If i had money this is the business i would start

24 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Scaremongering troll.

Not realyy worth a reply,, but if facts scate you so be it. Cant really fix moron

Well see if i was fight when the time comes and ill be ghere to remind you of your shortsightedness

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Good luck. If I remember correctly, translation services is one of the jobs reserved only for Thais. Finding Thais with excellent foreign written language skills is not easy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the official document which listed the jobs reserved for Thais was also published in English. The translation was appalling (and funny). Paper hand job anyone?

Edited by Woof999
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Good luck. If I remember correctly, translation services is one of the jobs reserved only for Thais. Finding Thais with excellent foreign written language skills is not easy.

i had to have all my education degrees and transcripts translated, had to go to go to chulalongkorn uni... this was in 2003. cost a bloody fortune

i dont think the gvt will accept any google translate.

my original question stands... has anyone brought this up so far?  i cant imagine igor ruskie submitting his papers in russian.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

It will be a gold mine

if I had £1   just £1   for everybody who has said those words in Thailand  I would have enough money to make my own goldmine :cheesy:

Just curious, in all the other threads about the looming tax on our money did anyone ask if revenue and immi will take our tax report at face value?

I doubt it. The next step will be to get docs translated. Had i any money i would start a translation service.

It will be a gold mine

if you are so sure borrow the money or do it on your credit card  or one of those venture capital go fund me type sites ,    how much would you really need ?  No waiting for people to pay up   no cashflow problems , just a few palms to cross,  what could possibly go wrong,  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If I had the money, I would build the best Gogo bar in town and hire the best girls.

Nobody mentioned if that business should be successful. ;)

I am sure I will love it.

Ah yes... coming from the guy who thinks that it is ok to harvest underage girls for sex.

How much money does it take to start a translation business? 

It is much easier to find Thais with good written English skills than verbal. Just as it's much easier to find a decent translator than it is a decent interpreter. 

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If I had the money, I would build the best Gogo bar in town and hire the best girls.

Bad idea, just imagine the tax returns of these girls.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

if you are so sure borrow the money or do it on your credit card  or one of those venture capital go fund me type sites ,    how much would you really need ?  No waiting for people to pay up   no cashflow problems , just a few palms to cross,  what could possibly go wrong,  

too much infrastructure to handle for one person alone. this is why i said "if i had money". having money doesnt mean i have 20 000$ to spend. i hope i am wrong, but afraid i am not. just a question of time before we are required to do translations, maybe even yearly translations, of our home tax returns.

• Confused 1

too much infrastructure to handle for one person alone. this is why i said "if i had money". having money doesnt mean i have 20 000$ to spend. i hope i am wrong, but afraid i am not. just a question of time before we are required to do translations, maybe even yearly translations, of our home tax returns.

certainly worrying times and interesting how it will all pan out , As many people in the UK for example have no obligation to submit an annual tax return, PAYE employees and state pensioners being 2 examples, not sure about those with company/ private  pensions  but I doubt they are obliged to complete a tax return either.

Interestingly as a company director who receives most of my income through dividends I am req'd to complete one every year however for the last financial year  I elected not to pay myself any dividends just my nominal salary ,  I was surprised to be quickly informed by the inland revenue that no tax return was required 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

certainly worrying times and interesting how it will all pan out , As many people in the UK for example have no obligation to submit an annual tax return, PAYE employees and state pensioners being 2 examples, not sure about those with company/ private  pensions  but I doubt they are obliged to complete a tax return either.

Interestingly as a company director who receives most of my income through dividends I am req'd to complete one every year however for the last financial year  I elected not to pay myself any dividends just my nominal salary ,  I was surprised to be quickly informed by the inland revenue that no tax return was required 

gonna be a shat show for me. i get my tax return sent every year here in thailand from the quebec gvt in french. no taxes are theoretically deducted cos they are technically "tax deducted at the source". imagine trying to explain this to immi or revenue. i really think sretta and his team did not factor in the logistics when they decided this. the $ sign is just too alluring. some of us had fallouts with immi officers b4. most of them dont speak english, nor can they read it  :hit-the-fan:

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

gonna be a shat show for me. i get my tax return sent every year here in thailand from the quebec gvt in french. no taxes are theoretically deducted cos they are technically "tax deducted at the source". imagine trying to explain this to immi or revenue. i really think sretta and his team did not factor in the logistics when they decided this. the $ sign is just too alluring. some of us had fallouts with immi officers b4. most of them dont speak english, nor can they read it  :hit-the-fan:

Not quite sure what use a UK tax return would be to the Thai authorities ,  they would really need to speak to the inland revenue department  in the uk if they needed to confirm one's income and tax paid.   All very taxing indeed   (sorry couldn't resist)     My gut feeling is the fears of many on here will not be realised, however hope for the best but plan for the worst as they say 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Just curious, in all the other threads about the looming tax on our money did anyone ask if revenue and immi will take our tax report at face value?

I doubt it. The next step will be to get docs translated. Had i any money i would start a translation service.

It will be a gold mine

I wish you had posted your thoughts in My Topic...  New-Business Ideas for You and Me in 2024.

This Topic would have been perfect for you.

Still, making money on a translation business is very time-consuming, and not very profitable, and you always need to make deadlines, so it's a bad business for 2024.

56 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I wish you had posted your thoughts in My Topic...  New-Business Ideas for You and Me in 2024.

This Topic would have been perfect for you.

Still, making money on a translation business is very time-consuming, and not very profitable, and you always need to make deadlines, so it's a bad business for 2024.

sorry i missed that one... ; (

On 1/16/2024 at 12:36 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

My theme will be cosplay. How about yours?

Beautiful-Cosplay-Girls-Thailand-Game-Show-2016-Bangkok-TGS-FT-70.jpg.881746f2e9a4e50c0f3c0ccf26d20d34.jpg

Sexy lingerie. None of the gogos I went to featured that.

BTW, re your photos, nobody does cosplay better than the Japanese, or sexy, for that matter. Just too expensive for me.

Talking about ideal jobs in LOS, I'd have loved being a travel photographer. Get to see the country and get paid for it- bliss.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sexy lingerie. None of the gogos I went to featured that.

BTW, re your photos, nobody does cosplay better than the Japanese, or sexy, for that matter. Just too expensive for me.

Talking about ideal jobs in LOS, I'd have loved being a travel photographer. Get to see the country and get paid for it- bliss.

Angelwitch had sexy lingerie many years ago when Mat still owned it.

Some time ago I worked in a company and one girl did cosplay outside of work. Not bad.  

On 1/18/2024 at 9:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Angelwitch had sexy lingerie many years ago when Mat still owned it.

Some time ago I worked in a company and one girl did cosplay outside of work. Not bad.  

I think Angelwitch was on second floor of Nana, and I rarely ventured there. I preferred the big bars on the ground floor. The exception was G Spot, which was a very big bar. I remember it well as there was a girl dancing there that lives on in my dreams, but was one that I never did more than look at. The "what ifs" of my life torment me.

:heart_001:

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think Angelwitch was on second floor of Nana, and I rarely ventured there. I preferred the big bars on the ground floor. The exception was G Spot, which was a very big bar. I remember it well as there was a girl dancing there that lives on in my dreams, but was one that I never did more than look at. The "what ifs" of my life torment me.

:heart_001:

I spend a lot of time and money in G Spot. I think when I first arrived lady drinks were 65B. I could afford to buy drinks for a couple of girls around me. ;)

And my first girlfriend was from that place. 

Angelwitch started to exist many years after G Spot. As far as I know it still exists but is far away from what it used to be.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:28 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Hmm... I wonder if gogo owners can play with the ladies?