Kor Ror 2 for Non-O Marriage Extension

On 1/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, Liquorice said:

Immigration will require an update KR2 or KR22.

If you married in Thailand, it will be a KR2.

If you married overseas but registered your marriage in Thailand, then a KR22.

It's 20 BHT for a copy.

We married in the USA. We moved here in 2002, and got a KR22.  Have used the same one every year since.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:20 AM, EdwardM said:

I'm preparing for my first Non-O marriage extension.

Wondering if anyone's done this recently and could confirm for me if I'll need to go get an updated Kor Ror 2? Or can I just use the one from last year when I registered my marriage here?

No you need a new one ... In my case depending on province (Surin) Same day...

On 1/5/2024 at 10:03 AM, sandyf said:

You shouldnt make definitive statements like that, a lot depends on the office and type of extension. A friend of mine has been doing a 60 day on a non O for several years, he did it last week again with original KR2.

I did a 12 month a couple of weeks ago and got the KR2 about a week beforehand, not a problem.

Where's the value of either your friend's experience or yours without the "definitive" information of which immigration office each of you deal with?

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Where's the value of either your friend's experience or yours without the "definitive" information of which immigration office each of you deal with?

Take it there was some difficulty with this statement "a lot depends on the office and type of extension."

The value lies in the fact there are "definitive" variations on how offices operate and no one can generalise on what must be done. Up to people to find out what is applicable to them.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:03 AM, sandyf said:

You shouldnt make definitive statements like that, a lot depends on the office and type of extension. A friend of mine has been doing a 60 day on a non O for several years, he did it last week again with original KR2.

I did a 12 month a couple of weeks ago and got the KR2 about a week beforehand, not a problem.

my office rayong don't require an updated kor ror 2 for a 60 day wife extension. only for a yearly extension, i get it the same day, not sure of the rules, easy for me to do it, then into the bank for bank letter and update bank book then straight to IO, arrive 10ish out within an hour at the most