Why does God >insert your grievance here<....?

This is for all those people who like to post in the "Do you believe in God?" thread, asking why God allows this or that bad thing to happen.
Maybe just see it as a way to unburden yourself with your question, so as not to clog up the other thread.
You're welcome. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ezzra said:

One thing for sure, no one will complain about being too good looking, too rich or having too large penis...

Bruce Jenner did.  I'm still a fan...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Atheists aren't the ones writing a letter to santa claus every sunday.

Yet you (and the other atheists) keep asking why God did this or that bad thing. Make up your mind. Do you believe in God or not?
Not that it makes any difference for me personally. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Surely, to insert anything would be an acceptance of the presence or existence of such an entity.

Why does God [not exist]?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

You're distorting the question and I'm pretty sure you know you are.

Just in case you are actually confused... when an atheist writes "how come God gives babies disabilities", what they almost certainly mean is "if your God exists, and he is all good,  all knowing and all powerful, how in the world can babies be born with disabilities."

Of course I know. ;-)
It's the intention behind the question that is crucial. They don't want nor expect a proper answer. It's just a way to troll. And what do you do with a stupid troll question? You give a stupid troll answer, of course.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Yet you (and the other atheists) keep asking why God did this or that bad thing. Make up your mind. Do you believe in God or not?
Not that it makes any difference for me personally. 

I have never asked a question about whether god did this or that or why? I never would any more than I would ask what the tooth fairy eats.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I have never asked a question about whether god did this or that or why? I never would any more than I would ask what the tooth fairy eats.

Oh, you didn't. I must have dreamt it then.

Screenshot_20240107_142440_Chrome.jpg

38 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Of course I know. ;-)
It's the intention behind the question that is crucial. They don't want nor expect a proper answer. It's just a way to troll. And what do you do with a stupid troll question? You give a stupid troll answer, of course.

No, it isn't a way to troll.

It's a legitimate question to ask concerning a hypothetical god who is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-good.

And it puts a bug up your behind because there is no good answer.

The "problem of evil" is a difficulty for many thinking people.

Witness Bart Ehrman (who I'm willing to bet forgot more than you'll ever know about Christianity) on the problem of evil.

https://ehrmanblog.org/bart-ehrman-on-problem-of-suffering-ucb/

It isn't really a problem with the existence of supernatural beings, hence Hinduism has no problem with this question.

It is only a problem with monotheism and the above definition of the deity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

LOL, you think that was about God or about religious nutcases?

It was a poor troll attempt. You had the choice to either contribute something valuable to the conversation (doesn't matter if you believe or not), or post silly nonsense. 

You chose the latter. At least stand by your decisions. 

• Love It 1

Just now, Sunmaster said:

It was a poor troll attempt. You had the choice to either contribute something valuable to the conversation (doesn't matter if you believe or not), or post silly nonsense. 

You chose the latter. At least stand by your decisions. 

It's fair game to troll christian nationalists who believe Trump was chosen by God. It's just another reason to reject religion altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyways, you guys have fun here. 

If anyone is up for a mature discussion, you're welcome to join the conversation in the "God thread", which is NOT just about the personal God of Christianity or religion, but goes far deeper than that. 

Peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's fair game to troll christian nationalists who believe Trump was chosen by God. It's just another reason to reject religion altogether.

Show me one Christian nationalist in that other thread. I beg you.

Any more excuses? 

2 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Show me one Christian nationalist in that other thread. I beg you.

Any more excuses? 

I'm not talking about this board. I'm talking about the mere existence of tens of thousands of cretins who believe that God sent Trump to do his work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not talking about this board. I'm talking about the mere existence of tens of thousands of cretins who believe that God sent Trump to do his work.

Take it up with them then and don't troll an otherwise constructive discussion. 

If you had spent an equal amount of time reading the thread as you've been writing nonsense, you would have quickly found out that none of the regular posters are Christians or even religious at all, me included. 

Edited by Sunmaster

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

Do you believe in God or not?

the concepts of religion and god were made at times when humans were dumb... to be blunt.

2000 years ago the vast majority of our species couldn't even read or write.

so nope as a rational thinking adult i tend to not believe in the big guy in the sky. science has come a long way to putting this to rest. the puzzle is not complete yet and may never be but it gives a much more realistic idea over walking on water and feeding fisherman. 

life is cruel hence the bad things happening. an alligator doesn't ask the doe's mother....hey mind if i snack down on your child's neck for din din. we are simply a more evolved species. none the less mammals the same as the rest. 

born into a roman catholic family. mom is quite the thumper still. god bless her soul. 

Edited by stoner
  • Thumbs Up 1