Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Suvarnabhumi Automated Passport Gates Not Available for Visa Holders with Re-Entry Permits?

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Anyone here use the gates, and then return to Thailand?

I don't see why not.

There was some misinformation posted here by someone who cannot read, when in fact the sign nearby the automatic gates says that you need a re-entry permit to be allowed to reenter. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, rimmae2 said:

I have Permanent Residence and after using TG fast track I went to Immigration at D and was informed that I can use the auto channel on exit. 

Did you use the automated gates, and later re-enter Thailand with no exit stamp?

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I don't see why not.

There was some misinformation posted here by someone who cannot read, when in fact the sign nearby the automatic gates says that you need a re-entry permit to be allowed to reenter. 

I am looking for actual experience from someone who used the automated gates and then returned to Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I am looking for actual experience from someone who used the automated gates and then returned to Thailand.

Yeah I know, and you know exactly who I referred to. I've been past those gates several times in the meantime, but do wait for an actual report. 

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There is this report by a member who left through the automatic gate and on his return with his valid re-entry permit used a manned immigration desk, without any problem.

Has there been any report yet from fom someone with a re-entry permit who both left and re-entered via the electronic gates?

On 1/28/2024 at 5:00 PM, AAArdvark said:

That particular sign only says that eVisas can be used at the automatic line

That sign must have been in the arrival hall. This topic is about departure via the automatic line without getting the re-entry permit invalidated and we already have a successful report about that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Maestro said:

There is this report by a member who left through the automatic gate and on his return with his valid re-entry permit used a manned immigration desk, without any problem.

Has there been any report yet from fom someone with a re-entry permit who both left and re-entered via the electronic gates?

One sparrow does not make a Spring.

I would like to see more reports before chancing it myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

No, and that's because foreigners can only use those automated gates to leave the country, not to enter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

No, and that's because foreigners can only use those automated gates to leave the country, not to enter.

I thought as much.

Could perhaps holders of a an eVisa, with its QR code, be made an exception, from a technical feasibility point of view?

27 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I thought as much.

Could perhaps holders of a an eVisa, with its QR code, be made an exception, from a technical feasibility point of view?

Sounds like a great project for the technical wizards in the Immigration Department.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for a report from a long term visa holder who departed Suvarnabhumi Immigration using an automated gate, and had their re-entry permit honored when they subsequently returned to Thailand. There was one positive report, but the system was new then, and maybe they were lucky.

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Still waiting for a report from a long term visa holder who departed Suvarnabhumi Immigration using an automated gate, and had their re-entry permit honored when they subsequently returned to Thailand. There was one positive report, but the system was new then, and maybe they were lucky.

Did you miss this post on last page?

Screenshot_20240302_081719_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 1:03 AM, Lazybones said:

They thought they had it scun by introducing the automatic gates for foreigners only to find that the software deleted reentry permits which caused so much confusion that they had to revert to the manual system, thus the massive queues.

From another topic, an explanation of the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Still waiting for someone with a long term visa to go through the Automated exit gates at Immigration, and return to Thailand without having their re-entry permit cancelled.

Maybe the software has been updated recently.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Still waiting for someone with a long term visa to go through the Automated exit gates at Immigration, and return to Thailand without having their re-entry permit cancelled.

Maybe the software has been updated recently.

Give it a rest already, I haven't seen anyone but you who STILL doubts that it works despite countless positive reports. You are coming dangerously close to defaming immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, eyeman said:
On 1/7/2024 at 10:35 AM, Foxx said:

No.  Before.  (It's after at Don Mueang.)

Nope, it's after at BKK too, same location though. It changed recently, it's got the red tape across the entrance now and tell you to clear immigration first then take a left.

That may have been temporary? I got a re-entry permit at BKK a couple of days ago, and it is back where it always used to be, east end of Immigration Hall 1 and BEFORE the immigration kiosks where you get stamped out.

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

Give it a rest already, I haven't seen anyone but you who STILL doubts that it works despite countless positive reports. You are coming dangerously close to defaming immigration. 

are you for real, are you by the phone ready to give them a  call!!

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That may have been temporary? I got a re-entry permit at BKK a couple of days ago, and it is back where it always used to be, east end of Immigration Hall 1 and BEFORE the immigration kiosks where you get stamped out.

the re-entry permit desk is accessible BEFORE and AFTER the stamp out process.  not a problem to get stamped out first and then go to the desk.  you can get stamped out in any immigration hall and still access the desk, just walk airside and enter the hall with the desk from the backside and turn right, then left using a lane to the re-entry desk.  if you are stamped out in the hall with the desk, you turn left, then left up the lane to the desk.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

I have seen one positive report of a long term visa holder who used the automated gates for departure at Suvarnabhumi and whose re-entry permit was honored upon return.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I have seen one positive report of a long term visa holder who used the automated gates for departure at Suvarnabhumi and whose re-entry permit was honored upon return.

Your terminology is confusing.

Long term visa holders would be those with a Non Imm O ME, or the Non Imm O-A.

This is obviously about those with an extended permit of stay and a re-entry permit.

Edited by Liquorice

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So anyone with a re-entry permit try the automated departure gates at Suvarnabhumi Immigration?

Why would anyone imperil their right to re-enter by having their re-entry permit 'missed' by the auto gate system just to test if the ad-hoc signage you mention is valid?

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That's 1 more report than the opposite as you have zero reports of someone actually losing their re-entry permit after exiting using the automated departure gates.

You also remain the only person saying they saw the sign you mentioned in OP

If this was real there would be loads of people being caught out and it would be blasted all over the place on social media 

• Thumbs Up 1