BYD Èlectric cars will overtake Tesla in 2024

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

So we are supposed to take your word, as a mechanic, that you worked on a Chinese made vehicle (that someone else might have worked on and screwed up) that was unroadworthy as the brakes were connected wrongly in the factory. It’s a wonder that said truck was able to be driven to your workshop without hitting anything to help it stop.

You do (or maybe not) realise how ridiculous your claim sounds? Thousands upon thousands of vehicles roll off assembly lines in China and are driven millions of miles by owners and yet we don’t hear of accidents due to brake failure caused by erroneous connections. BYD is the biggest supplier of electric buses and yet we don’t hear of these buses crashing on a daily basis due to faulty brake connections from the plant.

It would help if you could link your claim to a verified article or accident report that states undeniably that the manufacturer was producing unsafe vehicles and that this company has been taken to court and sued into bankruptcy.

Up to you if you belief me or not I don't really care, the vehicle I was referring to was a big truck mounted crane, direct from the factory, it broke down on the way to our workshop, from the ferry, becoz one fuel line was a bit of garden hose, it took 3 MONTHS to get it road worthy for Australia, It was the 'Crane Inspector' who found one rear brake not working, and me who had to trace the air lines back to the distributor block at the front of the vehicle. It was also to narrow for its height,(as with their buses that topple over here) and 1 tons overweight even then,  So luckily it was not being used on the road at the time. We had the franchise for WA to sell them. Good luck suing a Chinese company. My boss was back and forth to China to get them to do better. They had to pay for all the changes we did in our R&D. And by the way I'm a Crane Technician not just a  mechanic.

XCMG-Official-Crane-Lifting-Equipment-XCT25L5-Chinese-Truck-Crane-25-Ton-Mobile-Crane-for-Sale.webp.43c9e94131e242ed58617d1d8923b7bc.webp  

Edited by brianthainess
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Up to you if you belief me or not I don't really care, the vehicle I was referring to was a big truck mounted crane, direct from the factory, it broke down on the way to our workshop, from the ferry, becoz one fuel line was a bit of garden hose, it took 3 MONTHS to get it road worthy for Australia, It was the 'Crane Inspector' who found one rear brake not working, and me who had to trace the air lines back to the distributor block at the front of the vehicle. It was also to narrow for its height,(as with their buses that topple over here) and 1 tons overweight even then,  So luckily it was not being used on the road at the time. We had the franchise for WA to sell them. Good luck suing a Chinese company. My boss was back and forth to China to get them to do better. They had to pay for all the changes we did in our R&D. And by the way I'm a Crane Technician not just a  mechanic.

XCMG-Official-Crane-Lifting-Equipment-XCT25L5-Chinese-Truck-Crane-25-Ton-Mobile-Crane-for-Sale.webp.43c9e94131e242ed58617d1d8923b7bc.webp  

So the first vehicle into a new market had teething problems ?

Being a distributor there’s zero chance your company would have sourced the cheapest vehicle they could… 🙄

I would have expected 3 months as a minimum to clear a vehicle for the Australian market, even if I they’d flown an Australian standards expert to China. 
But you’re right, all chinese vehicles are carpp 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

So the first vehicle into a new market had teething problems ?

Being a distributor there’s zero chance your company would have sourced the cheapest vehicle they could… 🙄

I would have expected 3 months as a minimum to clear a vehicle for the Australian market, even if I they’d flown an Australian standards expert to China. 
But you’re right, all chinese vehicles are carpp 

It was at a time when construction had come to almost a halt in Europe, and the European crane companies had almost stop production, even then their output was less per year than the Chinese were producing in a MONTH !, second hand prices had skyrocket in OZ for these, even if available, TTBOMYK there was only one crane building company in China at the time and yes they were cheap

20 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

XCMG Group
220px-XCMG_logo.svg.png
Type State-owned limited company
SZSE: 000425
Industry Heavy equipment
Founded 1943 (Xuzhou)[1]
Headquarters , 
China
Area served
Worldwide
Products Construction equipment
Cranes
Revenue RMB 84.3 billion [2]
RMB 8.1 [3]
Subsidiaries XCMG Construction Machinery
Perlini
Website en.xcmg.com/en-ap/

Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group Co., Ltd. (XCMG Group) (Chinese: 徐工集团; pinyin: Xúgōng Jítuán) is a Chinese multinational state-owned heavy machinery manufacturing company with headquarters in Xuzhou, Jiangsu. Founded in 1943, XCMG currently ranks first in the Chinese construction machinery industry, 3rd in the world, 4th in China's top 100 machinery enterprises, and 409th in the world's top 500 brands. 

XCMG Group’s subsidiary, XCMG Construction Machinery Co. Ltd., was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange SZSE: 000425 in 1996.

XCMG products are sold in more than 180 countries and regions and cover 97% of the countries along the Belt and Road Initiative. The group holds a worldwide sales network including more than 20 manufacturing bases in China, 300 overseas distributors, over 2,000 service centers, 40 overseas offices, and more than 30 overseas branch companies. 

The group has R&D centers, manufacturing bases or KD factories in more than 10 countries including Germany, United States, Brazil, and India, and has acquired 3 European companies including Schwing.

So, you, as a crane technician Down Under diagnosed a manufacturing defect/flaw on a product manufactured by one of the top 500 brands in the world. Well done. I hope you were amply rewarded. 

Yes I was, I had the best Boss ever who knew his job, he even designed and built  his own 6ton lift crane that was only 2meters tall. best pay I ever got, and the most interesting job I ever had, my best reward was learning something new almost daily. I flew allover WA to fix these things, and other makes, of which I had never worked on before, I could ring the boss as an example: I have the top cover off, where is that valve? "feel inside to the left you will feel two Allen screws , remove that cover and it's in there" very nice bloke indeed. 

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It was at a time when construction had come to almost a halt in Europe, and the European crane companies had almost stop production, even then their output was less per year than the Chinese were producing in a MONTH !, second hand prices had skyrocket in OZ for these, even if available, TTBOMYK there was only one crane building company in China at the time and yes they were cheap

Yes I was, I had the best Boss ever who knew his job, he even designed and built  his own 6ton lift crane that was only 2meters tall. best pay I ever got, and the most interesting job I ever had, my best reward was learning something new almost daily. I flew allover WA to fix these things, and other makes, of which I had never worked on before, I could ring the boss as an example: I have the top cover off, where is that valve? "feel inside to the left you will feel two Allen screws , remove that cover and it's in there" very nice bloke indeed. 

And based on this one example, you are warning people about Chinese batteries…

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

All I can say is good luck with Chinese made batteries, whatever spec they say they are.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No such thing, my boss was the expert, and the feared ''Crane Inspector"

I would have thought there was an appointed competent person to inspect and certify the crane for use such as an independent qualified professional engineer or an endorsed qualified 3rd party inspector?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, freeworld said:

I would have thought there was an appointed competent person to inspect and certify the crane for use such as an independent qualified professional engineer or an endorsed qualified 3rd party inspector?

Well you would have been wrong. Any '3rd party inspector would have been a PDI inspector who would have no knowledge of AUS specs. This was a first time venture for them and us. The only Chinese that ever came were IT guys to sort out the on board computers/solenoid boards that  kept stuffing up, I had to travel with them, as they would not give us the codes. They had no idea of Australian climate conditions, think; Iron ore dust entering control solenoids, that operate from the joy stick, a 3" hole with a a 3/4" cable going through it, to about 20 different solenoids and not sealed for dust. 

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Thanks fellas, for the heads up ....

... I'll be make a full inspection of the next heavy crane I buy :cheesy:

Yes don't forget to take all your technicians, and tools, and an Australian crane inspector, who are the only ones allowed to pass them. Or just get them to send you one free freight, and charge them for all the changes you'll need to make, oh and don't forget an Australian Chinese interpreter with you..   

• Haha 1