Russian National Falls to His Death from Eighth-Floor Condo in the Pattaya Area

webfact

4 hours ago, Dexxter said:

Maybe he made statements that "Discredit the Ruzzian Army" and "accidentally" fell out of a window. This seems to happen a lot in Ruzzia.

In Moscow, I could not find a hotel with no windows or balcony

A lot of condos are rented out by airbnb style tenants if so security would often not be familiar with the tenants. 

When it comes to people acting erratic most of us try giving them a wide berth assuming it's someone on yaba I'm not an expert but drugs can make you paranoid or even think "I believe I can fly" very popular song during people's last few seconds alive

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder if it was the same crazy Russian causing a disturbance outside my condo the other day

If it was I think his actions prove he promises not to do it again 

• Haha 1

but it was unclear why he was shaking the gates of the condo or climbing condo walls. See

8 hours ago, webfact said:

but it was unclear why he was shaking the gates of the condo or climbing condo walls.

A reborn monkey.

9 hours ago, retarius said:

Another one? Shouldn't Pattaya insist on slightly higher barriers on balconies of high rise buildings?

Don´t think that helps people that climb the walls.

11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The High Balcony Jump was such a frequent event in Pattaya at one time, I suggest it should be considered an Olympic event. One had to be wary when walking past hi-rise hotels and condos as there was more than just bird poop falling. It seems the city fathers rightly decided that placing warning signs on the sidewalks about possible "falling farangs" might be seen in negative light by some.

There could be a number of reasons one could end up a splat on the ground, regardless of nationality. If the condo has security guards, it should have CCTV as well. That would go a long way to solving what happened.

Note in the story that the police were apparently called twice.  Once when "AP" first tried to enter the condo site. 
"After security guards were called by concerned residents, AP climbed the condo wall in an attempt to flee and vanished. Then, Pattaya police officers were called to investigate and later found out that AP was a tenant and not a trespasser"

And a little later:
"After an hour passed from police confirming AP was a resident and not a trespasser, Uaychai said to the police that he heard a loud sound and went to inspect to find out that AP fell to his death. The police officers were called once again to investigate the case."

So the guy shows up, rattles the gate, scales the wall, then disappears. Police are called and determine (somehow) that the guy was a resident and then leave.
An hour later, the security guy hears a noise, finds the body and the police are called in again.

Looking at the pics, there is no way he scaled up the wall to the eighth floor so he would have had to enter the building normally and gone to his condo.

Normally the police would mention if the unit was "locked from the inside" or not (though that might not be much help unless there was a deadbolt or other device and not just the button on the doorknob).

Too many unknown details to determine what might have happened or why. "Erratic behaviour" could be from a number of causes, like getting home at 1am and realizing your wallet and keys are missing from your pocket. Or leaving a short time hotel after a "date" and seeing your "teerak" entering the same hotel with her (new) date.

I doubt he'd have been too concerned about any "notification" from home calling him up (at 42 years old) for military service. Not if he's been living here in a condo for any length of time.

When I heard "Russian" and "defenestration" one thing immediately came to mind:
9c46fcc4-aa44-434f-b684-09ca97acb919_text.gif.0243adfa95e6a5e506a0b7a89bd2a45c.gif

You have too much spare time. 

• Haha 2

Everyone clearly has the story wrong.

he was out celebrating after receiving his conscription notice, lost his access card and wanted to quickly get home to pack his bags and return home to fight for his motherland.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Good bye cruel World, Nostrovia.

I had a Russian friend who migrated to Australia when he was 8yo. After the language problems were over he was just a normal Aussie kid playing footy, cricket and going to beach. We were close friends until his death 8 years ago. One thing still stands out is his alcohol intake. I had a caravan up north and when he got there he really cut loose. I was a rather heavy drinker myself in those days but I went to bed when I'd had enough. My friend always kept on drinking and soon raised the bar to vodka. Straight down the hatch and roared out nostrovia. He once fell into the open fire and other times damage himself and he got really hammered and was totally wrecked next day. He was never a troublemaker and when sober he was a qualified engineer. He always seemed to find a bottle of vodka when needed.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya police officers were called to investigate and later found out that AP was a tenant and not a trespasser,

How much later?  Another triumph for Pattaya Plod.

".........but it was unclear why he was shaking the gates of the condo or climbing condo walls."

Possibly because he was a tenant and the security guards wouldn't let him in?

On 1/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, retarius said:

Another one? Shouldn't Pattaya insist on slightly higher barriers on balconies of high rise buildings?

Why? If people want to top themselves let em.

On 1/6/2024 at 6:39 PM, freeworld said:

The report did not state if he was on a balcony, only that he was shaking a gate, fleeing, climbed a condo wall and vanished and then fell from the 8th floor.

Trying to get back in lost his card, maybe on something, we'll never know  ,Rip.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:26 AM, brianthainess said:

Oh dear a 42 yr old Russian died, meanwhile in the Ukraine ..................

I’m curious…what is your point?

are you saying he deserves what happened to him because Russia attacked Ukraine?

• Confused 1