BYD Èlectric cars will overtake Tesla in 2024

CharlieH

Why no longer " Made in Europe" ?, because governments didn't/don't like it . All manufacturing had to leave and the few now which remain , are facing huge bills because of CO2 exhaust . They do not want them either . If they are Made in China , governments do not care at all .

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

And the bad car names continue into the next year.  BYD, Good Cat.  At least Tesla is a good name.  Easy to say in any language, historical meaning, looks good, two syllables.

You are looking at names from a western perspective. In China for example, a good cat has symbolic and cultural importance. LKY supposedly once said, it doesn’t matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice, it’s a good cat (the addition of the ‘good’ is mine) lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

At least Tesla is a good name.  Easy to say in any language, historical meaning, looks good, two syllables.

Just like Good Cat, then.  What makes "Tesla" a "good name"?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

At least Tesla is a good name.

Good? Tesla goes along with iphone and vegan. They have a Tesla not a car and will tell you. They have a iphone not a phone and will tell you and they are vegan and will tell you. 

So you will hear this people tell you I open my Tesla with my iphone, then sit on the vegan leather and eat a vegan snack on the way to Starbucks to get a vegan coffee. Then I charge my vegan Tesla with vegan electricity produced with farts from Elon and pay with Apple pay from my iphone. Talk about bubble.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

This is a classic example of western thinking and prejudice and why the west will continue to lose competitiveness in the global arena. Most of us on the forum have many decades of living and most of us grew up at a time when China was among the poorest countries in the world. We cannot fathom or comprehend the leaps and bounds it has made in the last 30-40 years.

I recently read a report that stated that China is leading the world in more than 50% of industries. Leading drone manufacturer, China. Leading EV manufacturer, China. Leading battery manufacturer, China. Two of the only countries in the world with hypersonic missiles, China and Russia. Space exploration, China is up there with NASA and ESA. The list goes on. China is producing more STEM graduates every year than any other country on earth. 

Just look around and chances are that 50% or more are made in China. It really is time for some to take off their blinkers and face facts.

You better pray they connect the brake switches/ lines to the correct wheels then, as they did not on their HGV I've worked on, it has nothing to do with prejudice, just years of experience, their assembly lines need to be addressed, they are trying to produce as quick as they can, which leaves staff, under pressure to assemble in the time allotted to them. its not the Technology, its who puts it together in their factories and their system.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HighPriority said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just like Good Cat, then.  What makes "Tesla" a "good name"?

The cat just gave 3 reasons he thinks Tesla is a good name and of course you need more ?

My point was that, using his criteria, "Good Cat" as a name is just as good as "Tesla".   Who's "the cat"?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, CHdiver said:

Good? Tesla goes along with iphone and vegan. They have a Tesla not a car and will tell you. They have a iphone not a phone and will tell you and they are vegan and will tell you. 

So you will hear this people tell you I open my Tesla with my iphone, then sit on the vegan leather and eat a vegan snack on the way to Starbucks to get a vegan coffee. Then I charge my vegan Tesla with vegan electricity produced with farts from Elon and pay with Apple pay from my iphone. Talk about bubble.

You missed out "woke". Come on, if you're having a cliche fest at least do it properly.

I think Tesla is a good name as it is named after Nikola Tesla who was a visionary electrical engineer and inventor. Naming your electric car brand after him is a good  way of honouring him and it immediately says what you are about as a company. I don't like Teslas much although I admire the technology in them, but is a good name.

The rest of your post is just weird. A Tesla is a car. If someone drives a Tesla and they are asked what car they drive they will say "Tesla". By the way I like EVs, I like meat, I like leather.

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You better pray they connect the brake switches/ lines to the correct wheels then, as they did not on their HGV I've worked on, it has nothing to do with prejudice, just years of experience, their assembly lines need to be addressed, they are trying to produce as quick as they can, which leaves staff, under pressure to assemble in the time allotted to them. its not the Technology, its who puts it together in their factories and their system.

So we are supposed to take your word, as a mechanic, that you worked on a Chinese made vehicle (that someone else might have worked on and screwed up) that was unroadworthy as the brakes were connected wrongly in the factory. It’s a wonder that said truck was able to be driven to your workshop without hitting anything to help it stop.

You do (or maybe not) realise how ridiculous your claim sounds? Thousands upon thousands of vehicles roll off assembly lines in China and are driven millions of miles by owners and yet we don’t hear of accidents due to brake failure caused by erroneous connections. BYD is the biggest supplier of electric buses and yet we don’t hear of these buses crashing on a daily basis due to faulty brake connections from the plant.

It would help if you could link your claim to a verified article or accident report that states undeniably that the manufacturer was producing unsafe vehicles and that this company has been taken to court and sued into bankruptcy.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

My point was that, using his criteria, "Good Cat" as a name is just as good as "Tesla".   Who's "the cat"?

Chris Daley wrote above “Easy to say in any language, historical meaning, looks good, two syllables”

Thats 3 reasons why he thinks it’s a good name (Tesla)

Read it a couple of times to ensure comprehension and then read it a couple of times to correct grammar. 

What are your 3 reasons for Good Cat being a good car brand, even though it’s been said to be a model ?

1 minute ago, HighPriority said:

What are your 3 reasons for Good Cat being a good car brand, even though it’s been said to be a model ?

Exactly the same reasons as those given for Tesla.   I thought that the number of syllables in the name was particularly good.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1