Trip to Laos during a 30 days Thai visa exemption

Hello.

I plan to travel to Bangkok from Belgium (from airport), so I will get 30 days Thai visa exemption.

At the beginning of these 30 days, I plan to have a short touristic trip to Lao (3 or 4 nights) crossing the terrestrial border.

After this trip to Laos, I will be back to Thailand by crossing the terrestrial border.

Will I get a new 30 days Thai visa exemption ? I have heard that may be, I will get 15 days only.

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit with a 30 days visa exemption before going to Laos, so I can keep my full 30 days ?

Just obtain another visa exempt entry.

You will be stamped in for 30 days. 

BTW how long do you hope to stay in Thailand. 

The reason for asking is that most folk would use the 30 days then take the mini trip your planning and then reenter Thailand. 

Assume that you are aware 30 day visa exempt can be extended by 30 days

Be aware that when you fly to Thailand VisaExempt (without a Visa), that the airline might refuse you boarding unless you can show evidence of an onward flight reservation from Thailand to an international destination on a date PRIOR to the 30-days Permission to stay you will be stamped in by Thai border-immigration on arrival. 

The easiest way to meet that requirement for such onward flight reservation, is to book a fully legit reservation from a service provider like onwardticket.com . It costs only 16 US $ and is normally delivered within minutes in your e-mail box on payment by credit-card.  It is a genuine flight-reservation but the service-provider will automatically cancel it 48 to 72 hours after issuance, so it's a matter of making that onward-flight booking the evening before or morning of your flight departure date from Brussels.

= = =

As drJack54 mentioned in his earlier response.  If you plan to stay less than 60 days in Thailand, you also have the very easy option to apply for a 30-day extension of stay of your VisaExempt Permission to stay at any Thai provincial Immigration Office.  Those 30 days are added to the expiry date of your original Permission to Stay, so there is no need to wait till last days to do it, and at most Imm Offices you can do it from 14 days before your Permission to stay expires. 

= = =

If you did plan to make a trip to Laos before your Permission to stay expires, there is no need to apply for such 30-day extension in Thailand.  On your return from Laos and re-entering Thailand Visa Exempt, you will be once again provided with a 30-day Permission, this time by Thai landborder Immigration. 

= = =

Enjy your stay in LoS!

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Are you sure about that?

its thailand
Nothing is sure

but there is no set limit, its always up to the IO on arrival