What do your neighbors do?

25 minutes ago, roietfortress said:

same here. although i am strongly against banana trees. i removed them from our property XD

i feel bad for city people. come all this way to live like sardines :cheesy:

#

Has it's advantages, some, but definitely not for us.   We like lots of green, no neighbors, fresh air, less noise.  Land is so expensive in the cities.   Best to live just outside, and enjoy both worlds if wanting.

Living outside Udon Thani was excellent with easy access to town, mere 20 minutes away.  After daughter done school, no need to remain. 

Now, we need nothing the cities offer, and Hua Hin is only 1+ hrs away, though we have most everything here, mere 5 minutes away.  Online fills the void.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To the left a vacant partially teak forested block, behind a vacant overgrown fruit tree plantation that mercifully steeply descends to give us little view of it and a great view of the local river valley and mountains, to the right a vacant fruit tree plantation occasionally used by the owner to house cattle he wants to sell. Utter bliss atm.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/13/2024 at 1:44 PM, Chris Daley said:

The one on the right side is a smack head.  So he is mostly docile.  He sits around in the side alley.  He then sits in the road over the drain and smokes.  Around about 5pm I water the garden and he comes out, walks in the road and stares directly at me for around twenty minutes.  He occasionally has screaming fits at his wife.  I never see the other side.

I wouldn't like to know about my neighbours and unwillig to look into their windows 🙏

On 1/13/2024 at 8:34 AM, drgoon said:

Wellllllll....  let me tell you a story. 

To the left is a drunk who is a right pain in the arse. He often used to accuse me of all sorts of <deleted> which I politely ignored until on one occasion he go real close to me and spat in my face.

My wife, a very attractive and petite lass of 42 started yelling at him, which is very unlike her, walked up to him and punched him in the side of his noggin. He collapsed, unconscious, and cracked his head on the pavement as he hit the deck.

Long story short, he ended up in hospital, the Police came around, the neighbours backed the wife. Pisshead came home from hospital and moved away some time after.

To the right, is an attractive woman, single, who flirts with me all the time. My wife told me if I go near her she will 'cut for duck' making a scissors sign with her fingers and pointing at my crotch. I often think about what may happen between us but the fear of losing my favourite appendage prohibits me acting out my fantasies.

Across the soi is an amiable couple, mid 50s. He's always asking me to get on the piss with him but he drinks that foul 'whiskey'. Of course, being a good neighbour I oblige although more than one usually ends with me getting farked up and feeling like <deleted> the next day. I usually overcome this trend buy drinking lots of water or beer instead.

Behind us is a couple, 40s, who grow amazing cannabis. They are active in the community and grow vegetable in their plot and use composting and organic processes as much as is possible here in this land that is so endered of chemical intervention. The local Police have visited in the past and admired their cannabis plants. I must say, they look fantastic and have a very strong smell when they are due for harvest.

The sister in law lives up the road, an extremely attractive single lass of mid 30s. I think she's lesbian although I haven't seen anything to confirm this other than not seeing her with a male companion. She is the cause of the occasional erection wen I'm in bed with my lovely wife.

Love It! :cheesy::thumbsup:

On 1/13/2024 at 12:19 PM, BritManToo said:

Don't know, as I never speak with neighbours, no matter what county I'm in.

Perhaps it's the neighbours who don't want to speak...

• Thumbs Up 1

Corner unit of a low rise condo in Bangkok. Neighbours below, on same floor, and other parts of the building all lovely. All Thai but pleasantrys if meeting in the lift. Never any issues. Just one cockroach Australian <deleted> directly above me. Let's his two half Thai (young 5-8yr old) kids run up and down all night on their heels. GF knocked their door one night to complain. I did second time and he was a bit off. Then the <deleted> put a long letter in my mailbox telling me his wife doesn't like it when we complain and to text him instead. Well, keep your <deleted> kids under control, put them to bed before 9pm and respect your neighbours. He told to me to complain to Juristic, I wrote back that I reserved the right to discuss directly with any neighbour causing a nuisance and to expect another knock on the door if it happens again. Thankfully they seem only to be here 2 weeks a year just before Songkhran then they go upcountry for the holidays. Think he works in Phillipines from conversation with his Thai Mrs years ago when the kids were babies.

Edited by soi3eddie

On 1/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, Lacessit said:

In the condo, no idea. It's pretty quiet, everyone minds their own business.

In the village, we have one neighbor who keeps chickens. A lot of them. The roosters get into full song about 2 am.

Another neighbor has about 6 dogs. They set up a howling chorus for ten minutes at 3 am.

The last neighbor is quiet, and trades bananas and vegetables to my GF. His only quirk is firing a shotgun during thunderstorms to ward off evil spirits.

This is the true village life. Love it! :biggrin:

On 1/13/2024 at 3:38 PM, simon43 said:

On one side are a family who raise chickens and ducks

On t'other side is a family who raise chickens and ducks

The chickens and ducks spend their leisure time in my garden in the middle!

Happily, I have no problems with these birds - the roosters are an alarm clock for me. I'd rather have noisy birds than noisy neighbours :)

There's nothing wrong with Noisy Birds unless you are Sh@ggin one in a student house who when she came Screamed Like A Banshee!

I used to have to put my hand over her mouth when we got to the "Vinegar Strokes".

It is much quiter with Marina of course! :thumbsup:

Untitled.jpg.28a0e89bb0444c39462f6bd9ea9f2559.jpg

• Haha 1

Basically you can have bad neighbors in any part of the world. 
I would just try to ignore the guy.  But if he makes it a habit of staring at you for 20 minutes .  You can ask him what he is looking at.  But he probably won’t understand what you are saying.  And he sounds like he’s screwed up to begin with.  He might start a physical confrontation with you. 
If the neighbors are that bad.  You probably should consider moving.  I know easy to say but sometimes not easy to do. 

On 1/13/2024 at 1:44 AM, Chris Daley said:

The one on the right side is a smack head.  So he is mostly docile.  He sits around in the side alley.  He then sits in the road over the drain and smokes.  Around about 5pm I water the garden and he comes out, walks in the road and stares directly at me for around twenty minutes.  He occasionally has screaming fits at his wife.  I never see the other side.

What part of 🇬🇧 the UK is he from?

• Haha 2

Good, friendly neighbour's ages range from 9 - 97 years old in our small village been here 20 years. everyone calls me by my Christian name from older than me to youngsters

Next house Navel guy retired in December, his wife works 3 days a week, daughter as Uni , next up retired couple Accountants,  the house on the other side the wife Nurse  retired mid last year, husband Accountant at Red Cross past 25 years, next down Bank Manger + wife works odd days with 2 mid 20 girls, big house opposite has large office with 5 office staff that appear to work only 3 days a week since Covid, Girl at Uni she was born 2004...  why they need a 7 bedroom house + 3 posh cars is beyond me [Alphard top model Sept 2023 + 2022 Benz 4x4 -4matic + 2022 BMW X3 top model] . Large separate Office can understand

The plus side people check up on me, make sure I'm OK.  we help each other over the years.....  2 week ago overslept woke up to gate bell ringing + shouting, came down 3 different  neighbour's outside worried  it was 10 am, never in 20 years have I not had the doors and windows open later than 7:30 ..  so yes could not wish for better neighbour's even more so when getting older

Other than 3 years in Berlin in a City Apartment, have never lived in a Town or City before or since and no wish to... there again some would be lost out in the sticks so each to there own

• Like 1

Ours is a home in a group of 13, all neighbors except one are family. Lots of mothers, brothers, children, a few fathers and many cousins. Only 2 places take pride in their homes. Litter is a noticeable problem. The non-family house has some sort of business about processing and selling buffalo hide. This creates an unpleasant odor. One house is the self appointed DJ playing loud music from early until late and recently nonstop for 2 days. The house next door has 8 cows in the back yard. We are not bothered by flies so much because the cows give them and endless supply of fresh food. Being less than fluent I mostly keep to myself. Overall it's a noisy environment with children crying, people feuding, dogs barking and noisy chickens. My wife complains about the neighborhood and dreams of a new house with fewer neighbors.  Maybe when I die her dream will come true.

• Thumbs Up 1

Issan

Land to the right is woods.

Neighbor to the left, x doctor, is fairly quiet aside from two dogs that go nuts when my rescue dog and I do our morning 2.5 mile walk. Across the street is a large pond. 

I live in a condo complex that has 7 buildings with 24 units each.

I rarely see anyone.

There are a bunch of retired Thai men who I see as they go walking together most mornings.

I don't know if they have wives or families.

The people in the 3 apartments on the same floor as me are quiet and I seldom see them.

No problems.

Live on my ex's mom's land, government land, 300 meters from nearest road, on a dirt road that leads to farms. Military camp 1 click away, they walk or jog past the house daily with their dogs. Ex's cousin lives about 250 meters away with wife and three kids. Good people, help each other when need be. Gas station and small restaurant at road before you turn on dirt road. Our village is next door. Most people I see are same farmers that own land around me. No other close neighbors besides the one, rest are over 400 meters away. Woods 200 meters away where people look for mushrooms after rain. Surrounded by rice and cassava fields, besides small reservoir across dirt road, where some fish live but much is netted by locals, so it doesn't have a chance to grow larger fish. Most neighbors smile, knowing me for 5 years plus. Kids steal some of my fruit but that's expected in this kind of area. As long as they leave some for me it's okay. There are some sick individuals that have poisoned some of the dogs that call my house a home, along with other village dogs,  for whatever reasons they have besides being disturbed dog haters. I've had chickens and ducks but they are either stolen or killed by the roaming dogs, the same for any cats I've tried to keep here. Very quiet, even the morning music and village notes aren't too loud, so it's the kind of place I want to move back to in America when I'm ready. Occasional snakes, some venomous, but I don't see them much, which is good.

19 hours ago, cdemundo said:

I live in a condo complex that has 7 buildings with 24 units each.

I rarely see anyone.

There are a bunch of retired Thai men who I see as they go walking together most mornings.

I don't know if they have wives or families.

The people in the 3 apartments on the same floor as me are quiet and I seldom see them.

No problems.

Bangkok???

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Live on my ex's mom's land, government land, 300 meters from nearest road, on a dirt road that leads to farms. Military camp 1 click away, they walk or jog past the house daily with their dogs. Ex's cousin lives about 250 meters away with wife and three kids. Good people, help each other when need be. Gas station and small restaurant at road before you turn on dirt road. Our village is next door. Most people I see are same farmers that own land around me. No other close neighbors besides the one, rest are over 400 meters away. Woods 200 meters away where people look for mushrooms after rain. Surrounded by rice and cassava fields, besides small reservoir across dirt road, where some fish live but much is netted by locals, so it doesn't have a chance to grow larger fish. Most neighbors smile, knowing me for 5 years plus. Kids steal some of my fruit but that's expected in this kind of area. As long as they leave some for me it's okay. There are some sick individuals that have poisoned some of the dogs that call my house a home, along with other village dogs,  for whatever reasons they have besides being disturbed dog haters. I've had chickens and ducks but they are either stolen or killed by the roaming dogs, the same for any cats I've tried to keep here. Very quiet, even the morning music and village notes aren't too loud, so it's the kind of place I want to move back to in America when I'm ready. Occasional snakes, some venomous, but I don't see them much, which is good.

I hate the village dogs 

They attacked me in Isaan last time I was there 

Groups of absolutely mutts 

Next time if there is a next time I will go to the village up there near sisaket I will take poison 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I hate the village dogs 

They attacked me in Isaan last time I was there 

Groups of absolutely mutts 

Next time if there is a next time I will go to the village up there near sisaket I will take poison 

Animal cruelty is a punishable offence. Discussing your intentions to break the law(premeditation) and cause harm to animals in a country in which you are a guest is not a very intelligent move! Tough guy, maybe you should do everyone a favor and take the poison yourself!

Edited by pluto_manibo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, pluto_manibo said:

Animal cruelty is a punishable offence. Discussing your intentions to break the law(premedita

tion) and cause harm to animals in a country in which you are a guest is not a very intelligent move! Tough guy, maybe you should do everyone a favor and take the poison yourself!

Ok 😂

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:05 PM, captnhoy said:

Ours is a home in a group of 13, all neighbors except one are family. Lots of mothers, brothers, children, a few fathers and many cousins. Only 2 places take pride in their homes. Litter is a noticeable problem. The non-family house has some sort of business about processing and selling buffalo hide. This creates an unpleasant odor. One house is the self appointed DJ playing loud music from early until late and recently nonstop for 2 days. The house next door has 8 cows in the back yard. We are not bothered by flies so much because the cows give them and endless supply of fresh food. Being less than fluent I mostly keep to myself. Overall it's a noisy environment with children crying, people feuding, dogs barking and noisy chickens. My wife complains about the neighborhood and dreams of a new house with fewer neighbors.  Maybe when I die her dream will come true.

That sounds horrible. Why not leave?  Life is too short to put up with that kind of crap. 

The little piece next door was a proper pain in the ears with her 5 am screeching into her karaoke machine her parents bought her for the first 10 years of her life.

Now she's a local singer in demand.

Ok, I'll forgive her.