Thailand tax liability after moving?

Hi

In my home country in Scandinavia, you are liable for capital gains tax for up to 10 years for assets (such as stocks) that you acquired while having been a tax resident there. Even if you move and become a tax resident of a new country. This is to prevent people from acquiring assets and then move to a tax haven and pay little to no taxes. 

My question is: Does Thailand have something similar? So, if I purchase for example US stocks while being a Thai tax resident, I then move and become a tax resident of another country, would I still be liable to pay future capital gains taxes on the stocks I acquired while having been a Thai tax resident? 

Thank you. 

Many countries have this sort of liability eg the US has a 10 year rule for ex-pats leaving  (green card holders) and you have to file and pay taxes on income and capital gains (of course you get an off-set for any taxes paid where you reside). As far as I am aware, hardly any one ever files and pays. They think it is an unreasonable request and unless you plan to come back frequently to Thailand, I wouldn't bother. If they can't catch Boss the murderer, they are hardly going to put a red notice with Interpol for you, are they?

• Like 1