs.
Unlike shoddy American drama, the focus is on the storyline and character development. The reason that dialogue is not snappy and constant is because it would turn the characters into one of the "Friends" brigade - where cheap laughs are more important than the integrity of the character.
The show is challenging - plots and subplots intertwine cleverly, meaning it's not a "background" show, but one which is completely consuming for the viewer.
The honest make-up/autopsy scenes. These just fit, without being sensationalist, and add to the realistic feeling of the show.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Contrary to what the video title below says, the movie has now dropped. Though going by the reviews, that may not necessarily be a good thing.

Napoleon - Storm Review 60" - Only In Cinemas Now (youtube.com)

Is it the four-hour directors cut? I would not bother with the two-and-a-half-hour version. 

Just now, LosLobo said:

For the one reviewed in IMDB it seems to be the 2hr 38 min one.

Napoleon (2023) - IMDb

Yes, same movie, but there is supposed to be a four-hour directors cut coming out on Apple TV. 

I saw the shorter version at the theater and was thought it was kind of silly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting premise...

Monsieur Spade, six episode series on AMC, premiers 14 January.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoRPIEtbcBM

Miss Scarlet and the Duke, Season 4 (Masterpiece/PBS) has begun, six episodes weekly. I found it challenging to find this first episode, but I did find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQVGTnPgJc4

I greatly enjoyed  The Brothers Sun on Netflix.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Contrary to what the video title below says, the movie has now dropped. Though going by the reviews, that may not necessarily be a good thing.

Napoleon - Storm Review 60" - Only In Cinemas Now (youtube.com)

I enjoyed it, the French hated it, but it broke records there

I guess they did not like all the French characters talking English:smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

I enjoyed it, the French hated it, but it broke records there

I enjoyed it, I just thought it was silly.

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

I guess they did not like all the French characters talking English:smile:

I imagine it had more to do with a French hero and one of the greatest military strategists being portrayed as something of a fool. 

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

Dropping now. Should be in the regular channels shortly.

Criminal Record

In the heart of contemporary London, an anonymous phone call draws two brilliant detectives into a confrontation over an old murder case, one a young woman in the early stages of her career; the other a well-connected man determined to protect his legacy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21088136/

image.png

Thanks @gargamon. Looks like it might be good. I'll keep an eye out for the complete season to appear.

24 Hours in Police Custody

The last special "Murder on Camera" is two-parter which has gained some media attention.
Series 16 episodes 4 and 5.

Both available on TPB.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:16 PM, LosLobo said:

The one I am watching and the one reviewed in IMDB, is the 2hr 38 min version.

Napoleon (2023) - IMDb

I searched for it and found it on 1337x but the ones featured there were the HD TS versions which are usually poor quality, and the only other ones were the 265 versions which are usually far too big for me to download, and anyway my TV doesn't accept them?? 

What to do – – possibly wait until I can see a good 264 version, and/or search on another platform?