Online 90 Day Reporting Rejected for the first time

I am not quite sure why they rejected my online 90 Day reporting application online.  This is the first time it happens and of course, no explanation is given!   the email I received is 'ordering' me to go my nearest immigration bureau immediately.  The due date is today, 17 January.  My retirement extension is due for renewal mid Marck 2024 so wondering if the two are linked ie I have less than three months visa remaining.  If that is the case then why would I need to go to immigration?  Does it have to be CW where I normally get my visa extension?  Any insight is gratefully received

You can report in person up to and including Tuesday 23rd Jan without penalty.
No link between extension renewal dates and 90 day report dates.
You must report to the IO that issued your extension.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brian K said:

Does it have to be CW where I normally get my visa extension?  Any insight is gratefully received

Happened to me.

The report must be done at CW if that is your immigration office.

You have 7 days to do it in person.

Appointments are available. 

Alternatively you could leave it till your next extension and plead your case. 

The issue is the check doc chicks may pic up on no TM47.

My last 2 extensions (CW) they wanted the TM47 to let me proceed to desk L32.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Happened to me.

The report must be done at CW if that is your immigration office.

You have 7 days to do it in person.

Appointments are available. 

Alternatively you could leave it till your next extension and plead your case. 

The issue is the check doc chicks may pic up on no TM47.

My last 2 extensions they wanted the TM47 to let me proceed to desk L32.

Thanks you Dr Jack and Liquorice.  What a waste of my time to have to treck to CW for some obscure admin error, I am sure

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Caiman said:

Happened once to me, online rejection with no clarification.

On closer inspection I noticed I got one number wrong in my passport number.

thought of that so checked and double checked but no error anywhere

6 minutes ago, Brian K said:

thanks.  Is this the option to click? cos next available appointment not until 24 January and don't really fancy paying a fine  Notification of residence when staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

alternatively, can I just show up at CW with no appointment and get this done in time?  If so, any idea how long the wait is?

8 minutes ago, Brian K said:

thanks.  Is this the option to click? cos next available appointment not until 24 January and don't really fancy paying a fine  Notification of residence when staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

Do you want the bad news or the bad news.

Recently the ques for 90 day reporting have been long.

Yes it's a 2k fine so not to be sneezed at. 

Yes that's the option to click. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you want the bad news or the bad news.

Recently the ques for 90 day reporting have been long.

Yes it's a 2k fine so not to be sneezed at. 

Yes that's the option to click. 

Thanks again.  Will make my way there with no appointment and avoid giving them my cash

I agree whole-heartedly that the 90-day address report is offensive and redundant (for those on annual extensions).

When I lived in Mahasarakham Province in the early 1970s, the local residents of Vietnamese descent had to report to the local police station every 90 days.

Sound familiar?

Nevertheless, I go to Immo/CW every 90 days to do my address report in person for the following reasons:

- The online reporting system can be dodgy (as reported amply in this forum)

- I once did the mail-in approach, but I don't like the idea of sending off the original receipt in the mail (despite the excellent record of ThailandPost)

- It is always informative to visit Immo to see if there are changes in procedures, and chat with other aging ex-pats

- The report only involves 4 hours of my life every 3 months - and that is well worth the price of living here with a clean conscience

- If you are late, (as I once was, by only 3 days) you get a big red stamp (half-page) in your passport saying you failed to report on time.  Only a new passport can erase that stamp.

Yet, I truly sympathize with those who have to travel hundreds of kilometers to do this needless task -- we could be anywhere in country in the interim, and Immo would never know.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

I once did the mail-in approach, but I don't like the idea of sending off the original receipt in the mail

What "original receipt"? 

You mean the previous TM47.

I don't sent the original. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

If you use the search function, you get all the previous data from last time you reported.
Just fill in passport number and nationality and then click the search glasses.

I've done that and out of the blue it's rejected.

Rejected again after doing it in person. 

And yes I use autofill from magnifying glass 

It could be because the 90 days you are applying for takes you beyond your extension renewal date even though you are doing it online.  Twice when I have gone to Dan Singkorn for a 90 day report, they have only extended it to my extension renewal date. 

Edited by worrab
Extra wording
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are quite a view GBR variation options in the nationality box, friend of mine inadvertently hit the wrong one and got rejected although the rejection message actually informed him that was the problem and he re-submitted. 😁

1 hour ago, Brian K said:

I am not quite sure why they rejected my online 90 Day reporting application online.  This is the first time it happens and of course, no explanation is given!   the email I received is 'ordering' me to go my nearest immigration bureau immediately.  The due date is today, 17 January.

I got my first 90 day online rejection last month. I always take screenshots of the info I input and nothing was different from previous reports. I applied again the same day of the rejection email but this time filled in all the fields even if not required. The second submission was accepted. Try again tonight if you can and maybe you'll get lucky too.

1 hour ago, Caiman said:

Happened once to me, online rejection with no clarification.

On closer inspection I noticed I got one number wrong in my passport number.

Only boxes you need fill in is the passport no & country, then click on the magnifying glass icon the system will complete the form for you, if you have input the passport no correctly. If not then check the passport no.

Only time you need to check the auto input data is first time after an extension, when you need to change your valid to date.

If you have a new passport I believe you have to do the first report in person.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, worrab said:

It could be because the 90 days you are applying for takes you beyond your extension renewal date even though you are doing it online. 

I don't think the report has anything to do with your future stay. You report you are still here 90 days after your previous report

45 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I don't think the report has anything to do with your future stay. You report you are still here 90 days after your previous report

You are correct. But when you do it online, it cannot just go to your extension date like it can if done manually at an office. My 90 days was due in Oct and my extension date was in Dec. So instead of getting 90 days to my next report he only gave me up to the extension date which was under 90 days. I hope this clarifies what I was saying earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, BenStark said:

@worrab is correct.

I am not sure that it was always the case but recently, the 90 day report date has been limited to the extension date (where this is less than 90 days away).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

You are correct. But when you do it online, it cannot just go to your extension date like it can if done manually at an office. My 90 days was due in Oct and my extension date was in Dec. So instead of getting 90 days to my next report he only gave me up to the extension date which was under 90 days. I hope this clarifies what I was saying earlier.

So this may be the case for me too on this occasion.  However, and I have just noticed this now, I checked previous applications I made online and saw that in fact they did reject one before.  Exactly the same info provided in all previous forms I filled out but twice now, they rejected them.  No new passport.  No new arrival date.  Nothing different.  The mystery continues

Hmm, just notice this on the slip of my latest online report. Not sure it always has been there.

2. Please check the expiration date of the visa in the passport before notifying more than 90 days.

Also, now it says, the fine for not reporting will not be over 5000 baht

15 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

@worrab is correct.

I am not sure that it was always the case but recently, the 90 day report date has been limited to the extension date (where this is less than 90 days away).

Interesting.

My Immigration office always resets the 90-day report from the extension renewal date.
So in effect, I only submit 3 x 90 day reports a year.

The 4th report is always due within the 45-day window I can submit my extension application (marriage).

They always remove that 4th notification from my Passport and tell me not to bother.
Then, when they approve and issue my next extension, they give a new 90-day report slip, dated 90 days from the extension renewal date.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Also, now it says, the fine for not reporting will not be over 5000 baht

That's the maximum fine under section 76 of the Immigration Act.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

However, under section 84 of the Act, the settlement commission have set the bar at 2,000 THB for failure to comply with section 37 (5).

Section 84 : In all offenses under this Act, except the provisions of Section 62 Para.1 Section 63 , 64, 71 and 82 Para.2. The settlement Commission ,consisting of the Police Department’s Director General or Representative, the Public Prosecution Department’s Director General or Representative, and the Immigration Division’s Commander or Representative, as the, members shall have the authority to assign duty of settlement to the Inquiry Official or the competent official by fixing a settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement Commission my deem proper. When the offender has paid the fine as stipulate, the case shall be deemed settled under the Criminal Procedure Code.