Can I buy square blocks already cut in half?

Dean1953

Underneath my patio is my septic tank, which cracked and drained a section of sand out to the creek behind my house. Rather than pulling out the septic tank, which also had a considerable amount of sand in it, a new septic tank was installed next to the old one. All of this was done while I was at my house in December.  A person that occasionally works on stuff at my house was contracted to pour a concrete base and reinstall the pavers on top, which he has done as of yesterday. My question is whether I can buy paver square blocks already in half size?  Or, do I have to cut them in half, to fit them in the sides of the patio?  If the latter, I know what I’ll be doing in May when I get back. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.d505c5b03c74aca2e9b128d1fe2bef66.png

I know that there are lots of places to buy them. I bought these at a business lot across the street from Global  House.     I’ll ask either the installer or my Thai neighbor that watches over my house whien I’m not there if they know of anyplace closer to Bo Sang, where my house is.  The only other place where I have a smaller patio, using the same pavers,  and having the same sand base under the pavers, after 12-13 years of mailing unsupervised growth, the grass grew high enough between the pavers that you couldn’t see the pavers any longer.  I pulled all the pavers off and hired someone else to pour a concrete base there and put the pavers on top.  He decided to fill in where the half square pavers would have fit with concrete.  It looks alright but I’d prefer to use the half pavers this time.  

Edited by Dean1953
Expaination

4 hours ago, novacova said:

If you’re unable to find the half pavers, the workers can score with a chisel on both sides and then chisel in half.

Better to cut with a concrete saw, much better finish and a lot less waste.

The worker and my caretaker at the house talked with a company that sells pavers and the problem with cutting blocks in half is , with the amount of rain in rainy season, the pieces might float out    If I had done it, I would have cut the pieces, put some concrete in the hole, push the cut pieces in place and wiped off the excess concrete.  They weren’t going to do that, so they did it yesterday with a lot of concrete. I guess that it will grow on me with time

image.thumb.png.793b03065ab82a2fe3d347dd5d611f73.png

• Sad 1

Yes  there is a pvc pipe sticking out above where the septic tank was buried.  That part was done in December, while I was there. The laying of the concrete base and putting the pavers back down has been this week.