Ladyboy-Led Heist: Korean Tourist Loses 200,000 Baht Gold Necklace in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Why do people continue to wear gold in any Thai areas....?

Even fake gold can get people in trouble, I remember a story several years back were a farang was riding his motorbike & wearing a gold necklace, as he was driving another motorbike came alongside him and snatched the necklace causing him to fall off his bike and then get hit by a passing car.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

why wear a lot of money/jewellery in a third world country?? Never heard of the criminal ladyboys in Pattaya? Keep your valuables at home or in the safe.

Especially when going to the beach ......

• Haha 2

Taking yer bird to Pattaya indicates a "Lack of judgement":shock1::smile:

Many years ago in Phnom Penh my tuk tuk driver advised me not to wear my 2 baht gold necklace. (Evetually sold back to where I bought it from).

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

excellent point. I recall my first visit to the Philippines 17 years ago and the taxi driver advising me to hide my watch and my gold and keep the window up. I thought at the time it was a bit OTT but it was sound advice. This was 17 years ago and yet people still walk around in the red light areas of Thailand as though the place is full of saints. Unbelievable.  

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Who wrote this article, it seems very strangely worded... ChatGPT maybe.

I will try to read it again but fear my head exploding.

Yes indeed, the sentence:

" articulated a desire for a swift resolution, urging authorities to bolster security in frequented tourist areas to deter future incidents of a similar nature"

Seems very strange?

• Like 2

To help reduce the theft of gold chains from tourists and other means why doesn’t the government introduce a law that requires the seller of the gold to produce positive ID documentation. The gold shop proprietor to take a photo of the customer selling, their I D  and a photo of the gold

I have witnessed where a gold chain was sold. The shop owner pulled out a small marble slab with a slight hollow in the middle, a gas bottle and he melted the gold chain on the spot. All evidence gone 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Heo narrated the incident, revealing that the perpetrators targeted them while they were enjoying the coastal ambiance near Pattaya's Soi 5-6. Engaging them in conversation, the transvestites offered various services and made suggestive gestures.

Very poetic.

Ladyboys are getting a lot more brazen these days to target a man who's with his Thai "companion", or was the Thai "companion" in on the act and friends with the ladyboy?

A 51-year-old tourist from Korea, Mr. Seongmu Heo, along with his 43-year-old Thai companion, Ms. Surat Konin, found themselves ensnared in a daring incident of theft in Pattaya.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Why do people still come to Thailand is the question.. just find a better quality holiday destination.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1