Thailand’s PM to reside in Government House, Children’s Day

snoop1130

Quora.jpg

The Prime Minister of Thailand disclosed plans to start residing at the Government House on January 24, dashing the hopes of many who anticipated the traditional Children’s Day festivities. This year’s event will notably lack the dinosaur exhibits that have captured the imaginations of children in the past.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has yet to reveal what will take their place, although the spokesperson‘s team assured that the event would be fully organised, with prizes awarded every half hour.

Previously, the media had been keen to learn when the PM would take up residence at the Government House, following an auspicious date suggested January 7. His response indicated a busy schedule that included a trip to Chiang Mai and participation in the Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

After these commitments, he would revisit Chiang Mai to engage with the Royal Project before settling into the Government House on an auspicious and travel-free day.

During a casual encounter with the media near the Phra Phum Shrine, the Thai PM was questioned about the possibility of opening his bedroom for public viewing on Children’s Day.

By Sugandhi Batra

Caption: PHOTO: via Quora

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This year’s event will notably lack the dinosaur exhibits that have captured the imaginations of children in the past.

They're still there.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Well done smiley.  That must be difficult for you.

He is an affable looking chap isn't he?

Other than his early cuddling up to the tyrant Putin I like what I see of him. And his push to have the Thai passport stronger is admirable too.

I do hope someone, who may or may not be in hospital, does not push him aside. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

He is an affable looking chap isn't he?

Other than his early cuddling up to the tyrant Putin I like what I see of him. And his push to have the Thai passport stronger is admirable too.

I do hope someone, who may or may not be in hospital, does not push him aside. 

He doesn't need to push him aside. He controls him 24/7.

• Agree 1