What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

On 1/1/2024 at 2:38 AM, mstevens said:

This is my favourite thread on the entire AseanNow platform. I've taken on board a lot recommendations from posts in this thread and have enjoyed many TV series and movies because of it. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread!

Echo the above; it has provided endless hours of viewing.

Here's 2 to look out for: Fool Me Once - from the Harlan Coben company;

Series 2 of The Tourist - removed to Ireland from the land of Oz.

Not seen either yet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/1/2024 at 1:39 PM, xylophone said:

No I didn't miss the description of the department he heads, and one of the reasons why it's called "Slow Horses". All the same it is a government department which he heads up and although he may not care about the Department, surely he has to care about his personal hygiene??

No point in going on about this because it's purely my personal viewpoint and in all of the other many detective series/police series/adventure series I have seen, no one has been this ridiculously filthy.

don't forget 'slow horses' does not exist, its fiction, someone made it all up to sell a book i expect.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, steve187 said:

don't forget 'slow horses' does not exist, its fiction, someone made it all up to sell a book i expect.

Jeez..........I know that Steve, and I have mentioned it before, although it's only a made up/fictional series, why would the author/creator decide to create someone as dirty/filthy/unwashed as Jackson Lamb? And supposedly working in a government department, although I'm sure that the creator would have a good chuckle at the posters on here who think, or who think that I think, that it's real!

I'll give everyone something else to play around with – – Santa Claus doesn't really exist. 

1 hour ago, NotEinstein said:

I really enjoyed the award winning British comedy series Detectorists https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4082744/  that I discovered last year.

I also found a torrent of the complete box set of Rumpole of the Bailey - they don't make 'em like that any more......

I loved the Detectorists, tried my hardest to get my daughter interested but she wasn’t having it …… kids today !! ( she’s 35 )

Toby Jones , of Detectorists fame, is in a new U.K. drama entitled Mr Bates v The Post Office:

” One of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British legal history where hundreds of innocent sub-postmasters and postmistresses were wrongly accused of theft, fraud and false accounting due to a defective IT system. “
Wonder if they tried turning it off and back on again 🤔

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27867155/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

A 4 part mini drama showing now on ITV, might not be easy to find just yet but i am sure is worth searching for.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 5:56 PM, NotEinstein said:

I also found a torrent of the complete box set of Rumpole of the Bailey - they don't make 'em like that any more......

Yer Great series NE....... and a great writer , John Mortimer as a QC gave a lot of his time Pro Bono --one of the more famous ones being his defense of the Oz magazine charged in 1971  of "Conspiracy to corrupt and debauch the morals of the young of the Realm", which carried a sentence of 12 years' hard labour & which defeat tended to change the laws of obscenity in the UK. (& there are many TV programs & films on that court case)

He also defended the Sex pistols right to print the word <deleted>.... on their best selling record-Never Mind the <deleted>, ...Its a long list especially defending Gay writing----- "Last Exit to Brooklyn,-- Little red school book --- The Love That Dares to Speak Its Name; He help change (remove) the outdated law of Blasphemy, (in a religious sense, refers to great disrespect shown to God) So Many other court case wins--mainly Gay writings.

But he is of course most famous  for Rumple--a great TV series.............:coffee1:

He wrote as a play for the BBC   in the 1960s---a very moving piece about his life---A voyage around My father. Which was latter turned into a TV  1 hour---had the UK top actors (Allan Bate Laurence Olivier...etc) its still around,

His Father , although Blinded still carried on as a QC...... The Father would take on a defense case (no one in the family ever prosecuted) they would get on a train to London--where the mother would then read the entire prosecution  case (statements etc) to the father, who on arrival would march into the court and tear it apart. Laurence Olivier Plays a great as the father.

• Love It 1

Edit on above.......

seems ASEAN hasnt caught up with the change of law on the B....Locks that happen 51 years ago....... so in case your confused ----their record album

Never_Mind_the_Bollocks_Heres_the_Sex_Pistols.png.b39210de9ab73246b9c30c11d212191a.png

• Thanks 1

Attenborough and the Giant Sea Monster

This was great.

150 million years ago dinosaurs ruled the land, but the oceans were dominated by a mysterious sea monster. Sir David Attenborough joins two of the UK’s most intrepid fossil hunters on their perilous expedition to excavate the skull from its resting place 12 metres up in the cliffs of Dorset.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

TrueLove................6 episodes weekly release---- Ch 4  crime/thriller..........IMDB 7.6 / 10

A group of old friends reunited at a funeral make a drunken pact.

Rather than let each other suffer a slow and painful decline they would engineer a dignified death.

But what starts out as a fanciful idea soon morphs into shocking reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2023 at 6:31 PM, novacova said:

Don’t watch much television though watching Thai mayhem on Amarin news is quite entertaining.

Ch32 and 34 in the morning, the mayhem starts 6am!