Accidentally dipped a few thousand below 800,000 but returned quickly???

On 1/7/2024 at 10:36 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

Hire an agent and stop worrying about dipping. No need to keep 800,000 of you money in a Thai bank. 

....and off course absolutely legal, Joker:post-4641-1156694572:

Hi! Is it possible to transfer 800k from savings account to new fixed deposit account during the three month period before non-o retirement visa 1 year renewal? (Pattaya - Jomtien immigration) I want to get a non-o retirement visa and then open a fixed deposit acc, because right now I can’t open this deposit with a tourist visa. Hope the Kasikorn bank will transfer the money within one day.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:54 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Update your passbook and hopefully it has composite updates and the less than 800k won't show. But I suspect the balances they show always show the lowest balance reached. It might show the EOD (end of day) balance, in which case you might get away with it.

If I'm wrong, when you submit the bank statements, remove the page that shows the drop in limit.  I've watched them checking the statements - they quickly scan down the balance column looking at the numbers, but they don't do what an auditor would do. i.e check for consecutive page numbers, or check the balance carried forward to the next page.

It's worth a crack. 

At Chiang Mai Immigration, you have to provide a yearly bank statement that you get from the bank just prior to your trip to Immigration to renew your visa. This statement shows every single transaction, even if you have more than one in a single day. Last time I was there, the Immigration official didn't even ask to see my actual bank book, only the yearly statement, which the official scrutinized very closely. Of course they would know if an entire page were missing. Each page contains a large number of transactions, so the missing page would show a huge gap in the timeline. The people who work for Immigration aren't all complete idiots. Maybe Hua Hin Immigration has different policies. 

• 2 weeks later...