Ladyboy-Led Heist: Korean Tourist Loses 200,000 Baht Gold Necklace in Pattaya

webfact

I wonder how long it will take and how many more of these incidents (ladyboy = gold = theft) will happen before Insurance companies will refuse to pay out if the insured party is wearing gold in plain view in Pattaya?

I also wonder how many incidents it will take before the police either have a meeting to discuss ways of preventing them, as they are spoiling "the image of Pattaya", or will they say "som nam naa", and merely file a report? 

Sure, it's very important to show off presenting a valuable neck lace around your neck. How else to show that you're a VIP and on top very rich.

It's common sense. If you travel take all your crown jewels with you🙏😂

I'm not a friend of ladyMEN! 

But why the 👹🔥 does anybody walk around with an expensive necklace? 

If it was in order to show off his "wealth" - it happened to the right person. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Thai girls like to stick the money directly on to their bodies in the form of gold necklaces.  Something about it being more permanent than paper money.  And the family can take it back when before they get cremated.

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Ladyboys are getting a lot more brazen these days to target a man who's with his Thai "companion", or was the Thai "companion" in on the act and friends with the ladyboy?

A 51-year-old tourist from Korea, Mr. Seongmu Heo, along with his 43-year-old Thai companion, Ms. Surat Konin, found themselves ensnared in a daring incident of theft in Pattaya.

A companion who is a "Ms" too,   very suspicious   never heard a Thai woman use that prefix ever

Well, it is a bit like having a neon sign over your head saying "Rob Me". Having said that, I can understand why some asian guys might think it apprpriate. Farangs (in Asia) get a free pass in the status stakes, asians (in Asia) not so much.

14 hours ago, digger70 said:

Pretty silly to show of all your bling whilst on holiday in Thailand .

We don't have to know that you have some money and showing some gold.

Having money is paramount in some cultures, not least where we are. 

Showing it, else no point having it.

I agree with you and have not worn any for some years, my arthritic finger swelled and I had to cut off the ring I had had for near 50 years.... my gold chain went sailing off with the thief on a motorcycle some years ago here. 

Some do not trust leaving it behind in the hotel too.

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

They must be buying from the same gold shop as the Indians the price of a neckless is always 200.000 baht.

I tried to warn a guy wearing a large Gold chain in town, he told me it was fake. Wonder how many are?